Got My Hair Pressed! Pics Inside.....

Your hair is beautiful! I've been wanting to press mine too, but I'm too scared.

btw your nephew is tooooo cute.

Beautiful pressing results & I love the thickness of your twists. Your nephew is so handsome! I see the family resemblance.

Thank you all so much for the beautiful words! I'm sure my nephew would like to give all of you a nice kiss. :kiss:

I've been turning heads like crazy the past couple days. My own co-workers didn't recognize me at first. Some have even said that I look grown now. I guess my twists contributed to me looking like a teenager though I'm 25. :ohwell: Oh well - Looking young is a good thing that I hope continues as I age! :yep:

To answer some of your questions - I shampoo every few weeks with Tresemme Vitamin E Moisturizing Shampoo and condition with Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner. As my hair gets longer, I predict having to shampoo, condition, and detangle more often. Though I've been slacking, I still use my Mega-Tek mix as a growth aid.

I will wear my hair pressed for a few weeks and then go back to my natural tresses. I will be pressing my hair in late March of next year for my friend's wedding (she requested bridesmaids wear their hair long and out if possible). After that, I probably won't be pressing again or at least a year.

You all are so sweet and I really appreciate the love!

I will wear my hair pressed for a few weeks and then go back to my natural tresses. I will be pressing my hair in late March of next year for my friend's wedding (she requested bridesmaids wear their hair long and out if possible). After that, I probably won't be pressing again or at least a year.

Except for the bridesmaid thing, that is my exact situation. Pressing only 1-2x a year, and keeping it just as looooooong as I can when I do (usually 2 weeks minimum, sometimes 3).

Your hair is so beautiful, EbonyEyes...You are beautiful in Spirit, too. {{BIG HUG}} Question - Are you still using Megatek? Do you give it credit for your beautiful mane?

Absolutely beautiful! Your nephew is so cute! I love the B&W pic in the background too.

Thanks hun! The B&W pic is a portrait of my late maternal grandmother. She was beautiful and as my mother gets older, she looks more and more like her. :cry3:

Your hair is so beautiful, EbonyEyes...You are beautiful in Spirit, too. {{BIG HUG}} Question - Are you still using Megatek? Do you give it credit for your beautiful mane?

Hey darling! I still use MegaTek but I've been slacking off. I'm trying to stay consistent with using it at least twice a week. I'm a believer that it contributed greatly to my hair growing at the rate it has the past year.

Back