I CANT WASH MY HAIR ANYMORE....

Here's a pic of the conditioner left over in my sink.000_0071[1].jpg It's very viscous and does not rinse off easily. I can see how this would adhere to the inside of the pipes and cause slow draining/clogging.

I usually use thick conditioners like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or Hairveda Sitrinillah, mixed with honey, castor oil, coconut oil and/or msm.

Here's a pic of the conditioner left over in my sink.View attachment 66344 It's very viscous and does not rinse off easily. I can see how this would adhere to the inside of the pipes and cause slow draining/clogging.

I usually use thick conditioners like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or Hairveda Sitrinillah, mixed with honey, castor oil, coconut oil and/or msm.

yup. looks just like that.:yep:

I agree with a previous poster. If conditioner is clogging your drain, imagine what it's doing to your much smaller pores. Might be time to switch.

For those of you whose drain gets clogged with hair, get a hair catcher. I always wash / condition my hair in the shower, and I would NEVER do so without my handy dandy hair catcher. They can even be purchased from a pet store.

Have you tried plunging?

Please don't use too much liquid plumber :(
Whatever you do, only do one or the other. You should not plunge after pouring chemicals down your drain, you can really mess up your pipes. It is written on most labels.

i hate washinh my hair in the shower too but it's for different reasons. My body always itches afterwards. I think my skin is sensitive to the conditioner/shampoo when rinsing off
Same with me, I thought I was the strange one. It is an insane itch like I have hundreds of bug bites.

I love the sink, LOL
I wash the sink out and rinse it well before I shampoo and use the hose that is on the side. :)

No conditioner issues yet! I hose it back down after the wash, I will use vinegar that you ladies suggest so I don't get any build up :D thanks

I can't fathom to part with my Coke Soda ;) LOL

I agree with a previous poster. If conditioner is clogging your drain, imagine what it's doing to your much smaller pores. Might be time to switch.

I don't think I can give it up. My hair is doing extremely well with these weekly deep conditions and I haven't had any related breakouts. Besides, its not just one specific conditioner that does this. Its the method in which I use it that is attributing to the build up. But like it said, my hair is flourishing. I can't give up the Relaxer Method or my creamy thick conditioner. So I guess I will be breaking my neck in the sink if these remedies don't work.

Happy to report maintenance has fixed the clog....but I'm still gonna rinse my conditioner in the kitchen sink from now on. :grin:

Back