Alright, I did my BKT.........but

Winter your hair is GORGEOUS and silky!:yep: You did a great job! The decrease in styling time has me sold on BKT. I just did my first post bkt wash n go and I'm loving my shortened styling time and my curls are more defined and elongated.

The pictures look great ! I am glad you liked it after the first wash. I used the Global Keratin 2% and I so love my hair ! I don't have nearly the shedding I used to and my hair is so easy to care for and style.

BTW, I use the Babyliss gold flat iron. It works really well.

That was so funny!! Your hair is beautiful :drool:

I have the same challenge as you, wavy roots! LOL

It's amazing how fast it dries isn't it?

Thanks AtlantaJJ and Ruchita, and YES it dries so fast!

If there are no negative side effects later down the line, than this is the answer I've been looking for, and at a reasonably affordable rate. :yep:

Your treatment came out nice!!!! I am so glad that there are more people who are happy with their results........

Okay ladies...I have changed my tune :yep:.

The first wash did it for me!!

Let me tell you, it was downright WEIRD to not have ANY waves in my hair while it was was. I shampooed first with that Loreal color protectant shampoo (no salts no sulfates) but I missed the smell/detangling properties of my Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo (so sodium chloride). So I shampooed again lightly with that. The BKT had been in about a week yesterday.

I conditioned with Keracare Humecto. My hair felt luxurious....my hair felt like the first wash after a relaxer and flat iron job.

I towel dried, applied a leave in (Lacio Lacio with mink oil) and then some Chi serum. I didn't use the Sabino this time because I wanted to see what would happen without it.

I started to comb out my hair BEFORE I put the leave ins, and let me tell you, the hair started to dry straight. I applied the leave ins and began to comb out in front of a fan....it was truly remarkable to sit and see the hair begin to dry straight and silky as if that comb were the flat iron. It aint' nachrul, I tells ya :lol:

To hurry it up I got my blow dryer, and blew it out in a haphazard fashion for about five minutes. The results, I wish I had a picture of. The hair was straight, silky, and had body. I just didnt' have turned under ends. It reminded me of unstyled weave hair in bag.

I got the flat iron out, and at 350 went and ironed the whole head, large chunks, in about 15 minutes, turning the ends. All the flat iron did was spin the hair even finer, if that makes sense. I would have had even more body if I had left it after the blow out. But now my hair is returned to "just after relaxer" results within 20 minutes.

My usual time for a wash, condition, detangle, blow dry and flat iron? About 2-2.5 hours.

This took me about 30-40 minutes. Most of that time was flat ironing which could be totally cut out.

I am very impressed with this treatment. My only complaint is the roots, while they are silky they waved back up, probably because I wasn't able to keep my head from sweating. This is something to think about later when i think of transitioning.

Here are some pics - they aren't very remarkable due to quality but I tried.

tryingtoshowmovement.jpg

sideviewz.jpg

scalpbkt.jpg

lenghtshot.jpg

closeupf.jpg

anothersideview.jpg

anotherbktpic.jpg

Whoa, momma! Your hair looks absolutely fabulous! I knew it would get better with time! Now tell us again, what were you complaining about? :drunk:

Glad to see you're happy now!

Man I want to try this sooo bad! Silky hair in 30 minutes and minimal heat??? I'm sold.

Now that is some awesome looking hair:yep::yep::yep: You definitely have skills!

Thanks for the pics, and please, keep us posted on how your hair progresses.

Now that is some awesome looking hair:yep::yep::yep: You definitely have skills!

Thanks for the pics, and please, keep us posted on how your hair progresses.
Thanks sweetie, but it's not so much skills as it is that relaxer to start with. I would love to be natural with this result :yep:.

So this would probably work well on a tex lax head of hair....

I just finished a tex retouch and now I want to do this for sure.

How long after a fresh relaxer can you do this BKT?

So this would probably work well on a tex lax head of hair....

I just finished a tex retouch and now I want to do this for sure.

How long after a fresh relaxer can you do this BKT?
Immediatley after. I waited three or four weeks, wish I had done it sooner.

great results!!! I'm sold. I am doing my next BKT on my own with my maxiglide MP.

Okay ladies...I have changed my tune :yep:.

The first wash did it for me!!

Let me tell you, it was downright WEIRD to not have ANY waves in my hair while it was was. I shampooed first with that Loreal color protectant shampoo (no salts no sulfates) but I missed the smell/detangling properties of my Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo (so sodium chloride). So I shampooed again lightly with that. The BKT had been in about a week yesterday.

