I don't want to straighten my hair...

Naturelle

I haven't straightened my hair in almost a year. Trying to salvage my hair from some serious heat damage from last year. Usually I'm on point when it comes to how I want to wear my hair for an event...but I have a wedding to go to on Sunday. My man bought this gorgeous sexy dress for me and I can't decide how to wear my hair with it. I decided a straightened 50's curly do would work very nicely but I don't want to straighten my hair for that curly bouncy look. I made the appointement I know I need a trim, but I'm not ready. And I don't want to regret it. Should I still go ahead anyway? I'm torn cause inside it doesn't feel right and I really don't think I should do something if I don't feel right doing it.

But my other alternative is to wear my natural hair curly but it's full of 3s and 4s and have no idea what to do with it.

I've thought about dc'ing with the Rhassoul clay cause it makes my curls gawgeous! Is it okay to leave it in overnight? Will it damage the hair in anyway? I figured after I rinsed it out my curls will pop to the max and look real pretty so I want to make sure this is not a bad idea...

I've done it twice so far and my hair loves it. My curls really pop afterwards. I want to maximize my curl popping definition cause Ithink this will look great too for the wedding once I pin it up right. But I don't want to have a hair disaster on that day.

Ladies especially diy's please help me out

If you don't want to straighten it, then DONT!

I think you should wear your curly hair. I don't know much about the rhausoul clay, but maximum pop is always flattering. I can see you now, struttin yo' stuff in a banging sexy dress with a nice updo, with hair falling over one eye:gorgeous:

I really think you shouldn't straighten or trim right now. Never make any big changes before a big event. Ever! :look:

I would do a practice session with your hair. Do what you talked about with the deep condition and wearing it so that your curls pop. Consider doing a twist out for more definition, but again, now is not the time to try anything "new". Do what works for you.

Going forward, when you need a trim, go to someone you trust completely OR do it yourself (I do) and I've never been happier than now with my hair. I do it all myself. Even my hair for MY own wedding. I did it myself.

I hope this little bit of advice helps. I know you'll look gorgeous.

I really think you shouldn't straighten or trim right now. Never make any big changes before a big event. Ever! :look:

I would do a practice session with your hair. Do what you talked about with the deep condition and wearing it so that your curls pop. Consider doing a twist out for more definition, but again, now is not the time to try anything "new". Do what works for you.

Going forward, when you need a trim, go to someone you trust completely OR do it yourself (I do) and I've never been happier than now with my hair. I do it all myself. Even my hair for MY own wedding. I did it myself.

I hope this little bit of advice helps. I know you'll look gorgeous.

I've thought about doing this...how do you trim your own hair properly. This is what scares me a bit

You already know the answer. But since you want confirmation, I'll gladly give it to you.
Don't straighten. Always go with your gut feelings.

You can do a nice braidout on clean hair w/ coconut oil and then style the 'curls' into a pretty updo....? I did that for a wedding before.

Also, don't forget how regal a big puff can be. get a nice headband that goes all around your head, and let those natural curls be your crown!

Don't straighten!! LOL. Well I don't think I would. If you sweat a lot in your head you'd be taking a chance that your hair may puff up and ruin your whole "look".

Back