I bought the CHI flat iron! Picture Comparison

Miosy

I went to the hair show today and I was sooo excited because I stayed within my budget but as I was leaving this man was flat ironing this white girl hair and he was talking about the patent ceramic technology...blah, blah, blah, but I said $100 bucks...no thanks.
Then he took the iron and left it on the lady's hair for about 30-40 sec. and said "I could leave it longer". I thought "Oh my Gosh, her hair will be stuck to it!" but he took it off and I touched the hair and it wasn't even hot
confused.gif

So, that caught my attention then I took a piece of my three textured hair (new growth, texturized, bone straight) and told him if he could get that staright with one shot I will buy it. So, to make a long story short my hair came out looking like if it was freshly relaxed, with shine and body
shocked.gif
SO, I bought it
smile.gif

Added the pictures in my album. I'm comparing Jilbere Ceramic Flat Iron with CHI orginal ceramic flat iron. Overall, I did see the differences in the quality of the two products. I did not have to use oils or heat protectant and got even better results. BUT I don't know how that guy did it but your hair does feel warm to hot but doesn't burn. I tried leaving the iron on some shed hairs for 30 secs on high for both iron and the hair did not get burn. CHI is worth the money
smile.gif

http://public.fotki.com/Miosy

Re: I bought the CHI flat iron!

I'm glad you like it. I have a CHI knock off that works pretty well, and if it ever breaks, I will definitely invest in a CHI. Let us know how well it works for you.

Wow, I'm glad that you liked it. I want to purchase one myself, but can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a flat iron. So you say that the hair wasn't even hot, huh???

No, it was a warm but not hot like most flat iron leave the hair feeling. 30-40secs. is a lot...I really thought her hair would be glued to it.

I don't regret it at all. The way the front looked after he flat iron really impressed me because I did not have anything on it accept WGO and some leave in when I washed my hair the day before. My hair was shiny and light looking.

I'm thinking of buying a gold and hot ceramic curling iron does anyone have one? do they like it?

Sorry to hijack but Im looking into this too
smile.gif

I just washed my hair and I will flat iron tomorrow and post comparison pics. I forgot the name of the brand I bought from Sally's for like $35. I will definitely show pictures when I'm finished.

[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:
I'm thinking of buying a gold and hot ceramic curling iron does anyone have one? do they like it?

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh NO!! Do not get an Gold and Hot!! Every person that I've heard of that's used it said it was crap!!

I have a CHI Turbo 2" and I love it! Get's my hair straight, full of shine and body. I'm glad you like it Miosy, welcome to the club, lol.

I also have the Chi Turbo but its a 1". I cannot produce the same results that the salons do. I hardly ever use it, I have used it probably only 2 times this year. I would love a crash course!

I like my Chi! I too was hesitate because of the cost but i find my hair is straighter and the effects last a longer time. p.s. my apt doesn't smell like burnt hair for two days

Miosy do tell us the brand you got from Sally's.
I recently purchased one from Revlon and I was impressed. The reviews I read prior to purchasing said that it performed great but stopped working after about 4 months of using 3 times a week. I don't plan to use mine but 8 times a year so I went ahead and bought it. I tested it on a couple locks of hair (with 3 months of newgrowth) and I was impressed. Don't have a CHI to compare it to, though.
Anyway, congrats on your new purchase, and can't wait to see the pics.
smile.gif

I bought the Chi Turbo Iron 2" also a couple of months ago and it works well. I've only used it one time though. The Chi iron is made by a company named Farouk. The same company that makes the Biosilk Hair products. I bought mine from the following site and had no problems with the item or shipping, etc... http://www.nocurls.com/chi_ironsall.asp

CHI=Ceramic Hair Iron

DSD-

Don't you use a Unil (if I'm wrong, forgive me)? If so, CHI and Unil used to be made by the same company (as far s what I was told). Either way, they're comparable (unless yours doesn't have a heat gauge) and they're both supposed to be one of the best. Just thought I would tell you in case you thought your iron was inferior to the CHI.

Wow, Miosy!!!
shocked.gif
Your hair is beautiful! Great pics.. So would you say that the CHI gets your hair straighter, shinier or both than the Jilbere?

wow! impressive! I've heard about the Chi for years but the price always scared me away, but I think your pics make me want to invest.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh NO!! Do not get an Gold and Hot!! Every person that I've heard of that's used it said it was crap!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I really like gold and hot items but maybe I wont bother this time
smile.gif

Re: I bought the CHI flat iron! Picture Comparison

Miosy--you know if I can't get my hair to look like yours when I flat iron that Ima run right out and get a CHI, right? I do have Farouk's Biosilk silk therapy that they recommend for flatironing, though. Hope that makes a difference.
Your hair looks fantastic and you can really tell the difference between the results from the CHI and the results from the Jilbere.

I have the 2" gold and hot ceramic.... the ceramic faded off the plates
mad.gif

Re: I bought the CHI flat iron! Picture Comparison

Dolce Dawn, Yes, I feel a major difference between CHI and Jilbere. My hair feels softer, bouncier, and shiner. It actually feels like I did a blow out. Jilbere left my hair feeling and looking a bit rough. I tried one small section with ion heat protectant and it felt a bit heavy so I think leaving my leave-in and oil while air drying gave me that layer of protection already (I mixed Neutrogena 3x Moisture cream leave in with WGO).

Back