I BRAIDED MY HAIR THIS WEEKEND!

ChoclatePrincess

It took me all day Saturday and most of Sunday, a total of 27 hours with breaks in between, to finish but I finally did it. I'm so proud of myself because I haven't braided my hair myself in about 13 years! I will post pictures later in the week!

Congrats!
weird.gif

You and me both.
smile.gif
Except I ain't finished down in the back.
sekret.gif

yeah I used to braid my hair but I dont think I got it tight enough bc it would look messed up in like a week or two....any secrets on getting the braids to stay in w/out slipping?

I dont know if Ill ever try it again(I HATE taking braids down with a passion...I have actually cried over it...lol)...but just in case I take a notion!

This may sound silly but braid it tighter. When I was younger I use to braid really really tight I guess that's why my hair can take someone else braiding it. When I do box braids/individuals I usally take them out day by day starting in the back and work my way up so by the weekend I can get the rest out at one time.

Yeah, I had to keep pushing up the braid and pushing it up since it would keep sliding down as I plaited. Fortunately, I have the type of hair that you leave open, so I didn't have to braid past 4 inches. I don't plan on doing anymore for a while either because it is hard work. I'll stick to my weaves.
laugh.gif
I can be done in one day with those.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I probably won't leave these in past 3 weeks, 4 weeks at the most.
ohwell.gif

When your hair is shorter you don't have to braid all the way down to the end. My suggestion to you guys when your braiding is to braid the hair (extenstions) in your hair not just wrap the hair (extensions) around your hair. I hope you understand that.

[ QUOTE ]
ChoclatePrincess said:
When your hair is shorter you don't have to braid all the way down to the end. My suggestion to you guys when your braiding is to braid the hair (extenstions) in your hair not just wrap the hair (extensions) around your hair. I hope you understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I gotcha, but I couldn't get away with that one since the hair I have is much lighter than the roots and it was the hard pre-braided hair kind.
laugh.gif
Now if I had some soft black hair, that probably woulda worked nicely.

I love experimentation.
bdance.gif

Back