I finally came up with a vitamin regimen. Is it too much?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've been doing a lot of searching on LHCF, and I've come up with a regimen. But I think it may be a bit much, I don't know. The vitamins are: Ultra Nourishair, Nioxin Recharging Complex, Kelp, Fo-Ti, Flaxseed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Calcium and a once a day multi. What do you guys think? Is it too much or is it good? If I should get rid of something, what do you think it should be? Thanks, ladies!

tiffers said:
I've been doing a lot of searching on LHCF, and I've come up with a regimen. But I think it may be a bit much, I don't know. The vitamins are: Ultra Nourishair, Nioxin Recharging Complex, Kelp, Fo-Ti, Flaxseed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Calcium and a once a day multi. What do you guys think? Is it too much or is it good? If I should get rid of something, what do you think it should be? Thanks, ladies!

How many of each are you going to take?:grin:

A few of them are once a day, others are 1-2 twice a day. I can't remember which ones are which :)

tiffers said:

I think you may run into trouble with the Ultra Nourishair, Nioxin Recharging Complex AND the Multi. Check the ingredients of the multis, you don't want to overdose on the fat solubles vitamins (vitamins A, D, E & K). Here's a link for more info on those.

Thanx VWVixxen! I didn't even think of that! Would just taking the Ultra Nourishair and multi be okay? I could cut out the Nioxin....

You're very welcome!

***Prefacing with: I'm not a nutritionist....***

My OPINION: In that you're taking the Kelp and Fo-Ti, I'd say drop the Nioxin, though if it were me, I LOVE my Nioxin, I'd drop the kelp and multi! :lol:

I'm taking the Ultra Nourish Hair (1 a day instead of the recommended dosage because I take the Nioxin which is very akin to a multi in reference to ingredients). In reading on Vitamin A, I found out that when it's in its natural form (i.e. from carrots) it's non toxic however the synthetic version CAN be when used in excessive amounts.

I'd say your best bet is to seriously evaluate your nutritional profile and see what you eat on the AVERAGE day. That'll give you a better heads up on how much you may or may not need. If you consume lots of sugar, caffiene and/or other baddies, it can affect how your body utilizes your nutrition/food.

Also, I didn't see you mention a vitamin C supplement, it is recommended to include vitamin C to assist with your body's absorption of the vites (MSM is one I know for sure that's true of). :lol: However, if you're trying to get pregnant (like me :weird:, too much vitamin C can make your blood too acidic and impede the process...

***Ok that's WAY more than you asked for! :look: ***

Thank you so much!!! Now, I'm confused. I don't know which one to get rid of! I REALLY wanna take the multi, kelp AND the nioxin! Decisions, decisions :) Anyone else have any opinions on what to do?

tiffers said:
Thank you so much!!! Now, I'm confused. I don't know which one to get rid of! I REALLY wanna take the multi, kelp AND the nioxin! Decisions, decisions :) Anyone else have any opinions on what to do?

I sowry! :(

Back