I flat ironed my hair and decided......

Tonya

to go back to being fully relaxed. Me and this texturizer just are not getting along!
I updated with pics but my hair does not seen to be growing any (especially the layers) AND my hair appears to be closer to relaxed anyway SO....after I get my braids for a few month to gain a few more inches...I am going back to join the fully relaxed girls. Why do I feel so distraught???

Maybe you feel defeated? That's how I feel when I can't stretch my relaxers as long as I want. However, I try to make myself get over it by telling myself that what I want is healthy, pretty hair, and that setting different challenges for myself isn't necessarily the way to do it. I think I'd feel like you feel also if I had been texturized and then went back to fully relaxed, but you shouldn't feel bad about it. If a relaxer is going to give you what you want from your hair, then relax it. No use in holding on to being texturized when you two aren't getting along...cheer up /images/graemlins/kiss.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
Maybe you feel defeated? That's how I feel when I can't stretch my relaxers as long as I want. However, I try to make myself get over it by telling myself that what I want is healthy, pretty hair, and that setting different challenges for myself isn't necessarily the way to do it. I think I'd feel like you feel also if I had been texturized and then went back to fully relaxed, but you shouldn't feel bad about it. If a relaxer is going to give you what you want from your hair, then relax it. No use in holding on to being texturized when you two aren't getting along...cheer up /images/graemlins/kiss.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dream...you are a sweetie

I think your hair looks great- and the front actually looks like its grown quite a bit for 2 months. You do what makes you happy though I know how hard it is to be frustrated with hair that just doesn't want to grow out fast enough (the worst part is you KNOW if you wanted to keep those layers they'd have grown out before you could blink your eyes - gotta love hair and its fickle growth tendancies /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif ).

I look ggreat to me and it also looks like it has grow alot..but dwhat make you happy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

IPM

[ QUOTE ]
Divastate said:
I think your hair looks great- and the front actually looks like its grown quite a bit for 2 months. You do what makes you happy though I know how hard it is to be frustrated with hair that just doesn't want to grow out fast enough (the worst part is you KNOW if you wanted to keep those layers they'd have grown out before you could blink your eyes - gotta love hair and its fickle growth tendancies /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif ).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the front has definately grown, it looks great!

Why feel distraught? It's all about getting the best results for your hair. Plus Its all chemicals at the end of the day anyway.

Have you tried a top quality ceramic flat iron? I can get my hair bone straight with mine. (I was considering switching to a relaxer at one point as well but there is no need now)

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said, dreems! I agree Tonya. Plus, your hair looks good, AND you can tell it's growing!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonya your hair has definitely grown a lot. And as if it wasn't thick enough, the fullness and body of your hair has like tripled /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Ultimately you have to do what ever it is that makes you look at your hair and just be thrilled over it, but I know that the thickness I have right now comes only from not relaxing my hair bone straight. At the same time every head is different and that may not be the case for you...The point is that you should consider all the pro's and con's and just not one particular thing. You don't want to loose your fullness in order to be able to flat iron easily or something like that unless the latter is more important to you and your idea of gorgeous hair (just an example). You can always go a little straighter with the Texturizer, but the bar doesn't swing both ways. At the end of the day Ms. Tonya J needs to be happy, because when you're happy, we're happy for you /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

Tonya it looks like your hair is coming in thicker which means length is on the way! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Don't feel distraught. It feels as if you're not making any progress but you are girly. Beautiful hair as always. /images/graemlins/up.gif

I don't know what your talking about tonya, i see alot growth! ESPECIALLY the layers..look how long the front is getting! and its CRAZY thick!!
Beautiful /images/graemlins/up.gif

Tonya, /images/graemlins/kiss.gif
Don’t feel despaired. Layers can be difficult for a person trying to gain length, because it’s difficult to see if all of the hair is growing. I went through the same thing after my huge, huge chop and I couldn’t rest until I got out ALL of the layers.

Don’t do anything crazy…just try to be patient. I’m certain that your hair is growing. You may just be looking at it too hard /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks ladies...maybe this is the "watched pot never boils" syndrome going on with me. taht is why I am getting braids so that I can't see my hair for awhile. I will admit this is the thickess my hair has been (witht he exception of when I was natural) in a long time...so I will just see what happens when I take my braids out. I just wish these sides will hurry up and reach my collarbone atleast. But ok...I will stop complaining.

Your hair definitely looks thicker and healthier. So while it might not seem to be growing as quickly as you'd like, there is obvious progress.

I see something totally different than you are in these pics. To me it appears that your layers are most certainly growing out. Your hair is getting thicker throughout b/c the layers are certainly growing /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Now you have those beautiful sweeping bangs and your sides are going to hit collar bone before you realize it. I have this same syndrome so I understand, but I swear we are our own worse critics. I think your hair is beautifully. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as going from texturized to fully relaxed... I don't really understand what that would accomplish. Based on your wet hair pic your hair isn't still super bulky, so why do you think that's the source of your problem? I only caution you b/c you have color in your hair and the fewer chemical processes you have to deal w/the better. And obviously the less severe the better.

Tonya, do what you feel is right for you, your hair, your lifestyle. As the dude in the waterboy would say, "You can do it!"
-Tammie

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
I see something totally different than you are in these pics. To me it appears that your layers are most certainly growing out. Your hair is getting thicker throughout b/c the layers are certainly growing /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Now you have those beautiful sweeping bangs and your sides are going to hit collar bone before you realize it. I have this same syndrome so I understand, but I swear we are our own worse critics. I think your hair is beautifully. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as going from texturized to fully relaxed... I don't really understand what that would accomplish. Based on your wet hair pic your hair isn't still super bulky, so why do you think that's the source of your problem? I only caution you b/c you have color in your hair and the fewer chemical processes you have to deal w/the better. And obviously the less severe the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that too....and I wonder if the texturizer is why my hair is not thinning out this time. I don;t know I just need a break from my hair. When I look at the texturized hair pics here I get mad because i want my hair to do that!!!! Oh well...what is for one is not for all. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that too....and I wonder if the texturizer is why my hair is not thinning out this time. I don;t know I just need a break from my hair. When I look at the texturized hair pics here I get mad because i want my hair to do that!!!! Oh well...what is for one is not for all. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Girl, I definitely see growth. I love you hair it's so thick and pretty. I'm always checking our you ablum to see the latest style. I understand how you're feeling though, b/c that's exactly how I feel about my natural hair. This hair is a challenge and frustrating at times /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif. I sure whatever you decide it will look great. Keep up the good work. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tonya said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ain't that the truth. I think when you texturize its best to have NO expectations, b/c no two texturized heads look alike /images/graemlins/nono.gif. Well you have lots of cute styling options so why not rely on them for the winter and then reassess around March. It took me a whole 7 months to see some changes that I could be truly satisfied with and appreciate. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mybe I should stop watching girlfriends and viewing albums....

NappyNik...your hair is beautiful...I wish I had the discipline ot be natural.

Your hair looks good and it looks like the front has grown from your comparison picture. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Back