I don't know how yall stretch for longer than 3 months

shandaw

Lord have mercy, I am 12 weeks post and I just went to the bathroom at work. I looked in the mirror and no way, I can't go another day with a touch-up my hair is bunned but I have bangs in the front. The new growth is incredible. I don't know how you stretch longer than 3 months my hair looks awful. LOL I was thinking maybe I could stretch longer nah, I can't do that. Before I left home this morning I thought my hair looked decent. I know it ain't looking good by no means. I'm thinking maybe I should try some wigs.

I'm sitting here cracking up at your post. :lachen::lachen::lachen: I can definitely relate. I'm 17 wks post and it is no joke. I did my normal Sat wash and rollerset my hair. It took me forever to rollerset my hair. I was wondering myself how in the world the 6 month stretchers do it. I'm seriously wondering if I'm combing out too much hair when I do my washes.

I agree curly styles all the way.It is so funny that the OP wrote this thread because I am on a 6 month stretched, and I don't think I'll be able to do it. I might get a relaxer next week (that will make it a 5 month stretched instead).

I get braids and wear cornrows under wigs.....I dont bother it often at all.
I will be 20 wks post tomorrow.

Lord have mercy, I am 12 weeks post and I just went to the bathroom at work. I looked in the mirror and no way, I can't go another day with a touch-up my hair is bunned but I have bangs in the front. The new growth is incredible. I don't know how you stretch longer than 3 months my hair looks awful. LOL I was thinking maybe I could stretch longer nah, I can't do that. Before I left home this morning I thought my hair looked decent. I know it ain't looking good by no means. I'm thinking maybe I should try some wigs.

LOL! I feel you OP, because right now I am attempting my first 12 week stretch, and at 10 weeks post, my head looks a HOT A** MESS!. I have been wearing my hair in this rusty ponytail, and yes, I have decreased manipulation, but I am almost scared to wash my hair this week because my new growth is a BEAST!

Stay strong...

HHG

Lol...The longest I've stretched is 4 months (I think up to 17 weeks), but I want to start stretching to six months. This time I'm stretching 5 months (I'll relax in January) and see how that goes. If all goes well I'm going to go for six months.

My last relaxer was in August and I can't take it anymore. My new growth is like dry and brittle. I'm getting a relaxer tmrw or this weekend.

I just finished a one year stretch and it was cool. I did the crown and glory method so I didnt mess with my hair much. When I was out of the braids I DC alot with steam (softens new growth like nobody's bizzness). The I would either bantu knot it up or do flat twist and wig it. I just kept it moisturized and let it be. I used a lot of S-curl (should have bought stock in the company!)

I didnt loose any hair and got a dusting 2 times and I was fine. I am 5 weeks into another one year stretch and I am in braids. I plan on doing this for another couple years. I am at collar bone length and plan on keeping this regimen until I am at least below should blade (BSB) length.

OP or anyone for that matter has any questions you can always PM me I will answer any questions.

Blessings,
SoutherStunner

Protective styles help me stretch...

Sew Ins...Buns,French Twist/Braids,Phony Ponys,Braidouts,Twistouts,Bantu Knots,etc
:lick:

and...Nairobi hair products

:lachen::lachen:I feel you. I am 10 weeks post and i usually go 12 but this week i did not blow out my roots and holy hell...I am itching like crazy thinking abt a relaxer:sad:

I ended my stretch on Friday. I was 12 weeks post. This was the longest I have stretched and Im happy with the results. I think the next time I will relax will be January 31st.

During my last stretch I barely made it to 11 weeks; my ng was so dry and my hair looked a HAM.

Today, I'm 11 weeks post, my ng is soft, my hair looks great (braid out styles)....and the only things I'm doing differently are pre-pooing w/ suave or v05 conditioner (or dc'ing on dry hair) followed by co-washing; then I air dry in braids & tie my hair down with a scarf.

I do this 3-4x a week...I feel like I could stretch for as long as I want :yep:

During my last stretch I barely made it to 11 weeks; my ng was so dry and my hair looked a HAM.

Today, I'm 11 weeks post, my ng is soft, my hair looks great (braid out styles)....and the only things I'm doing differently are pre-pooing w/ suave or v05 conditioner (or dc'ing on dry hair) followed by co-washing; then I air dry in braids & tie my hair down with a scarf.

I do this 3-4x a week...I feel like I could stretch for as long as I want :yep:

I am with you nymane! Pre-pooing NG really gets it under control. I had a bad experience the first time I went 12 weeks for the first time a few months ago. NG was like a brillo pad, but now it is soft as butta and I'm going to go as long as I feel like 16? 20? Don't know how long but want to try to make it to 6 months eventually as i can really tell a difference in hair thickness with stretching.

I actually am forced to stretch for 6 months bcuz I'm on accutane and I heard some horror stories of girls who relaxed while on it. I figured out a great plan that can probably help you:
Since I relaxed Oct 3rd I will rock a straight weave for 2 months (I will take my install out after 4wks), curly weave for 2 months (again, I will take my install out after 4wks), box braids for 1 month, and a wig for the last month.

I feel you, my last stretch (my first actual stretch ever) was 3 months.. it went pretty smooth. I like stretching It gives me time to really appreciate my afro textured hair. Something about the textured fascinated me, lol. It really did started to get rough after 3 months mark but I think i could have went longer.

But anyway, not everyone can even reach 3 months and it is NOT a failure. Nothing in effort of improving your hair is a failure esp not stretching. Its rough battling the two textures.. but i hope everyone find some kinda joy out of it at least :yep:

I can barely get past 10 weeks as my hair begins to break easily and it is horrible to manage. I think it is because my hair is so fine. My hairdresser commented that she believes I am waiting too long and I tend to agree. This time around I have been blowing out my roots after I rollerset and that seems to help.

I think the product you use can help as well. If you find something that agrees with your NG it can be a breeze.. my last stretch ended at 15 weeks and I could have gone much longer but I am like a junkie when it comes to seeing my progress.. Gonna try to get to 16 -20 weeks this go round..

Oh and Cantu shea butter was the product for me, flattened down my NG like no bodys bizness

I'm 37 weeks post and honestly, once you get past about 20 weeks it's not really that much of an issue...just tie your hair down at night to keep the edges flat, or draw attention away from the edges with a cute hairband or scarf, braidouts and twistouts are fun as well! there's loads you can do, and enjoy as well, and keep in mind that in the end there'll be a pleasant surprise for you when you eventually relax/texlax. Honestly, stretching is so much fun I feel like stretching my whole life long :D

lol i was saying the same thing over the weekend i cant deal with the new growth its only been like 8 weeks i rececheck my calender last nnight and i was shocked i cant believe how much new growth i have but its not getting touched until i feel like it sometime next year hopefully

I'm 12 weeks post and this time is a charm. This is my second strech, last time I went 15 weeks. What has helped me tremendously is my steamer. It works wonders on new growth. Breaking is at a minimum,hair health is at maximum and I'm happy. I planned on relaxing in December but I'm going to ride this baby to the wheels fall off!

I'm still stretching ladies. I co-washed for the first time last week and it helped alot with my NG. I am currently three months post and I will see how long I can go. This is not easy, today I just have my hair in a bun which is all I can really do with it at this point. thanks to you ladies, I'm going to keep going.

Back