I CHOPPED it off....

Faith

I have a mix of emotions right now. I chopped my past bra strap "transitioning" hair up to just past my shoulders. I went from about 25" to 19-20" (from hairline back).

I feel good because the thinner relaxed ends are gone and the roots are SUPER THICK and looks VERY healthy. I already have almost 3" of hair after 25 weeks transitioning (for me that's GREAT...lol).

On the other hand it's like "WTH have I done again? All my hair is gone."

I know by August 2006 I'll probably be back at brastrap but it's kind of tough doing this AGAIN. You would think I would have learned having done the BC back in '99. At least I kept some length this time. To never go back to relaxing again I'll keep the pics as a reminder when I start romanticizing relaxers again...lol.

Pics are coming in about 10 minutes :)

Here goes:

From a little longer than this:
1.jpg
and this...
a51ddf6d.jpg

to this....

DCP_1002.jpg
DCP_1003.jpg
eeek :lol:

Last edited:
I went through this last monday. Its good to see u have a good attitude about it. I'm just getting to the point a week later where I can be like "it will grow back to bsl soon" Last week u woulda thought I cut it to earlength or something the way I was acting.

Thanks ladies.

I uploaded the pics. At this point I have about 3" natural and 7" texturized. I already have major shrinkage as you can tell. My hair is past my shoulders but when I released it was well above it. Gotta love it :lol:

(Don't mind the background. The room I'm in is not my bedroom in case you were all wondering :lol: )

Miss Fallon, do you have pics? I haven' t been online all week so I may have missed your post.

Last edited:
Congrats on your progress. And you still got A LOT of hair! ;)

Your patience will continue to reward you as you reach your hair goals.

Thanks ladies :kiss:

RelaxerRehab, my sister said something similar... "You still have a lot more hair than I do so..." . Which I interpreted as basically "so keep quiet". :lol:

Cheleigh, it was already easier to comb, that was nice. :)

EMJazzy, I'll take both..but more the former though ;)

I'm not worried because I know I can get back to waist length (I proved to myself it could be done) if I want BUT I'm not sure that's the length I like. I loved just below bra strap and will aim for that. Which is about 25" from hairline back, so I need 5". I think by next December for sure (with trims, etc.) I'll be there.

Last edited:
Faith said:
Thanks ladies.

I uploaded the pics. At this point I have about 3" natural and 7" texturized. I already have major shrinkage as you can tell. My hair is past my shoulders but when I released it was well above it. Gotta love it :lol:

(Don't mind the background. The room I'm in is not my bedroom is cause you were all wondering :lol: )

Miss Fallon, do you have pics? I haven' t been online all week so I may have missed your post.

I have pics in my fotki. They are in the November album

you have more hair than I did when I mini-chopped :D

You have lovely hair! It'll be back in no time.

OT: Am I remembering correctly? Did you have really long natural hair 3 or so years ago? Was that you?

Last edited:
Congrats on the mini chop! I know it's tough but getting use to the length is a part of transitioning (it was for me). When I chopped I didn't know what to do with myself, that was the shortest my hair had ever been so I did the same thing by chopping 3-4 inches about halfway through to get a feel for shorter hair.

Stay strong, the best is yet to come:D

Congrats! :cool: I've been there and I know you will get through this. All it takes is a little patience. Just try to enjoy every length stage. Your hair will grow and grow and before you know it, you'll be back where you were before your cut! Hang in there! :up:

Congratulatons Faith, you are courageous! Time flies so quickly and before we all know it, you'll be sharing some great, new comparison length shots!:)

Whoa, your hair is still a nice length though. Congrats on your BC. You can do alot with the lenth of hair you have. When I cute mine it was an inch maybe less. Enjoy your natural hair journey, I just love being natural!!!

ThursdayGirl said:
you have more hair than I did when I mini-chopped :D

You have lovely hair! It'll be back in no time.

OT: Am I remembering correctly? Did you have really long natural hair 3 or so years ago? Was that you?

I think that was me...lol. 2004 natural pic below...
Natural2003.jpg

Thanks ladies :)

Peach, That's how I took it too. "No turning back". It's now a commitment. :) How've you been girl? :)

Carlie, I can't believe how much hair you've gotten. Your hair grows fast...

Isis, I love your hair...what is your regimen? Is it posted anywhere?

Last edited:
Back