I Cant believe it!!!!!

Amarech

I have not flat ironed my hair in a month and I have absolutely no desire to do so!!!!!

I am a straightness junkie (if there is such a thing). I love straight hair!!! It was my only other hairstyle besides a bun (which was really an in between style). This braid out is addictive!!! I love how my hair looks and I love how easy it is to do. It takes me 2 hours to straighten my hair. I don't mind that but lately I haven't been feelin it. Once I decide to do my hair I'll do it but I have to get to the point where I really want to commit 2 hours to my hair. With the braid out, it takes me 2 minutes to make my hair look beautiful!!!

You can't beat that! Now that my hair is practically at shoulder length I guess its easier to do this braid out and it looks better than it would have at a shorter length. Either way, I don't see my self flat ironing anytime before my next perm (in about 3 weeks) and my SO has no complaints either. He really likes it when my hair is actually in the braids (that's my least favorite part).

This is a watershed moment. I have officially found a working style that

a) uses no heat

b) requires little manipulation

c) takes less than 10 min

Its the perfect hairstyle. I think my hair is officially at rest for a while. I should really reach my goals now!!!!:D YAY!!!

BTW: I'm comin with pics real soon. My SO and I are going to buy a camera so I can post my hairstyles and progress.

Congrats!!!! Good for you:yay:

I'm gonna try a braid out for my inbetween style once I take out my braids.....I'm also on that no heat moment:)

HAPPY FOR YOU I CANT WAIT TO TRY A BRAID OUT:) ITS NICE TO FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS FOR YOU AND THE SUMMMER COMING YOU GOING TO HAVE IT MADE:lol: :lol: CARE FREE HAIR LOL I AM IN BRAIDS NOW BUT WHEN I WAS OUT I HAD STOP USEING HEAT AND MY HAIR LOVE JUST A NO HEAT ROLLER SET

Last edited:
I'm glad that you found an easy style that you love, that's hard to come by :) Can't wait to see the pics! BTW, how many braids do you put in your hair?

Wow that sounds great, congrats!!!:) Im sure it looks beautiful as well.

How long do you leave the braids in?

BTW, how many braids do you put in your hair?

At first I was putting in 3 but I just decided to add two more in the front. Works better when I pull the front back.

How long do you leave the braids in?

I put them in at night before I go to bed. When i wake up I leave them in for a bit and then take them out, usually after I take a shower. My hair is either damp or wet when I put the braids in and slightly damp when I take them out. I got the best effect doing it that way.

AND THE SUMMMER COMING YOU GOING TO HAVE IT MADE CARE FREE HAIR LOL I
I know!!! That's the best part. I think I may stay away from heat all summer with this style!!!! I can't wait.

I love braidouts :)

i am natural but i usually put in 4 braids sleep in it and take them out the next day, its a nice style and keeps my hair from getting frizzy. post the pics

Taij said:
I have not flat ironed my hair in a month and I have absolutely no desire to do so!!!!!

I am a straightness junkie (if there is such a thing). I love straight hair!!! It was my only other hairstyle besides a bun (which was really an in between style). This braid out is addictive!!! I love how my hair looks and I love how easy it is to do. It takes me 2 hours to straighten my hair. I don't mind that but lately I haven't been feelin it. Once I decide to do my hair I'll do it but I have to get to the point where I really want to commit 2 hours to my hair. With the braid out, it takes me 2 minutes to make my hair look beautiful!!!

You can't beat that! Now that my hair is practically at shoulder length I guess its easier to do this braid out and it looks better than it would have at a shorter length. Either way, I don't see my self flat ironing anytime before my next perm (in about 3 weeks) and my SO has no complaints either. He really likes it when my hair is actually in the braids (that's my least favorite part).

This is a watershed moment. I have officially found a working style that

a) uses no heat

b) requires little manipulation

c) takes less than 10 min

Its the perfect hairstyle. I think my hair is officially at rest for a while. I should really reach my goals now!!!!:D YAY!!!

BTW: I'm comin with pics real soon. My SO and I are going to buy a camera so I can post my hairstyles and progress.

Co-signing,

It is the way to go. It's Freedom aint it?:p

:clap: Yay for you girlie! I know what you mean because I've been the same way since October...I need to do length updates in my fotki, but I've gotten to lazy to bother with straightening my hair. :lol:

Braidouts are wonderful! :up:

It's Freedom aint it?

Yes it is, yes it is. I'm just trippin because I'm not used to not "doing" my hair. I'm not used to not wanting to do my hair. I'm not used to having my hair look really nice even though my hair is not "done" and I didn't want to "do" it!!!:p

I don't think it's sunk in just yet!!!!!

I love this.....y'all gon have to excuse a sista for a couple more weeks. I am in awe...

Divine Inspiration said:
:clap: Yay for you girlie! I know what you mean because I've been the same way since October...I need to do length updates in my fotki, but I've gotten to lazy to bother with straightening my hair. :lol:

Braidouts are wonderful! :up:

me too
2 months for me
once I reach bra strap stretched, I may never flat iron :grin:

Back