I am LIVID w/ Sally's right now!!! ( long post)

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
O.K. so yesterday I discovered that my Caruso Steam Rollers had broken. I've only used them maybe 5x and had them less than 2 months. I keep the reciepts for everything, so I pulled out this particular reciept. I had 90 days to either return or exchange. So, this afternoon i went to my local Sally's. They were out of the Caruso's so I ask the lady when the next shipment would be coming in. She either had to be slightly deaf or dumb, because she CAUGHT AN ATTITUDE W/ ME and tried showed me where they were. I politely told her that I knew where they were and she then said "Oh...then we're out!" For real?!! No SH!t Sherlock!! So, b/c of her attitude, I asked for a refund so that I could go purchase them @ another store. She said "I'm not taking those back!!!". When asked why she said b/c it wasn't in it's original packaging. No where on this reciept does it say anything about original packaging. I've been going to Sally's for 10 years now, 4 years at this one. Everytime I come in here, she gives me a hard time. Other days, I shake it off, NOT TODAY!! I asked for a corporate number, she gives me a card for electrical appliances. I told her that's not what I asked for then his he$%a had the nerve to tell me "There is no 800 number". I then politely asked for her name, she said "Everything you need will be on that card!" So, I took the card and walked out b/c I didn't want to cause a scene. After calming down, I went back in, mainly b/c I still needed to buy something. When I came up to the register to check out, she muttered something off and then walked away!! She was the only one there so I had to wait until someone else came to check me out!!! I just left and I'm so mad I could cry!:nono: I called corporate and they told me to go back and speak w/ an Angie to get a refund. I asked her about the return policy, she said that original packaging WAS NOT NECESSARY!:wallbash: I want her to be reprimanded, but she refused to give her name...what do I do now??

Last edited:
I'm sorry that this happened to you. I don't understand why some companies hire people with the NASTIEST attitude. Go back when she isn't working there, and describe her if you can.

Try calling the store. Not letting on that it's you. Just as a random question. After that before you end the call ask "...And what was your name"
I do this all the time..

ETA: Like Red Riot said, go there when she's off. Im sure once you describe her they'll know who you're talking about.

Try calling the store. Not letting on that it's you. Just as a random question. After that before you end the call ask "...And what was your name"
I do this all the time..

ETA: Like Red Riot said, go there when she's off. Im sure once you describe her they'll know who you're talking about.

I was thinking about doing this, but it just happened. She may realize it's me.

Yes, those girls at Sally's get on my nerves sometimes too.

I recently returned a conditioner steamer w/o my receipt, but I had my bank statement showing I did in fact purchase it from Sally's. They told me I had to call the 800 # and give them my info to track my transaction #...she also said the 800 # office was closed for the day and I'd have to call tomorrow. It wasn't even 5 pm yet.

So I went to my car and called the #, they answered on the 1st ring. The person called the store I was at and gave THEM the transaction # , not me.

The store was supposed to call while I was in there. They just didn't want too. Boy I was hot and 9 months preggie too...don't mess w/me!

You can get someone to call for you. Also, just go to the store and ask to speak to the store manager after you get your exchange. Don't deal with the sales lady. Don't even tell her why you need to speak to the store manager. I'm sure she'll figure it out. If the store manager is not there, make an appointment to speak to her and explain your situation.

If she was the only one there, the store manager will know who is assigned to work that day. Give her and/or the corp office her description. I deal with this all the time mystery shopping. A description day and time of day works.

Ok, so I just called the # and spoke w/ a White Female.

There are two AA females that's working there today. Pming you the names

Last edited:
Okaaayy!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

qtslim, let us know how it works out. I was steaming as I read ur post. I dont know y AA females keep hating on each other...WHAT'S UP W/ DAT!!!!!

Yeah girl...my ears are STILL burnin!!! I don't know why she keeps doing this to me. It's pretty much been like this for 3-4 years now. She always looks at me funny and gives me attitude.

Yeah girl...my ears are STILL burnin!!! I don't know why she keeps doing this to me. It's pretty much been like this for 3-4 years now. She always looks at me funny and gives me attitude.

It's the same way with me with this White lady that works at the Starbucks cafe on campus. I reported her a$$ to the Vice President of Business Affairs...

Girl. i tell u it's the HAIRRRR....She be hatin...

You should take Macherieamour's pledge....

The No More Bad Hair Treatment Pledge
Ok, after Ive read so many pet peeves, salon walk out stories and retailer nightmares, I'm ready to take a stand. From now on, ANY TIME:
-I have to walk out of a salon
-Get stares when I walk into a "white" salon
-Get told about my hair at a BSS
-Get screwed over my an online retailer
-or mistreated in ANY other way

Im going to write a letter, make a phone call or print out a copy of a thread (with permission, of course:grin:) and send it to the company/salon/industry regulators.
I pledge to no longer just take mistreatment and sulk at home in my apartment. Its time to fight back!
Anyone want to join me? Or, add to the pledge??

Posted by Macherieamour
http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/2007/08/the-no-more-bad.html

Girl. i tell u it's the HAIRRRR....She be hatin...

