I dare you to take this STINKY challenge!!

Happylocks, to answer you're next question, I have never been a very tall girl, but at the time I was about
5'1, 5'2- ish, and I still am.
smirk.gif
. As well, Yes, it was summer time.
But my question to you is
Where to you get Glovers from?

Oh Yeah,

Happylocks, I probably gained a good 4 and 3/4 inches.
I never really liked Frenchee, but my cousin Sharonda got tremendous growth from it as well, and that's what got me turned on to it. Mind you, this girl's hair had never been longer than mine until she used it (Frenchee).

To the DC/MD people.. I saw Glovers at a store in Gaitherburg near Chili's and at the hair supply store in Arundel Mills mall.

Is Glover's Shampoo or oil?

I know someone listed the ingredients of Frenchee but from that list I don't see any ingredient that stimulates growth...does it contain sulfur or tar? I didn't see that listed in the ingredients.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any ingredient that stimulates growth...does it contain sulfur or tar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered about this, too. It isn't listed on the ingredient list, but it definitely smells like it has other things in it. The smell reminds me of Glover's and/or BB Pine Tar.
smile.gif

It does have other ingredients, your hypothesis' are correct. The company that makes Frenchee failed to list all of the ingredients, which I don't think they did by mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
Reginia said:
To the DC/MD people.. I saw Glovers at a store in Gaitherburg near Chili's and at the hair supply store in Arundel Mills mall.

Is Glover's Shampoo or oil?

[/ QUOTE ]

Glover's has a whole line of products but the Glover's that we are talking about is an oil like product. The instructions say to wash out but I just leave it on.

[ QUOTE ]
quitestorm22 said:
I am down with whateve is gonna make my hair grow and fast.lol

[/ QUOTE ] Me too. but i have a feeling this is going to be a very diffucult product to find
ohwell.gif

Count me in, i'm interested. I remember using the Glovers Mane Medicine when i was a teenager and i use to go and get my hair professionally pressed, and i remember my hairdresser asking me what I was doing to my hair. She said it had a nice sheen to it. I have already ordered pine tar shampoo from vitaminshoppe but i cannot find Frenchee super gro hairdressing. Can i use BB Pine tar super gro instead? When i was searching the web for Frenchee, i found a Spanish super gro at texasbeautysupply.com. Anyone ever hear of it? I was going to put my hair back in braids sometime this month, but i've decided to take this challenge. I will wash my hair twice a week with the pine tar shampoo and do my normal regime, but this time i will be adding pine tar hairdressing to my scalp. Hopefully i will get some good results.

im already using the SULPHER 8(yellow) and my hair dont stink(past me....so i think no1 else can smell it) and my hair is growing. I'm in braids right now so im not using it as much but it does work.

WHERE can we buy this from? I went to some BSS asking for it and they were looking at me like I was crazy.lol I am really interested in purchasing it. I live in Brooklyn is there a spot over here? Thank you

You may have to look at several Beauty Shops if you can't find it. Someone is bound to have it. I use to take the Glover's mane (black liquid) and mix it with either spanish super grow or B&B Super grow. I don't know if it made my hair grow or not. My hair is almost bra strap. Everyone is right, Yes it stanks!!!!!!.

I use to put it on my hair the night before, and I would wash my hair the next morning. I work with a lot of guys and I wouldn't dare wear that stuff around them in the work place.

hentag

I have a coworker that uses this mixed with Ultra Sheens Green colored grease. She mixes half of each. You can only smell the Glover if you put your nose extremely close to her scalp. Also, one of my friends uses it as a conditioner under the dryer, then rinses it out and styles her hair. It leaves only a faint smell. After using this, both don't have any scalp problems and it relaxes their natural hair. Makes it look & feel softer.

I want to join! But i might have to wait until I can budget more hair stuff in
ohwell.gif

I guess I could pick up the Sulphur 8 if I see it somewhere...
Anyway, can't wait til you guys post your results!

I really dont know where someone would pick up frenchees, sometimes its hard to find here, I dont know every eles starting date, but I belive mine was on the 15, so far I have not notice or seen any extra growth,
ohwell.gif
its worth a try

Hi happylocks, don't get discouraged so quickly, today is only the 22nd of February, so you've only been on it for 7 days if you started on the 15th. It is not a MIRACLE growth aide product. A wise beautician told me that dogmane aka Frenchee, stimulates your scalp so that the hair can grow at the rate it is supposed to. A friend of mine has 4a/b type hair and she used it before, and she said her new growth came in thicker. As well, others may notice your hair growth before you do, because when I used it in middle school, this guy named Cedric kept going on about how long my hair had gotten over the summer, and I didn't notice the hair growth as much as he did, until I got it flat ironed.

Oh yeah, if you are persisitent on the STINKY challenge, and don't throw in the towel, I'm definite that you will reap the benefits. And don't forget some people's hair may grow faster than other's. If you don't see results right away, please don't get discouraged, it may take some a lil' more time than others becuase not everyone has the same hair growth rate. To reiterate what the wise beautician told me, dogmane aka Frenchee stimulates hair to grow at the rate which it is supposed to.

side note: I AM A LIVING WITNESS OF FRENCHEE, I HAVE SEEN WHAT IT CAN DO! I HAVE SEEN SHOULDER LENGTH HAIR BECOME MID-BACK HAIR FROM THE USE OF THIS STUFF. NO ONE CAN TELL ME THIS STUFF DOESN'T WORK, I WON'T BELIEVE IT!

Has anyone ever tried to dilute or cover up the smell by mixing in some scented essential or fragrance oil? Would that work?

You read my mind Cindy70......I would love to try this challenge but I too work with all men.....would essential oils mask the odor?

When I was much younger, my mother would mix Glover's with Sulfur 8 and/or Dax vegetable oil grease! My hair was always down my back until I got older and got away from that stuff. Maybe I should try it again...

[ QUOTE ]
wingtoe said:
Hi happylocks, don't get discouraged so quickly, today is only the 22nd of February, so you've only been on it for 7 days if you started on the 15th. It is not a MIRACLE growth aide product. A wise beautician told me that dogmane aka Frenchee, stimulates your scalp so that the hair can grow at the rate it is supposed to. A friend of mine has 4a/b type hair and she used it before, and she said her new growth came in thicker. As well, others may notice your hair growth before you do, because when I used it in middle school, this guy named Cedric kept going on about how long my hair had gotten over the summer, and I didn't notice the hair growth as much as he did, until I got it flat ironed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wing thanks soo much, I dont plan to give up, but I hope my growth rate is good, cause I really really need it, I am using it every for 3 days then washing, I do CW,mixed with little DrB peppermint soap,- All I do is comb it throught my hair, then braid my hair up, I apply it when it is still wet or half dry, and I only apply once every 3 days, I think about adding it more
ohwell.gif
, Wing can u plz give me your Regime for Frenchee, and would applying heat, from a plastic cap help, because its not summer time, any advice plz thanks
drunk.gif

do you guys wash the glovers out like they suggest or just leave it in? do you think its harmful to leave it in?

Back