I am going to keep/start relaxing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I know if I had waist length relaxed hair, transitioning to anything else would not even enter into my vocabulary unless of course my hair grew from neck length to waist length in one year. That is the only way I would consider transition.

I can understand that. But I guess my thoughts towards transitioning came before I grew my hair out a few years back.

So, now that I have reached my relaxed hair goal, then in my mind, I wonder "what if" about what my natural hair looks like.

But seeing this thread and all of the beautiful relaxed hair on the boards motivates me to stay with my relaxer.

I just want to subscribe to this thread to support and share with other relaxed women. Because of the warmth and love of this thread earlier on, I felt compelled to share a feeling/emotion I am going thru as a "relaxed" woman.

Last edited:
Wow.... Cant we all just get along? Seriously.

No we can't because there is too much projection and insecurity. How is someone going natural affect you and your relaxed hair? If a BC thread has you feeling like you are being "Taken over" or whatever, then you have issues.

I have been back and forth on this board since it first started off on longhairlovers, ran by Jennifer. People have been transitioning since then and no one ever talked about being in the minority or whatever. The overwhelming bulk of threads here since that time in 2001 have been about relaxed hair. The whole entire black hair care industry is still based upon relaxed hair. I just don't understand why people have got to feel a certain kind of way because people are choosing to transition or bc. Just as I don't see why people have to feel a certain way because someone is going out to by their mizani mild. I am relaxed and I have never felt threatened or "taken over" by the naturals because I am secure in the choices I make for my head. Not anyone elses. Just as the naturals that seem to not give a crap either way are secure in the choices they made for their own hair. People on either side catching feelings need to reevaluate how they really feel about their own hair.

If you really want to talk about the site loosing its focus or getting off track, we should discuss the level of obsession that defies common sense and scientific hair knowledge by people relaxed and natural.

Yes this site is Longhaircareforum.com but as anyone should know by now, long hair is just an accumulation of healthy hair so that concept should be the foundation of all of the stuff we do. And anyone that has been here for a good long time, I'm talking 5+ years knows that that was how the board used to be for the most part. It wasn't holding on to hair that obviously needs to be trimmed, it wasn't demonizing techniques or ideas just because you choose not to do them. It was knowledge for the sake of knowledge and thinking critically about your goals and making realistic plans to achieve them.

Last edited:
If you really want to talk about the site loosing its focus or getting off track, we should discuss the level of obsession that defies common sense and scientific hair knowledge by people relaxed and natural.

It was knowledge for the sake of knowledge and thinking critically about your goals and making realistic plans to achieve them.

Well said, and I agree (on everything but especially the quoted).

No we can't because there is too much projection and insecurity. How is someone going natural affect you and your relaxed hair? If a BC thread has you feeling like you are being "Taken over" or whatever, then you have issues.

I have been back and forth on this board since it first started off on longhairlovers, ran by Jennifer. People have been transitioning since then and no one ever talked about being in the minority or whatever. The overwhelming bulk of threads here since that time in 2001 have been about relaxed hair. The whole entire black hair care industry is still based upon relaxed hair. I just don't understand why people have got to feel a certain kind of way because people are choosing to transition or bc. Just as I don't see why people have to feel a certain way because someone is going out to by their mizani mild. I am relaxed and I have never felt threatened or "taken over" by the naturals because I am secure in the choices I make for my head. Not anyone elses. Just as the naturals that seem to not give a crap either way are secure in the choices they made for their own hair. People on either side catching feelings need to reevaluate how they really feel about their own hair.

Yes this site is Longhaircareforum.com but as anyone should know by now, long hair is just an accumulation of healthy hair so that concept should be the foundation of all of the stuff we do. And anyone that has been here for a good long time, I'm talking 5+ years knows that that was how the board used to be for the most part. It wasn't holding on to hair that obviously needs to be trimmed, it was demonizing techniques or ideas just because you choose not to do them. It was knowledge for the sake of knowledge and thinking critically about your goals and making realistic plans to achieve them.

Thank you! especially boldeds.

Yes this site is Longhaircareforum.com but as anyone should know by now, long hair is just an accumulation of healthy hair so that concept should be the foundation of all of the stuff we do. And anyone that has been here for a good long time, I'm talking 5+ years knows that that was how the board used to be for the most part. It wasn't holding on to hair that obviously needs to be trimmed, it was demonizing techniques or ideas just because you choose not to do them. It was knowledge for the sake of knowledge and thinking critically about your goals and making realistic plans to achieve them.
:amen::amen::amen:
ETA: You hit the nail on the head. Also, NO one should feel bad about the choices they've made. And I do believe that the focus has not been in the right place lately. We are too concerned with relaxed vs. natural.

Last edited:
Oh come on ladies...can we start this thread over? Please? Just when I'm ready to jump in it's headed for lockdown. :sad:

WTH happened to this thread?

:stop:Alright alright, KIM KIM, nothing to see here (shuttles everyone along).

and don't make me come back now.:clubu:

Last edited:
Let's start over, please. This started out as a great thread before it got shot to death.:ohwell: Please let's stay POSITIVE!:rolleyes:

I'm just saying...I've seen half of the posters in this thread in OT and ET, arguing and debating and not giving a you know what, but when it comes to hair, all of a sudden you've been wanting to start some threads but were afraid because the board's been taken over by the natural nazis?

