I am getting Married.. Somewhere in the carribean, But looking for ideas..

ang3lface816

I know you probably want the background story.. so here it is..short and sweet. Me and the fiance, have been together for 3 years.. and we have decided to get married in the carribean.. (reasons for this... financially we cant afford to host a wedding for all of friends and family, wanting to escape the ideas of everybody telling us how we should do it, and also wanted something just for the two of us...):2inlove:

This is to take place next year... Sometime between Feb and Apr.:heart2:

My questions for you ladies...
What island? there are a billion different islands, and all the photos look beautiful.. but I'm looking for beauty within a budget...

I want something that is all inclusive, I want YOUR recommendations..
When we were planning to have it here, I wanted a winter wedding.. with a snowy theme...

Since we are going to be on an island, i want warm colors.. Like oranges and yellows... :beach:

So if you have any tips? Any recommendations on what islands? What packages to select? Any recommendations for traveling accomodations?
Any ideas on a planner... Oh also, we only plan on the two of us being there.. B/c neither family has the finances... (which is why we are paying for it by ourselves)

Post them on this thread..
'Preciate it!:giveheart:

Congratulations. I'd choose Puerto Rico-kinda Caribbean but still in the USA. I love Old San Juan, the place is so beautiful, easy to get to with lots of things to do day and night, the people are so friendly.

I don't know much about destination weddings but for great pricing on all inclusive vacations in the carribean, check bookit.com

Congrats!

My sister got married in Jamaica (Negril) at Couples Swept Away. It was gorgeous. I believe she had a wedding planner there as part of her package, who was in constant contact with her and did everything she needed. I think the package also included a photographer, but I am not 100% sure. She really liked it, especially since it was only for couples so the resort wasn't too busy or noisy.

We stayed at Riu Negril, which is also all inclusive. They offer weddings. We saw a few while we were there and they also looked really nice. The resort is amazing, the staff was great, and the food was sooooooo good.

I am so excited. You LHCF women are great!! Any more ideas.? and I will definitely look into the Couples swept away thing...
And thanks for the Congrats!

Congrats!!!

I've seen & attended lots of island weddings. The photos are always gorgeous.

Royal Hideaway - Playcar, Mexico (about an hour from Cancun) is where I wanted to get married. DH had other plans & we invited 261 people to NYC. I saw a few weddings there on 2 different vacations and they were beautiful.

I saw a ton of weddings at Riu in Montego Bay Jamaica last week (Memorial Day holiday). They were nice & I heard the packages were inexpensive.

I attended a wedding at Nassau Beach resort in the Bahamas and my friend said it was inexpensive. The ceremony was by the pool with the beach in the background. The reception was not at the hotel though.

I attended a wedding at Beaches in Negril, Jamaica and it was beautiful. The package included photos & video as well as a separate reception where they had champagne & cut the cake. We also had dinner at Beaches. That was the $80 per person plus the wedding package. I only know that because the guests that did not stay at Beaches had to pay $80 for a day pass to Beaches.

I checked out the Preston Bailey packages at Sandals but could not convince my friend to use them. She got married in NYC instead. Preston's packages are gorgeous....beautiful colors/themes. If you like color (oranges/reds/pink) he has a water lily package & caribbean sunset package and both have amazing color that should photograph well.

Videos at link
http://www.sandals.com/weddingmoons/weddings/collections/prestonbailey/waterlily.cfm

http://www.sandals.com/weddingmoons/weddings/collections/prestonbailey/sunset.cfm

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Congratulations!! You're right- lots of islands to choose from but to me, it depends on what you want to do- what you're into since each island is different. I'm from the Caribbean so can reco US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico if you want to stay on US soil, common destination wedding spots like Jamaica, Bahamas or if you want something really secluded then Sandals/Destination spots are on other less-traveled islands like St. Lucia. A friend of mine also did Dominican Republic with an all-inclusive package.

Hope that helps. All the best!

I got married in Jamaica at a Beaches Resort. We chose Beaches bc there were a children attending but I would highly recommend Sandals. If you would like pics pm me...they were great for me and my husband and fairly inexpensive. They took care of everything!!

It's not the Carib BUT CABO San LUCAS is GORGEOUS.....If I ever do it one day I want it to be there! This place is gorgeous and the weather is off the chain!!! No Humidity....Sun shiny days and beautiful beaches!!!!

There is an attraction called El Arco........WOW!!!! you go out to the area by boat, it's like a little island...... Hold on for a Pic

arch-cabo-san-lucas.jpg

The Attached pics are mine....This place TO ME was breathetaking...If you want the name of the hotels I stayed in let me know

Congratulations!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF1556.jpg
    DSCF1556.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF1646.jpg
    DSCF1646.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 24
  • dscf1622.jpg
    dscf1622.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF1543.jpg
    DSCF1543.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 30
040623%20Cabo%20San%20Lucas%20%281%29.JPG

This is the attraction .......Lover's Beach!!!!:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: Can you imagine....ok sorry....It's the southern most tip of California.....takes 5.5 hours ( Opps...from NY :)...anyway...ok....I'm out:grin:

Thanks, I appreciate the PICS.. really beautiful THank you so much ladies.. Yaw are making me so excited!! I don't even know where to begin...

Congrats! I was in a carribean wedding of a friend so I just wanted you to keep a couple of things in mind:

I would not suggest using live music for your wedding. Band, violinist etc... they were terrible! I was told by others that have gone to destination wedding that always seems to be the case.

Your guests that are not staying at the hotel may have to pay a fee to be on the grounds the day of the wedding which is seperate from your wedding costs.

Please don't make your wedding party where tux's and long dresses in the hot sun.

I'm nowhere near getting married, still single, but I St. Lucia is a beautiful island!! So green and colorful and nice people. It would make such a nice destination wedding spot! I'd love to be married there or Martinique.

Good luck and congrats!

The Riu in Jamaica is fabulous a friend of mine is getting married there next weekend also. its a beautiful place check it out

Back