I am SERIOUSLY debating....((gasp))...

model_chick717

...going back to being fully relaxed. I am really getting frustrated with my texturized hair. I mean, yeah, it's wash-n-wear, but frankly, I'm tired of the BUSH. Plus, it's getting longer and instead of "hanging" properly--sometimes it bunches up at my shoulders. I'm really starting to miss relaxed hair--and all you relaxed ladies with your albums showcasing all of your progress, just make me want to relax even more. I miss my silky rollersets and rollerwraps and hair that "swings".......JUST VENTING..... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

The reasons you listed are the same reasons why I get a full relaxer. I get too much POOF when I was a little bounce.

You don't get the same results when you rollerset your hair? When I airdried straight or used heat, my texturized hair looked the same as someone who was fully relaxed. I just had the option of wearing a wash n go.

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
...going back to being fully relaxed. I am really getting frustrated with my texturized hair. I mean, yeah, it's wash-n-wear, but frankly, I'm tired of the BUSH. Plus, it's getting longer and instead of "hanging" properly--sometimes it bunches up at my shoulders. I'm really starting to miss relaxed hair--and all you relaxed ladies with your albums showcasing all of your progress, just make me want to relax even more. I miss my silky rollersets and rollerwraps and hair that "swings".......JUST VENTING..... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
We support your decision no matter what decision you make. BTW, your hair is very pretty.

that's what i was going to ask...
if ur hair is blown straight (rollerset, whatever) won't u have the same results as us fully relaxed chicks?

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
You don't get the same results when you rollerset your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]
A good roller set gets my hair nice and straight. I'm relaxed, but not relaxed bone straight. I have a whole lot of wave left in my hair.

NOOOOO Modelchick,
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side! I am fully relaxed and I wish EVERY day that i was texturized. I have to scrunch and apply million products for my hair to get waves!

PLUS You won't be able to wash n wear with a relaxer. For cute curls you have to WORK HARD for them via rollersets, twistouts, flexirods, and bantus.

People would give their right arm for your hair.. Give it some more thought please!

is there a way to texturize your hair more so that it is less curly and bunches up less, that way you can still have some texture but be able to flat iron straight like a relaxer? best of both worlds? even if you go back to a full relaxer you will be able to mimic texture with various straw roller sets etc.

good luck and happy continued growing either way /images/graemlins/clap.gif

MC, can you do like Den did? She relaxed the area again so that the curls would fall more. That way it's still curly but enough so that you can rollerset without problems, and still get pretty straight hair.

Noooooooooooooooo!

Don't do it. Try rollersetting and then going over it w/ a ceramic curling iron. This is what I do and I get my hair pretty silky straight. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was feeling the same way. But I think people would kill me if I relaxed my hair. I have come so far...5 years. When I see those relaxed albums it makes me wonder and hope too. But I like my natural hair..but the grass truly SEEMS to be greener on the otherside.

[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said:
is there a way to texturize your hair more so that it is less curly and bunches up less, that way you can still have some texture but be able to flat iron straight like a relaxer? best of both worlds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to suggest this very same thing. I did this once when I felt my texturized hair was too big and was successful - I was still able to wear my hair curly, yet when I wanted to wear my hair straight it was easier to straighten. I really like your texturized hair! It's so nice to have the options of wearing it curly or straight. I'm sure you hair would look great relaxed too, good luck with whatever you decide. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
that's what i was going to ask...
if ur hair is blown straight (rollerset, whatever) won't u have the same results as us fully relaxed chicks?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused too, b/c my hair acts relaxed under the right conditions and I think my curls aren't as relaxed as much as Models. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Model, try different styles first (rollerset, buns, wraps, etc). It looks as if you've made great progress being texturized. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ETA: I use a relaxer on my roots to straighten -- but not break -- the curl pattern. I leave it on less than 10 minutes and I <font color="red">love</font> /images/graemlins/love.gif the curls.

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
MC, can you do like Den did? She relaxed the area again so that the curls would fall more. That way it's still curly but enough so that you can rollerset without problems, and still get pretty straight hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on the corrective. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Thx for the luv and the suggestions, ladies. Yeah, I rollerset it sometimes--but they don't last as long as they use to. I think because my hair may be slightly underprocessed. I wouldn't even dare to try to wear it blown out...I'm sure my hair would poof up within a day of wear. Anyway, I'm still debating...not doing anything drastic YET. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm cosigning with considering w/ a corrective. A slightly looser curl might enable you to enjoy the best of both worlds.

just a thought but the bunching may be coming from the layers. that has been my experience. when i did wash n'wear it didn't fall right b/c of the layers.

maybe you should weigh out the pros and cons of texturized v. relaxed. either way i'm sure you're hair will look great!!

good luck keep us posted!!

I haven't read the whole thread but MC you have BEAUTIFUL hair that I wish I had. But I think what the ladies suggested about you blowing it straight or roller setting is that it won't last too long. What would that last 2 days tops? I FULLY understand your reason for wanting to relax. Its so hard to wear your hair straight for an extended period of time without a relaxer. My hair is relaxed and before the dreadful "VITALE" perm incident I could still wear my hair in a wash and go with the help of dream curls. It froze those curls right in place without making my hair hard. You have to work a little harder with relaxed hair to get the curly look but it is still DEFINITELY doable. So don't think if you relax your option of curly hair is gone too. That is not true. Whatever you decide GOOD LUCK!!!

I fully understand what you are saying, as a texturized person too it is har to get your hair straight yourself. From what you have said in the past you do your own hair so I understand your struggle. I think when you want to be straight you should find a good hairdresser or do like I am doing now and wear weaves. I think your hair is way to pretty to give up on.

i love your texturized hair! if u do decide to relax, you're hair will still be gorgeous! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I didn't realize this was such a struggle for textured heads. I guess I'll stop complaining. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thx again you guys--you make me feel a little bit better about my hair....I really think my hair photographs better than it really looks in real life. haha

@Tai---I called my self doing a corrective touch up--and it's better, but I think I just need a change.

@Huggett---Actually the bunching is because my hair when it's curly hits my shoulders--not really due to the layers. I basically just have to let it grow past this awkward length.

I don't know--maybe I'll do a sew-in weave or wear a quickweave just for variety and wait to see if I'm still feeling this way after a little time has passed. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
We support your decision no matter what decision you make. BTW, your hair is very pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur! /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

Back