I am so nervous to date.

Sasha Fierce

I always complained that only whack guys would approach me and that it seemed I would never meet a decent guy.

So this weekend I meet this guy. And he is pretty cool. He is well educated, sensible, a few years older and approached me the way I think a man should approach a woman. I wasn't blown away by his looks (can't really remember what he looks like now anyway) and he is a little shorter than me.

But, so what? I figure I can at least go out with him. But I am so nervous just thinking about it. I talked to him on the phone last night and I was so nervous. He mentioned going out and I diverted the topic to something else :ohwell: I had one boyfriend in my life and that ended nearly 3 years ago. Since then it seems like I always blow guys off. I have not been on a date but have talked to guys since then. In all honesty the guys I blew off were for phone conversation only cause in reality I peeped they were up to no good :nono:

It seems easy to talk to the "player" cause their words are so easy and smooth reeling you in. But I have honestly never had a "decent" guy come at me. Now I'm at a loss.

I feel terrified thinking about going out with him (yeah I know that's weird). I feel like I don't know what to do. I always fall into easy laughter with the scumbags (sorry I know that's mean) but with this guy who nearly matches what I think I would like, I don't know what to do.

Help :perplexed

Awww Alek. It will be OK, girly, just don't let your nerves get the best of you. Relax. He's just a man. :lol:

I say this now :rolleyes: but I have definitely been in your shoes before... recently even.

Just take a few deep breaths and get to know the man. :yep:

Awww Alek. It will be OK, girly, just don't let your nerves get the best of you. Relax. He's just a man. :lol:

I say this now :rolleyes: but I have definitely been in your shoes before... recently even.

Just take a few deep breaths and get to know the man. :yep:

Thanks Sunshine! You are right. I will just chill out and get to know the guy. I will still be nervous but oh well. Thanks for your reply :)

Thanks Sunshine! You are right. I will just chill out and get to know the guy. I will still be nervous but oh well. Thanks for your reply :)

There you go!

And remember, sometimes you have to take a chance to make something great really happen for you! :)

Take your time. The best advice a girlfriend gave me was to "sit back, and relax and do nothing but be yourself." Let him show you who he really is. Do this, and know that you deserve to be with a decent man. :)

I totally understand where you're coming from. I had to STOP telling myself, "I'm not used to a nice guy: opening doors, chairs, manners, honesty, open and direct communication about any and all things.....," and start telling myself, "I deserve all of those things and more....."

You do too. :) (Hug).

Hey Alek... I know exactly how you feel. We are sooo used to being prepared to blow men off when they are up to no good. So as soon as a decent man comes along, we're still waiting for him to show his a$$.

The only thing I can say is to be open to spending time with him, but take it slowly. I was dissed (and hurt) by a man recently and now that I have met someone new I am afraid to accept what a great guy he is. But with time (taking it slowly) and him "reminding" me what a good guy he is and that I should give him a fair chance, things are going very well.

Take a deep breath and push through the nervousness and give him a chance. You may be VERY happy some day soon that you did!

Back