Alright, I did my BKT.........but

I want to do this but I'm skurd. My hair is just growing back from several diasaters in a row. My hair is still thin and I have some areas with new growth from being shiney bald 6 months ago. Are there any people who shouldnt use BKT? Is there one brand that is better or milder than the others?

I want to do this but I'm skurd. My hair is just growing back from several diasaters in a row. My hair is still thin and I have some areas with new growth from being shiney bald 6 months ago. Are there any people who shouldnt use BKT? Is there one brand that is better or milder than the others?
I heard from Pinkskates that the QOD Gold was supposed to be the best; it is high quality with so little formaldehyde that the company doesn't even have to list the form. by Federal Guidlelines. It is formulated so that less goes a longer way, which was why I could use 2 oz. over my entire head.

Is your hair natural? Is it relaxed? This will really show you how long the result will last....mine is not as silky bone straight as it was but I still dries faster, and straightens out faster on its own after a wash. It is lasting a long while. I don't expect the same to happen witih the roots. If you want super straight hair , this is the way for you. But I haven't had it long enough to see what happens when it is completley out.

I thought after the three days of swimming in sodium chloride ocean that it would all be out of my hair, but it wasn't.

Mini update:

Well, I had a relaxer some weeks ago (maybe a month?) and the BKT didn't come out, as I had posted about in another thread.

The BKT is still holding strong.

The benefit is that the hair will eventually straighten back out silky no matter what I do. Braid out? Silky straight with enough brushing/days out of braid out. Bed head? Fixed with some water and a brushing through.

And I seem to be keeping most of my growth....she cut 1-2 inches in some places and that made me sick - but my hair is still longer than what it was.

I'm not reapplying, but this is interesting.

I still miss my waves, but the new growth is properly texlaxed (I guess that's what you all call it, :lol: ). The BKT DID fall out of that portion of the hair.

Back