I cut 8+ inches off my hair this morning!!! Pics inside

onejamifan

Sorry these pictures are so darn large but I have no idea why I can't just upload pics from my computer! If anyone knows, please give me a hand so I can fix this thread! Thx!!

After much deliberation, I decided to cut my hair! I had been pondering for a while, but was not sure what to do. I cut off about 2 inches in July, and decided to go for it this morning. This morning my hair was dripping wet after a particularly arduous cardio work out. I started detangling and just got fed up, so I put a pony tail on both sides of my hair and cut my right side. It did not come out too even, so I had DH cut both sides and even it out! I took pictures of the hair after it was cut and measured the first pony tail for reference. I also took a (bad) picture of my hair before I jumped into the shower to wash it off. There is a picture of my wet hair before I put the rollers in. Right now I am wearing my rollers and will be posting a final picture once I flat iron. Washing, detangling and roller setting my hair at this length was a breeze!!!! I start school full-time tomorrow and am trying to lose those last baby pounds, so I don't really have time to deal with really long hair any more.

2mfx8ix.jpg

2llg5ma.jpg

dnyank.jpg

dlkspe.jpg

ETA: Hair after roller setting and brushing out. Little bit of flat ironing.

2zhle9f.jpg

I clipped a little more just to even out the flyaways :)

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol sorry I just had to get that out. lol I understand what you mean though. This is exactly why I'm not messing with my hair it gets to be too much sometimes.

I see your baby in the pic like "Mommy what did you just do?" :lol: Your hair is so pretty and its crazzzzzy thick and blunt now! :love: Good job. It will grow back in no time.

It's so gorgeously thick and blunt. It looks good. I'm not even tripping that you cut off your hair because I know you can grow it back. Good luck on loosing the baby weight I was working on that too earlier in the year. But your hair looks great no matter the length.

My little one said, "Oh, no!!" when she saw all the hair on the floor and my 7 year old said, "That's a lot of hair!" So yeah, they were pretty surprised :)

I don't think I am going to try to grow my hair uber long again. At least not for the next couple of years. I know my mother will have a heart attack when she sees me around the holidays, but it should be a little longer by then. I posted it as my status update on facebook and my brother was like, "WHAT???"...

It looks beautiful. Still a great length, looks about full APL which is fabulous in my book. Also, your dh has skills, he did a really good job.

I think the cut looks really good! Thick, blunt and very even, you and your husband did a really nice job!

LoL ooooh even the cut hair looks so good!!! No splits or anything!

It's lovely and I'm sure it'll grow right on back!

I'm sorry I'm still in shock because that hair on the floor looks so healthy to me. WOW that's a lot of hair. Well, I guess if your hair grows back fast than there's no worries. But your previous length was beautiful.

School is really important I'm sure you did what was right for you!

Your DH did a great job evening you up! And it looks healthy no matter the length! That baby in the first pic is adorable!!! :D

Awww look at that cute little baby on the right, she's adorable.

I think your cut looks gorgeous. Healthy, thick, and even. No matter what length you grow it out to you're doing a great job on your hair.

It's flourishing! Excellent work!

Baby weight? Are you kidding:lachen: Well, I feel you for the haircut honey, I cut 2 inches this morning and am still debating whether or not I should cut more... there must be something in the air... MBL was the ideal length for me :look:

I hate that you lost so much length, but I LOVE how thick and full you hair looks now! :notworthy

I'm a sucker for thick hair and ends that look full. :drool:

Your hair is ridiculously thick - as long as you're happy that's the most important thing. I've already decided that MBL is about as much as I think I can handle so I understand.

Your baby is gorgeous! :love:

Baby weight? Are you kidding:lachen: Well, I feel you for the haircut honey, I cut 2 inches this morning and am still debating whether or not I should cut more... there must be something in the air... MBL was the ideal length for me :look:

I have about 10 lbs to go before I can fit into my pre-motherhood clothes (I'm still holding on to some old school pants in hopes they will fit ;) Don't cut any more today MAMATO. Give your self a few weeks and then revisit the cutting idea. I have been mulling it over for a long time, and today just seemed like the right day with classes starting tomorrow and all.

OT: (is that your daughter) she's soo cutee!! :love:

On topic :grin: : Your ends look great! I love it!

Yes, that's my youngest :)

Back