I can't let it go!

VelvetRain

I can\'t let it go!

My curing iron is a serious problem. I can't stop using it. I must admit I use it every day just to bend my ends to give my hair a little shape. Anyone have any ideas to still get some curl to your hair by not using a curling iron? I set my hair several times a weeks on rollers after washing it, although I find in the morning I must still curl it a little. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I figured if I cut out the curling iron my hair wil be a lot stronger.

Re: I can\'t let it go!

sekret.gif
So, the truth comes out huh?
spank.gif
bad girl! Well, I would suggest magnetic rollers or light braiding at hte ends with setting lotion. Have you considered a ceramic curling iron? I hear ceramic is less damaging to the hair.

Actually are those better? I figured the curling iron is not in my hair for more than about 3 secs. I just don't let it sit there scorching my hair. Hate the smell of burnt greasy hair! I know cutting that curling iron out of my morning routine will not only save me time, but will keep some strength to my hair.

this is for u, Michelle:
whip.gif
spank.gif
naughty.gif

after rollersetting hair, u can pincurl hair. or you can wrap it LOOSELY. what about putting on magnetic rollers in the morning and taking a shower or bath *steam + rollers = bouncy curled hair.

hth
smile.gif
and hope to hear from you soon.

Well I don't think sleeping on rollers is a good idea. Light braiding with a small amount of setting lotion would be a better option IMHO. I think the worse part about what your doing is curling dirty hair. Rather, not freshly washed. Do you like the look of braid-outs or bantu sets? There are some great post about them if you do a bit of research. But if you insist on curling I say get the ceramic iron. Sometimes you gotta sacrfice style to protect the overall health of your hair.

Your hair looks great!!!

Have you tried applying maybe 2 or 3 rollers in the top of you hair and wrapping the rest around your head with a satin scarf? That way when you comb it out in the morning it will have some lift and curl at the top, but the rest will be nice and smooth will some natural bend.

Do you know how to wrap your hair? This maintains a slight bump for 1-2 weeks, depending on if you switch up the sides you wrap it on.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:

Have you tried applying maybe 2 or 3 rollers in the top of you hair and wrapping the rest around your head with a satin scarf? That way when you comb it out in the morning it will have some lift and curl at the top, but the rest will be nice and smooth will some natural bend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea. Thanks for the tip

[ QUOTE ]
michelle3147 said:
[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea. Thanks for the tip

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Welcome!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
Your hair looks great!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I do and I love it!
smile.gif

Michelle....have u thought about buying the Caruso Hairsetting Rollers? Since it's "steam" the rollers & heat are less damage on the hair. I'm going to invest in these rollers within the next couple of weeks or so. They'll run you about $30 @ Sallys.

I was just gettin gready to post this too about the Caruso rollers. There is actually no heat at all (the curlers are not heated), just steam which moisturizes your hair. And it's very quick too! Since you're just bumping your ends, that would only take about 2 minutes of having the rollers in your hair.

[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
Michelle....have u thought about buying the Caruso Hairsetting Rollers?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I haven't I will have to look for that system. That just may work! Thanks for that idea
smile.gif

Back