You should take Macherieamour's pledge....

The No More Bad Hair Treatment Pledge
Ok, after Ive read so many pet peeves, salon walk out stories and retailer nightmares, I'm ready to take a stand. From now on, ANY TIME:
-I have to walk out of a salon
-Get stares when I walk into a "white" salon
-Get told about my hair at a BSS
-Get screwed over my an online retailer
-or mistreated in ANY other way
Im going to write a letter, make a phone call or print out a copy of a thread (with permission, of course:grin:) and send it to the company/salon/industry regulators.
I pledge to no longer just take mistreatment and sulk at home in my apartment. Its time to fight back!
Anyone want to join me? Or, add to the pledge??

Posted by Macherieamour
http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/2007/08/the-no-more-bad.html

I was actually thinking about her when I left Sally's the first time:yep:....her post made me go back and get the Corporate #. Thanks Macherieamour!

Daaaaayuuuum Qtslim!! I just saw your fotki, and I see why she has much attitude. She's def. hatin' on your hair!!! I wouldn't be suprised if she watches what you buy and try to use it too, but I bet she'll never flat out ask you your regime out of pride and spite.

Daaaaayuuuum Qtslim!! I just saw your fotki, and I see why she has much attitude. She's def. hatin' on your hair!!! I wouldn't be suprised if she watches what you buy and try to use it too, but I bet she'll never flat out ask you your regime out of pride and spite.

Thanks, you're a sweetheart! I LOVE those rollers. I figured it's probably the hair, I just didn't wanna say anything:lachen:! Her hair is paper thin, she also has a receeding hair line and it about neck length. it's probably b/c she colors it alot. There was one time when I went there to get another moisturizer and she suggested one. I asked if alot of people bought it, she said no, but she uses it herself. I took one look @ her hair and turned my A$$ around and bought something else!!:lachen:

O.K. So I ended up calling another Sally's nearby to get the actual name of the associate. It was RACHAEL!!! So I called Corporate and had to leave a message b/c I'm @ work. I will let you ladies know what happens!

P.S. THANKS SO MUCH MS. HOUSTON!!! She called the store right away and got the names for me. Such a sweetheart! :grouphug:

It's been like that for 3 to 4 years, and you STILL go there? Geez, why on earth did / do you continue to go there if she's been that way to you that long? I myself couldn't deal with anything negative that long.

You know I never understand why employees get attitudes about these sorts of things. Is it hurting their paycheck to take something back?

I was thinking about doing this, but it just happened. She may realize it's me.

Ooh girl! Give me the number! I have free long distance. This kind of happened to me at a Claire's (I forgot to get the girl's name). I went back the next day and described the girl to the manager then called corporate and the girl got suspended:yep::drunk:

O.K. so yesterday I discovered that my Caruso Steam Rollers had broken. I've only used them maybe 5x and had them less than 2 months. I keep the reciepts for everything, so I pulled out this particular reciept. I had 90 days to either return or exchange. So, this afternoon i went to my local Sally's. They were out of the Caruso's so I ask the lady when the next shipment would be coming in. She either had to be slightly deaf or dumb, because she CAUGHT AN ATTITUDE W/ ME and tried showed me where they were. I politely told her that I knew where they were and she then said "Oh...then we're out!" For real?!! No SH!t Sherlock!! So, b/c of her attitude, I asked for a refund so that I could go purchase them @ another store. She said "I'm not taking those back!!!". When asked why she said b/c it wasn't in it's original packaging. No where on this reciept does it say anything about original packaging. I've been going to Sally's for 10 years now, 4 years at this one. Everytime I come in here, she gives me a hard time. Other days, I shake it off, NOT TODAY!! I asked for a corporate number, she gives me a card for electrical appliances. I told her that's not what I asked for then his he$%a had the nerve to tell me "There is no 800 number". I then politely asked for her name, she said "Everything you need will be on that card!" So, I took the card and walked out b/c I didn't want to cause a scene. After calming down, I went back in, mainly b/c I still needed to buy something. When I came up to the register to check out, she muttered something off and then walked away!! She was the only one there so I had to wait until someone else came to check me out!!! I just left and I'm so mad I could cry!:nono: I called corporate and they told me to go back and speak w/ an Angie to get a refund. I asked her about the return policy, she said that original packaging WAS NOT NECESSARY!:wallbash: I want her to be reprimanded, but she refused to give her name...what do I do now??
The same thing happened to me on Sunday, but I tried to take back my hot air brush. I just walked out pissed off. My sister told me would take it back to another store because the people that work at the Sally's in Brandon, Fl think they own it. lol

It's been like that for 3 to 4 years, and you STILL go there? Geez, why on earth did / do you continue to go there if she's been that way to you that long? I myself couldn't deal with anything negative that long.

I go to school in Tampa, it's the closest one to me. She's not there all of the time ( I was suprised to see her there, I thought she got fired!), and other ladies that work there are very helpful. Plus i'm a PJ, Sally's has things that some BSS's do not have. After this ordeal, I probably won't go to this location.:nono:

Back