FHI or Sedu?

yoli184

This is too difficult :boredwrk:. I am stuck between the sedu and the FHI platform. I rollerset when I choose to wear my hair straight. Depending on the weeks I am post relaxer, I also flat iron my roots. The original Sedu is the #1 flat iron on folica with excellent reviews. But the FHI seems to be very popular with naturals! So since I am ONLY flat ironing my roots, which one should it be???

I would run a search for this topic because they're have been several threads in the past that might help you.

I LOVE my sedu. If/when this one dies i'll buy another. I bought my sister an FHI and tried it out. It was pretty good but i got better results from the sedu.

I don't think you'd go wrong with either though.

ETA: the sedu being high on the list at folica persuaded me to get it. I only texlax every six months and in that time when i use the sedu, it looks & feels like my hair is relaxed bone straight.

Last edited:
Please get the FHI. I dropped mine too many times and now I'm stuck using my Sedu until I can find a suitable replacement for my precious FHI (I believe they've stopped making the model I loved so much).

My hair has not looked as shiny or felt as soft as it did with the FHI. The Sedu gets way too hot and has left me with breakage along my hairline. I used my FHI for years and my hair was very healthy (even the finer 'baby' hairs along my hairline were strong and healthy).

I'm natural and the Sedu has proven to be too much for my hair after a couple of months of use. I strongly urge you to get the FHI instead. The Sedu will seem awesome the first couple of times you use it, but you may need a deep trim with regular use.

Back