I dont know what to do with my hair.

lovely_locks

M natural and my hair is just all over the place! I can't braid, I'm just so lost. Please help. I don't want to relax it.

Attachments

• image-3246806273.jpg
    image-3246806273.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3882512906.jpg
    image-3882512906.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 107
Hmm I only know how to wash and go so I'm not much help but do you like braids? Or maybe twist out Bantu knot out or something.

Your hair would look so beautiful in flat-twists.

Have you looked at any YouTube videos for tutorials? When my hair was that length, flat-twists were my go-to style for a long time. And I wore my part in the same location you wear your part.

I'm natural, 4CZ.

Totally agree with Pompous Blue ^^^

It won't take long to learn to flat-twist and after 3 or 4 days, you can wear a flat-twistout for two days.

You'll only have to "bother" with your hair once each week. :yep:

Thanks ladies! I feel like my hair is just....I got some length, and I figured my hair would start growing down. But it is just growing up and out :/ Off to youtube!

Could you guys post some pictures of cute flat twists styles?

My hair is about the same length as yours. It is an awkward length that's for sure.

Could you guys post some pictures of cute flat twists styles? My hair is about the same length as yours. It is an awkward length that's for sure.

Isn't it! We can't put up, wearing it down just doesn't look right. Plus the back of mine is shorter than the front.

Wear it in a puff or do some twists. Sometimes you just have to play around in the mirror until you get a cute style :)

I agree with the braid out/twist out suggestion.

Learning shouldn't take that long.

You have a good face for short hair, it's just you've done nothing with it:lol:. You should definitely play around with natural styles some more (and be patient with growth) before going for the relaxer!

Isn't it! We can't put up, wearing it down just doesn't look right. Plus the back of mine is shorter than the front.

:yep::yep: Yes, and my hair is basically wool so it is a real struggle right now. This cold weather is not helping with the dryness either.

The last time I was in this phase I was in college so I just wore braids and twists all the time and didn't really notice. I don't really want to do braids again so these flat twists sound pretty good about right now.

BTW, Please don't relax OP! If you leave your hair alone (no relaxer, color, bleach, Keratin Treatments, etc.) for a year you'll be surprised by how long it will be. Maybe you could flatiron your hair every 4 months or so to trim a tiny bit.

The dreaded in-between length stage is where it seems most people get frustrated and then do something drastic...

Yeah, I googled flat twist styles but I just wanted to see what pics some of the members might have.

BTW, Please don't relax OP! If you leave your hair alone (no relaxer, color, bleach, Keratin Treatments, etc.) for a year you'll be surprised by how long it will be. Maybe you could flatiron your hair every 4 months or so to trim a tiny bit.

I disagree about the Kertain treatments. Seriously? Those are amazing and really good for strengthening the hair.

I disagree about the Kertain treatments. Seriously? Those are amazing and really good for strengthening the hair.

hairina

I used them years ago and they caused no damage. But it's not that way for everyone.

The caution I was giving OP was to not begin experimentation with different things during this in-between time. Severe setbacks can occur when we get bored/frustrated with our hair and start "doing stuff". I wasn't saying that relaxing, coloring, Keratin, etc. would definitely be damaging - just that it's best to be patient and keep a minimal regimen until reaching goal length - IF quickly growing long hair is the goal.

hairina

I used them years ago and they caused no damage. But it's not that way for everyone.

The caution I was giving OP was to not begin experimentation with different things during this in-between time. Severe setbacks can occur when we get bored/frustrated with our hair and start "doing stuff". I wasn't saying that relaxing, coloring, Keratin, etc. would definitely be damaging - just that it's best to be patient and keep a minimal regimen until reaching goal length - IF quickly growing long hair is the goal.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

Thank you everyone! You were right! I was thinking of using heat, dying my hair and even relaxing. I figure I can wait till I hit my year mark in May. And maybe it will be long enough for me to not be in this awkward stage.

Back