I conditioned with Keracare Humecto. My hair felt luxurious....my hair felt like the first wash after a relaxer and flat iron job.

I towel dried, applied a leave in (Lacio Lacio with mink oil) and then some Chi serum. I didn't use the Sabino this time because I wanted to see what would happen without it.

I started to comb out my hair BEFORE I put the leave ins, and let me tell you, the hair started to dry straight. I applied the leave ins and began to comb out in front of a fan....it was truly remarkable to sit and see the hair begin to dry straight and silky as if that comb were the flat iron. It aint' nachrul, I tells ya :lol:

To hurry it up I got my blow dryer, and blew it out in a haphazard fashion for about five minutes. The results, I wish I had a picture of. The hair was straight, silky, and had body. I just didnt' have turned under ends. It reminded me of unstyled weave hair in bag.

I got the flat iron out, and at 350 went and ironed the whole head, large chunks, in about 15 minutes, turning the ends. All the flat iron did was spin the hair even finer, if that makes sense. I would have had even more body if I had left it after the blow out. But now my hair is returned to "just after relaxer" results within 20 minutes.

My usual time for a wash, condition, detangle, blow dry and flat iron? About 2-2.5 hours.

This took me about 30-40 minutes. Most of that time was flat ironing which could be totally cut out.

I am very impressed with this treatment. My only complaint is the roots, while they are silky they waved back up, probably because I wasn't able to keep my head from sweating. This is something to think about later when i think of transitioning.

Here are some pics - they aren't very remarkable due to quality but I tried.

tryingtoshowmovement.jpg

sideviewz.jpg

scalpbkt.jpg

lenghtshot.jpg

closeupf.jpg

anothersideview.jpg

anotherbktpic.jpg

Thanks guys.

I got mine from ebay.

My hair is still going strong!

I kind miss my curlies after a wash, though.

I need to try a braid out to see how that will work.

I am concerned about the natural flaking off of the product. My hands were coated with the stuff because I used them to apply. Well, only just last week maybe three weeks after application, the coating on my palms flaked off.

I thought my palms were very dry at first then recalled the BKT application. My palms look fine now. This is something for you all to consider; three weeks and the skin on my hands did not flake after being washed in harsh soaps over 5 times a day Just an observation.

yeah i think i'm going to use my maxiglide for my next treatment because i didn't like my flat iron result. maxiglide is the only flat iron that gets my hair pretty much straight like i like it going from an air dry or blow dried state.

Thanks guys.

I got mine from ebay.

My hair is still going strong!

I kind miss my curlies after a wash, though.

I need to try a braid out to see how that will work.

I am concerned about the natural flaking off of the product. My hands were coated with the stuff because I used them to apply. Well, only just last week maybe three weeks after application, the coating on my palms flaked off.

I thought my palms were very dry at first then recalled the BKT application. My palms look fine now. This is something for you all to consider; three weeks and the skin on my hands did not flake after being washed in harsh soaps over 5 times a day Just an observation.

I was watching some vids that state to apply the BKT with gloves if possible. Just a thought.

I need to update my thread.

Two weeks ago I went to the beach, was in the ocean for about 3-4 hours for three days running.

At first I tried to keep my hair from getting wet but that hurt my neck so I just said "bump it" and let it do what it do. I was sure to wash and condition with Keracare hydrating shampoo and Humecto after each swim, but sometimes not for hours after.

Afterward, I did feel a lessening in the silken-ness, but my hair still stays straight as it's wet, with very, very little wave apparent.

I add Sabino Moisture Block when it's wet now, put in a pony to air dry. The waves left from the braid are silky but dissipate after a day or two, with simple combing or light brushing.

My roots are thick up there; perhaps I have an inch to an inch and a half.

I really enjoy being able to "mess up" my hair and being able to fix it by simply lightly wetting it with water and combing/brushing out. Like, if I slept with no scarf before, my hair would look crazy in the morning, the sides would be all raggedy and poofy. There would be crinks and crimps. But now all I have to do is brush it back smooth while damp and as soon as it dries it looks fresh....that to me is amazing.

I'm sorry to have to use this comparison but putting the BKT on my hair has left it the closest I could imagine to having white girl hair, a white girl with stick straight hair. Just being honest.

Back