I did my hair ladies.... (PICS)

Aviah

I'm so loving my hair right now. Though I'm just getting the hang of this au naturel regimen my hair's still holding up pretty well. As some of you mayy remember from my post about banan in my hair, this time it was avocado... a little better but required much rinsing and wet combing. ANYWAY after taking down my three-week old twists, rinsing with baking soda and water, then conditioning with coconut milk, avocado EVOO and honey I airdryed...
I braided it! (Partially had to due to the urge to either chop my heat-killed ends off or straighten AGAIN, like my siggy doesn't say no heat challenge:rolleyes:)
Without further delay PICS:

Disclaimer: I am a student who has not had time to do her eyebrows.

Attachments

• 152855.jpg
    152855.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 153631.jpg
    153631.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 152921.jpg
    152921.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 153414.jpg
    153414.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 152908.jpg
    152908.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
WOW this is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job! Cornrow around your head like that takes mad skillz! I love it!
What effect did you avocado mix have on your hair?

WOW this is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job! Cornrow around your head like that takes mad skillz! I love it!
What effect did you avocado mix have on your hair?

Thanks so much ladies. It just takes two mirrors, so you can see the back, and patience to get each part right. The avocado mix left it strong and silky after moisturizing with Hollywood Beauty's Olive Creme, EVOO, and my water, glycerin, and oil spray. I think I'll do it again, with a blender and a RIPE avocado next time...

I like it. You put a "twist" on the braids by adding twists to the ends. Very cute!

I love the bunned looked the best!!! Nice job.

:grin:Aviah ! WOW ! Impressive.:yay: Especially with our No Heat For 6 Months Challenge. Way to Go! You did a Great Job. Very Proud ! Keep Up the Good Work!

Oh, Next time, don't forget to Blend or Puree your Bananas and Your Avacado. It really makes it so much easier to Rinse.:yep:

Wow! Your hair looks great! I wish I had your skills. I need to start learning.

And yeah, with avocado or banana they need to be beyond ripe (like black) and then blended or else you'll be stuck with fruit salad in your hair. Oh, and always rinse egg with cold water (if you use it).

I love it, how did you learn to braid like that? I'm so envious of those with braiding skills. :grin:

Learning to braid wasn't intentional at first, I was just playing in my hair when I was younger. Then I figured out how to do it, I just worked on the technique. Maybe sometime in the Summer I should post a youtube video... How about it?

Back