I am Transitioning! Texturized to Natural

MissDarcei

Hey everyone, I'm still very new on the board so many of you may not know me. But I have a youtube channel (www.youtube.com/missdarcei <--- shameless plug :grin:) And thanks to my subscribers and of course all you natural ladies, I have decided to grow out my texturizer (which i have had since i was 12! I am almost 20 now) and go back to my natural hair.

I dont believe my natural hair is very different at all from my texturized hair from evidence of childhood pictures and a recent 8 month stretch(I couldnt even tell where my natural hair ended by looking at it!), but I am still very curious as to how my natural hair acts, feels, and looks with proper care. As a child I had no idea what to do with it and it was a HUGE bush all of the time when all I wanted was for it to look bouncy and curly like it did when it was wet.

Also, I plan to not BC and do a long term transition. I feel this would be right for me as I already have BSL hair and would die to part with it. I'd love any advice or encouragement from you as this is TOTALLY new to me! Thanks :)

but I am still very curious as to how my natural hair acts, feels, and looks with proper care.

Once you begin to learn things like this^^...you'll likely be very glad that you made the change. This decision can be a tough process, but some have less trouble than others. So, just continue to pay close attention, journal if you need to, and learn your hair needs. It took me a while to get it, but my hair is so much more manageable because of it. I wanted to give up at times and I'm so glad I didn't. Btw, your hair is already gorgeous, but what will it hurt to learn how your own natural hair is..nothing. I wish you well and there are good people here if you have any questions. So just ask.

Good luck to you! Your hair is already beautiful. Nina Pruitt on YouTube has good advice on long-term transitioning from long relaxed hair.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

Back