I did my BKT!

winnettag

I finally BKT'd on Saturday!
I was scared I would suffer a major setback but it came out nicely and it's soft and there's no breakage in sight.
I am due for a major trim though.
I used Aveda Detoxifier for the poo and QOD Gold.
I DC'd overnight, put my hair in 10 braids, clarified 3 times (I took out my braids the night before, so my hair was a little dirtier than usual), towel dried and applied the product on each section with an applicator brush.
I blowdried with my comb attachment, then flat ironed on setting 8.5 with my maxiglide.
I've been using coconut oil on it because it had too much "swang" and was flying all over the place, but every morning I wake up the oil has been sucked up by my hair or the pillow and I still have swang left.
It starts out straighter in the AM when I take down the wrap, but gets a little frizzier as the day wears on.
Here are the pics, but I do need a 4-5 inch trim because you can't even see the wispy ends that are grazing WL :sad:

ETA: I apologize for wearing a black shirt, lol. And for sucky camera phone pics, but I didn't have batteries for my digital cam.

ETA: Update pics after wash here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=11244990#post11244990

Attachments

• Back After BKT.jpg
    Back After BKT.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 594
  • BKT.jpg
    BKT.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 564
  • Side BKT.jpg
    Side BKT.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 883
  • Front After BKT.jpg
    Front After BKT.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 611
  • Before BKT.jpg
    Before BKT.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Wow that's some major shrinkage! My WSL hair shrinks up to my ears sometimes too LOL

Your hair looks beautiful, you did a great job! BTW I love taking "office bathroom" pictures too LOL

Wow that's some major shrinkage! My WSL hair shrinks up to my ears sometimes too LOL

Your hair looks beautiful, you did a great job! BTW I love taking "office bathroom" pictures too LOL

And that was before I washed it, so it shrinks up even more than that!

Our bathroom is so big and no one is ever in it...I couldn't resist! lol

It looks good! Now i want to try bkt.thanks..lol
No but it's lovely Winnetag.

ETA: i would like to try but can't afford to right now and i'd be nervous.

Last edited:
OMG Winnetag, you BKT'd! I ran into this thread when I saw your screen name. You hair looks beautiful; you did a GREAT job!!!

It looks good! Now i want to try bkt.thanks..lol
No but it's lovely Winnetag.

ETA: i would like to try but can't afford to right now and i'd be nervous.

You can find really good deals on ebay! They have sets of bkt with the clarifying poo for around $45, some even have free shipping. Shoot, I was nervous too, but I needed manageability and less SSK's in my life.

This looks great! I love how shrinkage works like magic lol

Did you do a test spot before you applied it to all your hair?

Also, I forgot to add, when it comes to protective styling...you are one of the ladies I truly look up to. You have done a great job with your hair, it's beautiful. I'd like to be where you are someday...

OMG Winnetag, you BKT'd! I ran into this thread when I saw your screen name. You hair looks beautiful; you did a GREAT job!!!

Also, I forgot to add, when it comes to protective styling...you are one of the ladies I truly look up to. You have done a great job with your hair, it's beautiful. I'd like to be where you are someday...

You're making me blush! :blush:

I have friends I've known for over 4 years that are just now seeing my real hair and now everyone thinks I should wear it down all the time. :nono:
I was like, the only reason I have hair is because I don't wear it down! They don't get it, lol.
I think I'm going to wig it up again starting this weekend.

You will definitely get to this and beyond someday. You're doing a great job with your hair too! You are very dedicated. :yep:

I finally BKT'd on Saturday!
I was scared I would suffer a major setback but it came out nicely and it's soft and there's no breakage in sight.
I am due for a major trim though.
I used Aveda Detoxifier for the poo and QOD Gold.
I DC'd overnight, put my hair in 10 braids, clarified 3 times (I took out my braids the night before, so my hair was a little dirtier than usual), towel dried and applied the product on each section with an applicator brush.
I blowdried with my comb attachment, then flat ironed on setting 8.5 with my maxiglide.
I've been using coconut oil on it because it had too much "swang" and was flying all over the place, but every morning I wake up the oil has been sucked up by my hair or the pillow and I still have swang left.
It starts out straighter in the AM when I take down the wrap, but gets a little frizzier as the day wears on.
Here are the pics, but I do need a 4-5 inch trim because you can't even see the wispy ends that are grazing WL :sad:

ETA: I apologize for wearing a black shirt, lol. And for sucky camera phone pics, but I didn't have batteries for my digital cam.

Looks great! How do you like the Aveda Detox shampoo?

omg it came out so nice :O Very long and full looking

I really want to try this but my apartment is really poorly ventilated and I'm afraid of the fumes.

we're phone twins :)

Looks great! How do you like the Aveda Detox shampoo?

I love it! I'm very sad it was discontinued. I have 1 full bottle left.

omg it came out so nice :O Very long and full looking

I really want to try this but my apartment is really poorly ventilated and I'm afraid of the fumes.

we're phone twins :)

Yea, you do need good ventilation. Maybe you can do it at someone else's house?

I love my lotus!

Back