I did my own YARN BRAIDS LIKE A BOSSSS.... (I got Pics too!!!)

sistatv

:cripwalks into post:

I'm sooo geeked, ya'll...:lachen: Its like I won the lottery up in this beezy! I did my own yarn braids.. And for me that is sooo MAJOR. I decided to stop being afraid of doing my own hair and just jump in and go for it... I took my time and stopped whenever I felt like it and did not stress it at all... And a week, oh who am I kidding NINE DAYS later:look:, I'm done and pretty pleased with the results... Before I started I had never, ever, ever put any type of braids, or extenstion in my hair at all... I watched 8 million youtube videos, and just decided to go for it... It is by no means perfect at all but for my first try I'm pleased! Ladies don't be scared to try to do whatever to your own hair. You can totally do it!!! It took a lot of patience, a zillion youtube tutorials, a bunch of movies, snacks and a Love and Hip Hop marathon but I'se done now!!! And feeling CAYUUUTTEEE!!! And now on to the pics chicks!!

ETA: I made a tutorial video when I first did it but I forgot to add it to this post And I made my rap debut as well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmEY5ZcsdXQ
Picture22-1.jpg

YYYAAAAYYYYY I did it!!!
Picture19-2-1-1.jpg

Shout out to the lady and the braid shop who quoted me $240...:spinning:
Picture17-1.jpg

Please don't quote the pics! Thanks!

Last edited:
Congrats, and very cute! Hopefully I'll find the courage to do my own braids one day...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Very cute! I've been thinking about trying yarn braids but I'm intimidated by how long they may take.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

$240??? Shiiiiiii, and all it cost you was about $5 for the yarn and time. Get it girl. Know I love me some yarn braids.

LOVING the glasses!!!!!
Did you get those from coastal? :lachen:

No... These are from Zenni Optical... I loves these... The only issue I have with Zenni is the coatings seem to make the glasses real smudgey (if thats even a word)... I want ot order some more without the coating before I go singing their praises... But folks chase me down about these glasses on the daily... Getchu some, girl!:yep:

Very cute! I've been thinking about trying yarn braids but I'm intimidated by how long they may take.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Girl that is what stopped me for the longest... The thing that made the task seem less daunting for me was separating my hair into 4 sections and working on one sub section at a time. Telling myself to just finish these next 4 braids was more palatable then facing all 400...lol

:rofl: I knew as soon as I saw the title it'd be you! :lachen: You look gorgeous! Love the hair. I thought they were locs for a quick second too.

Comic bubble in the first pic is cracking me up! :lol: You betta werk!

:rofl: I knew as soon as I saw the title it'd be you! :lachen: You look gorgeous! Love the hair. I thought they were locs for a quick second too.

Comic bubble in the first pic is cracking me up! :lol: You betta werk!

LOL! You are on to my foolishness! I'm shocked at how lock like they look... Some dude with locks at the store followed me around 4 aisles and was all up in my hair... He finally broke down and was like "looking good sis." I was like, " Yes.. Yes I am".... :look::look:

Not for real but that would have been smooth as hell if I said that though...:lachen::lachen:

Great job! I may have to try my own during the upcoming Christmas break!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

These pics look super animated I nee to check out ur yt. U and ur braids look cute. Good job!

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

OMGeeee! I can't believe how fly they came out, they look professionally done. Kudos to you for having the balls (excuse the expression!) to go on a 9 day braiding venture...chile i woulda quit on day 3 LOL!

They look great and you've given me so much courage to try again with protective styling! How did you wear your hair for the 9 days until you finished?

They look great!

I decided last month that I'll be doing my own yarn braids after the holidays. If you have any tips or even which you tube videos you found to be the most helpful please pass them this way :grin:

Back