I am loving these Tree Braids!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I went to a nice African lady and had my hair put in tree braids. Why did I ever stop wearing this style?

It took her 4 hours to complete and she put 2 rows of individuals in the back at no extra charge. The cost $120.00 plus $12.00 for the hair.

I will keep them in for about 2 months and have them redone. I am keeping it braided up for the summer!

This lady did a really good job! I also experimented with color and I think I like it!

Check out the pics! DSD's Tree Braids

I'm loving the hair DSD, it looks great on you! Can someone please tell me what tree braids are? How does the process differ from invisible braids, micros or a weave? I'm totally lost on this one. What kind of hair do you use, human or synthetic? How long does it last? And is any of your natural hair left out? Please help a sistah out! TIA.

Those are soo pretty!! You look glamorous!! Wow Ive never heard of tree braids! Now I'm really curious,tell us more about how she did it.

Those are cute!
trampoline.gif

Thanks for showing the upclose pic, I could never figure out how those things were done.
laugh.gif

Thanks Ladies! I love the tree braids because they look more like a style than braided hair.

Let me see if I can describe it. The hair is braided back into cornrows and in the mist of doing so the extension hair is only knotted in and pulled through. Instead of braiding the hair in as with regular cornrows the hair is left hanging out to form a style. I hope that makes sense.

Cat Eyed Cutie, the hair i used is synthetic and it lasts about 2 months. None of my natural hair is left out. It is all braided into cornrows.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Thanks Ladies! I love the tree braids because they look more like a style than braided hair.

Let me see if I can describe it. The hair is braided back into cornrows and in the mist of doing so the extension hair is only knotted in and pulled through. Instead of braiding the hair in as with regular cornrows the hair is left hanging out to form a style. I hope that makes sense.

Cat Eyed Cutie, the hair i used is synthetic and it lasts about 2 months. None of my natural hair is left out. It is all braided into cornrows.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's possible, I think I'm even more confused now.
lachen70.gif
EDIT: I read it again slowly, and I kinda understand it. BUT, how is your natural hair braided if the synthetic hair is also left out?

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's possible, I think I'm even more confused now.
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, maybe you just need to see them done. Then you will go ah ha!

Take a look at the close up in my album. All of my hair is cornrowed back. Have you evr heared of crocheted braided styles. It's the same concept. The hair natural hair is braided back and then the extension hair is crochted into the cornrows.

The only difference is when tree braids are done the extension hair is knotted in with the corn rows while they are being braided in. So the pattern is. Start the cornrow with the extension hair, braid a little and pull out a piece of extension hair.

I tell you what. It takes some skill to do these things. I tried them myself and OMG they are so hard to do! It's worth paying the experts to do it for me!

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
You look great girl!! You are working that hair, and the color really compliments your skintone
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks girl! And I tell you what the compliments and stares are non-stop!
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Eureka, I've got it now!
clap.gif
Yaaaay, don't mind me I woke up on the simple side of the bed today
lachen70.gif
I think I may consider this... You look great girl, keep us posted. How many packs of hair did you use?

those are very cute!! I've had braids with synthetic hair but I never left them in for over 3 weeks because they would start getting tangled and frizzy because you can't wash it

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
Eureka, I've got it now!
clap.gif
Yaaaay, don't mind me I woke up on the simple side of the bed today
lachen70.gif
I think I may consider this... You look great girl, keep us posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yaaayyyy! Cat Eyed Cutie, You know I wasn't going to stop until you got it! Thank you!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
How do you take these out if the hair is knotted?

[/ QUOTE ]
It sort of just unknots as it does with individuals. Same concept different type of braids. HTH

OOOoooh I just got another style option. Thank you so much my hair is too long now for regular human hair microbraids, I'm gonna start looking for someone who can do this.

So they are like crochet braids, that I have in my album, but she braided them in the front and back for you huh?

Thanks ladies!

DDHair, In a sense they are like crochet braids but not exactly. No tools are used except for the braiders hands. My hair is cornrowed all the way back with the hair extending out of the braids. Only the back has individuals.

sorry if i sound confused. i think i get it. but how do they do the front. cause i can't see the cornrows they just look like regular micro braids.
perplexed.gif

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
sorry if i sound confused. i think i get it. but how do they do the front. cause i can't see the cornrows they just look like regular micro braids.
perplexed.gif

[/ QUOTE ]!
Yes, a lot of people think they are micros because of that.

Look in my album again. In put a little better closeup in there. HTH

They look great!!! I'm hoping to try tree braids next - she did an excellent job they frame your face very naturally.

WHY IS DONTSPEAKDEFEAT THE BOMB???
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
I appreciate that you always give out step-by-step information and all the DETAILS. When I was looking at your 1st couple of pics of the tree braids, I was thinking, "What kind of hair did she use?" and then scrolled down a bit more and,....
trampoline.gif
, WALLAH! There's a very CLEAR oicture of the hair that you used, not just BRAND, but COLOR and PRICE as well! Girl, you are truly the bomb!
weird.gif
weird.gif
weird.gif

I want tree braids!!! Slow tail memephis probaly does not ahve any braids that can do them though~!

They look absolutely fabulous! Your color selection was beautiful.

I had so-called tree braids about 15 years ago. Well...lets just say this...my best friend called me "Veronica" from the cartoon strip "The Archies" if anyone remembers that.

It's obvious the technique has gotten so much better since then. I would really love to get some!

DSD I loooove these braids!! I just bought some hair and I would love to get my sister to try this method. I have a couple questions... Are pieces of extensions knotted around your own hair as she braids down? Or did she do the cornrows first and then add the hair?

The style looks awesome on you....thanks for sharing these pics!!
smile.gif

Dang DSD, these are so dope!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
They look fabulous on you!!! I want some, but no one is used to seeing my hair down... they would fall out.
laugh.gif
I'm sending my best friend an email right now!!! She gets micros all the time and they are stressing her hair, this is a wonderful option!!!

Back