I don't DO pea-sized drops...

If a shampoo I use about a dime size on WET hair and it ends up going all over my head....Now conditioner is another story....I end up using about 1 or 2 handfuls :( but I have little hands lol When it comes to doing twist with my Qhemet I use about a half of finger tip on wet hair on each twist because I found too much products on mi twist makes them not form correctly on mi hair.

I'm extremely heavy handed so I know a pea sized amount would be a joke. I only use a small amount of serum when I flat iron but other than that I am very generous :yep:

Ha I'd have to agree. There is no way I ever used a dime size of any product, that wouldn't go for my hair. I usually put my hair in four sections and moisturize as needed and its way more than a dime size....I am heavy handed as well I go through conditioners and leave ins so quickly.

Ladies, since I've been doing the Relaxer Conditioning Technique that WestNDNBeauty introduced, I can use half a bottle of conditioner.

But, my hair is oh so silky and easy to detangle.

Just a thought: who CAN use a pea sized amount? Even for our straight haired sisters, I don't a think a pea sized amount of anything (except like serum) would do much...

That said, I wish I would try and put a pea sized amount of anything in my hair...

I find that with my hair a quarter size of regular shampoo does fine. Half dollar with DC/Protein or regular conditioner.

Using Hair One all that goes to the back yard, cause I feel like I put pump after pump x 20 in my hair.

But my Conditioners last forever. And my hair is not lacking any.

I use a dime to nickel size of serum, if I tried to use a pea size it wouldn't work well.

I do use a pea size for toothpaste :D

I may be rambling but...
I've watched youtubers that have used a dime or nickel sized amount for their hair. I watch them very closely as they are applying the product. What I have noticed is that they are just covering the top layer of their hair. So, I am thinking to myself, if most of your hair is not getting any of your product, why even apply it in the first place. It can't be making much of a difference if most of your hair is doing fine without it.
My hair needs product. I don't drown it, well except when I deep condition. I use a good amount when I am detangling and styling. I need that slip. When I am moisturizing daily, I use about a nickel to quarter size of each item (conditioner, olive oil, and wheatgerm oil). I get an even distribution throughout my hair by mixing them with water and using a spray bottle.

I may be rambling but...
I've watched youtubers that have used a dime or nickel sized amount for their hair. I watch them very closely as they are applying the product. What I have noticed is that they are just covering the top layer of their hair. So, I am thinking to myself, if most of your hair is not getting any of your product, why even apply it in the first place. It can't be making much of a difference if most of your hair is doing fine without it.
My hair needs product. I don't drown it, well except when I deep condition. I use a good amount when I am detangling and styling. I need that slip. When I am moisturizing daily, I use about a nickel to quarter size of each item (conditioner, olive oil, and wheatgerm oil). I get an even distribution throughout my hair by mixing them with water and using a spray bottle.

Exactly!!!! I dont get when people are doing product reviews on leave-ins and they are like "you only need a little." Baby who? I need a little for this section, a little for that section, a little for that section, a little for that section....:yep:

For something like serum, a pea size is fine for adding shine.
For shampoo or leave-in, around a quarter size works for me. Now when it comes to conditioning, I believe in saturation :grin:

I've never done pea size drops of any product. It's all about using enough to get the job done. I really go all out when it comes to conditioner. The same goes for DD. That's why I'm always on the prowl for conditioner whenever I see it on sale. We go through it like crazy at home.

Exactly!!!! I dont get when people are doing product reviews on leave-ins and they are like "you only need a little." Baby who? I need a little for this section, a little for that section, a little for that section, a little for that section....:yep:

Yeah i do a pea size or a little more per section. Not for the entire head.

Dime...Quarter....?

How about 50 cents....? Do you see my siggy pic? Thats not even when its actually dry and combed out!

LOL for real...I'll start with a lil bit....but I ALWAYS have to add more....remember...you can add but you can't take away!

beautyaddict1913 said it right....."A little for this section....and a lil mo for the next section".....And a sista got plenty of sections!

Back