Brand new. :yep:
Please remember we do have brand new members who really don't know. A lot of posters in this thread were names I didn't recognize.

Happy hair growing everyone whether your relaxed, texlaxd, or natural, or what ever you want to call it. I love it all!!

How was this thread EVER positive after about post # 5....

"disrespecting the space"?

Positivity is being negative about someone other than yourself?

The sad part is, I really don't think the OP meant it to be like that.

She was saying lets share tips and tricks and other posters came in with:

"I was feeling like a minority" "naturals are taking over the board" "I'm tired of hearing chems are devil" "I can't stand the natural nazi's" and whatever else.

Ridiculous. There wasn't much positive in this thread at all.

"I was feeling like a minority" "naturals are taking over the board" "I'm tired of hearing chems are devil" "I can't stand the natural nazi's" and whatever else.

I agree. I think the OP meant well and things were going fine.

It's ironic when you think about who really set things off in the thread.:lachen:

Agreed.

With that being said, let me answer the OP.

I am currently relaxing every 3 months. I am trying to stretch until the new year and then try to stay relaxing at every 18-20 weeks. All of my red color has grown out and it is a little bittersweet. Considering a color change again this upcoming summer but I need to chill out.

I'm using Mizani btw.

Agreed.

With that being said, let me answer the OP.

I am currently relaxing every 3 months. I am trying to stretch until the new year and then try to stay relaxing at every 18-20 weeks. All of my red color has grown out and it is a little bittersweet. Considering a color change again this upcoming summer but I need to chill out.

I'm using Mizani btw.

Hey Gymfreak!! I have been reading a couple of your older post and just wanted to thank you for the knowledge :grin:.

Do you use Mizani Butter Blends or OG Mizani? Are you texlaxed or OG relaxed? LOL

Hey Gymfreak!! I have been reading a couple of your older post and just wanted to thank you for the knowledge :grin:.

Do you use Mizani Butter Blends or OG Mizani? Are you texlaxed or OG relaxed? LOL

Thanks! I used the OG mizani mild last touch up but I am going for the butterblends from here on out. I'm OG relaxed but I am going back to being more texlaxed through the next year. I am hoping that sticking with the same relaxer system will help me stay consistent with the relaxing result.

Thanks! I used the OG mizani mild last touch up but I am going for the butterblends from here on out. I'm OG relaxed but I am going back to being more texlaxed through the next year. I am hoping that sticking with the same relaxer system will help me stay consistent with the relaxing result.

One(maybe :look:) last question Mistress of Knowledge: Do you self relax?

I'm about to relax and would like to know more about what type of shampoos that won't dry out hair. Can someone give me some tips about good products for relaxed hair?

I'm about to relax and would like to know more about what type of shampoos that won't dry out hair. Can someone give me some tips about good products for relaxed hair?

I've been using the Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo, daily conditioner, and deep hair mask for the past month. I really really, really like what it is doing to my hair.

I loved the Mane & Tail Super Moisturizing Line.:yep: It had the perfect balance of moisture and protein.

OK? All this whining and "taking back the board" and "ZOMG, I was starting to feel like the minority!" is funny to me.:rolleyes:
Sorry, this post is just plain rude. All of the naturals who have been thanking your posts in the last few pages were nowhere to be seen earlier in the thread. You guys didn't stop by to offer support or congratulate all the beautiful relaxed heads. You waited until one person said one thing you didn't like, then you all jumped in here to laugh at them, roll your eyes, and tell them they have issues. That happens a lot on this board, and it's the reason why some of the relaxed ladies feel uncomfortable.

This is a support thread for relaxed ladies. If they're sharing some of their feelings about the board and you find it funny, you should keep your laughter to yourself. Jumping into a support thread to antagonize the posters is mean, and it's this meanness that has so many of the relaxed ladies feeling down.

Sorry, this post is just plain rude. All of the naturals who have been thanking your posts in the last few pages were nowhere to be seen earlier in the thread. You guys didn't stop by to offer support or congratulate all the beautiful relaxed heads. You waited until one person said one thing you didn't like, then you all jumped in here to laugh at them, roll your eyes, and tell them they have issues. That happens a lot on this board, and it's the reason why some of the relaxed ladies feel uncomfortable.

This is a support thread for relaxed ladies. If they're sharing some of their feelings about the board and you find it funny, you should keep your laughter to yourself. Jumping into a support thread to antagonize the posters is mean, and it's this meanness that has so many of the relaxed ladies feeling down.

Since I'm one of the "thankers"...

I did not post in this thread until I really felt compelled to by something that was said.

Why? Because it doesn't matter how many relaxed heads I compliment in their progress threads or help out when they need it, folks still constantly call me a natural "nazi" and imply that I "hate" relaxed heads.

This thread wasn't for naturals, and I completely understood that and that's why I didn't post it in it (though I lurked the whole time). I wasn't trying to come in an break up the love fest.

It's so funny to me that thanking someone or posting a couple times in a thread like this is all folks want to remember...but if you go through my posts you'll see the hundreds of times that I've jumped in to help a relaxed newbie while y'all ignored them. Or when I've drooled over a relaxed heads progress right along with y'all. It's not like I expect accolades for doing so, but don't make naturals out to be small minded discriminatory people when that is really and truly not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back