I did my hair ladies.... (PICS)

Wow! Your hair looks great! I wish I had your skills. I need to start learning.

And yeah, with avocado or banana they need to be beyond ripe (like black) and then blended or else you'll be stuck with fruit salad in your hair. Oh, and always rinse egg with cold water (if you use it).

Thank you so much for that. I'll still be investing in my mom's blender to help smooth things out though.

Again thank you ladies for the really kind compliments :yep:

:grin:Aviah ! WOW ! Impressive.:yay: Especially with our No Heat For 6 Months Challenge. Way to Go! You did a Great Job. Very Proud ! Keep Up the Good Work!

Oh, Next time, don't forget to Blend or Puree your Bananas and Your Avacado. It really makes it so much easier to Rinse.:yep:

Girl I took out those twists I started the challenge with on Friday, and my I thought about just droppin' a flat iron in it...
Thank God for braids.
What are you doing to resist the temptation?:grin:

Girl I took out those twists I started the challenge with on Friday, and my I thought about just droppin' a flat iron in it...
Thank God for braids.
What are you doing to resist the temptation?:grin:

Just washing, DC and trying to Air Dry. I will admit I always do my DC with either a Heat Cap or Steamer.

Just washing, DC and trying to Air Dry. I will admit I always do my DC with either a Heat Cap or Steamer.

That's really good, (I haven't checked) are you relaxed?
And there's no condemnation for using heat to condition your hair...
What DC do you use? (wait this really belongs in a PM or the no heat challenge thread):grin:

Beautiful jobs. I wish I knew how to braid. Can you post links to some tutorials?

Oh no, I haven't done it yet. I'll try to when my exams are over later this month. If I do I'll post on here to let the girls know.

Wow that looks really nice!! The bun is very elegant!! I'm going to learn how to cornrow one of these days...I'll sign up for one of your classes. Good Luck with your finals.

I'm so loving my hair right now. Though I'm just getting the hang of this au naturel regimen my hair's still holding up pretty well. As some of you mayy remember from my post about banan in my hair, this time it was avocado... a little better but required much rinsing and wet combing. ANYWAY after taking down my three-week old twists, rinsing with baking soda and water, then conditioning with coconut milk, avocado EVOO and honey I airdryed...
I braided it! (Partially had to due to the urge to either chop my heat-killed ends off or straighten AGAIN, like my siggy doesn't say no heat challenge:rolleyes:)
Without further delay PICS:

Disclaimer: I am a student who has not had time to do her eyebrows.

I like this! :yep:

Back