I can 'FEEL' it getting longer!!

seraphinelle

:lol: A watched kettle never boils (or takes longer, LOL) :lol:

But when did you start to realize your hair was no longer at that 'stuck' length.

I just did a co-wash on my self braids, and for the first time (in a while) I could feel the back of my hair on my upper back.

For the first time I was worried about the conditioner dripping onto my clothes.

And for the first time, I actually have realized I need to def. keep my ends tucked in.

I'm not at full shoulder length (yet) because of the way I had cut my natural hair (it was all one length, so that the afro looked even, so the back would get to SL first)

But for once my hair is going somewhere.

AND... I'm 12 weeks post relaxer!! I've NEVER gone this long without a relaxer. :eek:

When could you FEEL your hair growing.

Maybe it took longer to braid, or to wash...

oh, that's so nice...I'm so happy for you...

the first time I noticed a piece of hair resting on my shoulder when I washed. Scared the mess out of me! For some reason I thought it was a bug or something...I just didn't think it was my hair...resting on my shoulder...it was the left shoulder, too:look:

hahaha i can agree
today i had myhair in a messy at the top of my head... i was driving and i felt a bug on my neck!

eeeek!
sike it was my hair from the bun reaching my neck!
ah!

a few days ago when I put my hair in a pony !) it all gathered in a pony and 2) it wasn't sticking straight out but folding down. :D

Thats exciting news...

for me...it was when i would sit back in my car and i would be pulling my hair back since it was back on my shoulder blade...

Great stuff ladies!!!
I'm on a self imposed HYH challenge, until I get to full shoulder length, but I'm just so happy that all this hard work is finally paying off... sheesh!!

What did you change about your routine as it got longer?

glad to hear your making progress.

i just started feeling my hair grow like 2 weeks ago. all of a sudden i could feel it on my skin. and i can use bigger rollers now. i havent change dup my routine though because it still isnt long. but i think once i get to shoulder length i wont be rollersetting anymore, ill have to find another way to airdry.

I guess my defining moment was when I could not longer comb my hair straight back in the shower, I had to reach back and bring my hair to the front to comb it all the way to the ends because my arms couldnt reach back that far.

I just realized my hair was growing today lol

Lately I've been thinking that it hasn't been growing much since I cut it in Feb. but I just put a pic in my fotki and was like wow it IS growing lol

Plus I can feel it rubbing against my skin again...ahhhhhh what a feeling!

Hmmm...

-when my hair felt really heavy on my head...I wore buns for a while last year then straightened and my hair was heavy and swinging

-when it started to cover my breasts

I could tell my hair was growing when I could pull all my hair into the ponytail holder for a high ponytail. Then I could fit it all in for a low ponytail. I couldn't do this after I cut off the relaxed ends. It felt goodto reach those landmarks b/c with natural hair it takes so long to see length sometime b/c of shrinkage. It's good to have tangible landmarks.

When I combed the hair straight down and I could not see the ends because they were hidden behind my shoulders :)

Back