I ALMOST GAVE UP....

Pamsc

Hello everyone! I am a newbie. I have been lurking the boards now for about 5 weeks....and let me tell you!!!!!! When I almost threw in the towel on healthy hair and any type of growth, I stumbled upon LHCF:D !!!!! Just in time. I think I was actually prepared to " wig" it out the rest of my life...I don't have bald spots or extremely thin hair, but I have not been able to retain length.(Currently neck length--extremely dry) It never occured to me that oil is not moisturing :eek: It has been 5 weeks of Con washes and 2x wk deep conditons( moisturizing mositurizing mosituring...) and my hair is stronger than it has been in a very long time....THanks to each and everyone of you for posting the TRUTH about black hair care. I will submit my starting point pics once I learn how..:) I now look foward to happy hair growing:grin:

pamsc29210 said:
Hello everyone! I am a newbie. I have been lurking the boards now for about 5 weeks....and let me tell you!!!!!! When I almost threw in the towel on healthy hair and any type of growth, I stumbled upon LHCF:D !!!!! Just in time. I think I was actually prepared to " wig" it out the rest of my life...I don't have bald spots or extremely thin hair, but I have not been able to retain length.(Currently neck length--extremely dry) It never occured to me that oil is not moisturing :eek: It has been 5 weeks of Con washes and 2x wk deep conditons( moisturizing mositurizing mosituring...) and my hair is stronger than it has been in a very long time....THanks to each and everyone of you for posting the TRUTH about black hair care. I will submit my starting point pics once I learn how..:) I now look foward to happy hair growing:grin:

Welcome and you are in the right place to grow that hair. Happy Hair Growing:)

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm a newbie myself. I joined a while back to try to nurse my relaxer hair, but, that was a bad call, LOL

Went natural and forgot about the forum.

Then I went relaxed again, and hurrr I am, here to stay.

Welcome!!! Yes, the oil myth is the one I frequently have to bust with my non-hair obsessed friends. There is a lot to learn here. My best advice: Don't run out and buy everything that's posted and recommended. Yes, it's fun, but it can get expensive and not everything works. Find your staples and stick with a consistent routine and you will see results.

baglady215 said:
Welcome!!! Yes, the oil myth is the one I frequently have to bust with my non-hair obsessed friends. There is a lot to learn here. My best advice: Don't run out and buy everything that's posted and recommended. Yes, it's fun, but it can get expensive and not everything works. Find your staples and stick with a consistent routine and you will see results.

Yes, ITA...I had to learn the hard way:look:! Nevertheless welcome, welcome, welcome:)!!

Welcome glad you are a member of LHCF this site holds a wealth of information. "Baglady215" was right do not run out trying to buy everything pj is a hard habit to break. I bought so many hair products now I on the pj challenge to narrow it down to my staples. Stick with what works for your hair.

Last edited:
baglady215 said:

thanks for the advice. I have been using Motions CPR and Hot Six Oil to seal. I don't plan on doing anything drastic-besides, my budget won't allow me!!:grin:

Welcome, welcome from one Pam to another Pam!!!:lachen: Stay consistant, get a good regime and your hair will take off in no time.

Welcome! SC Stand up!

psst the best beauty supply store in cola is King's, across the street from the acura dealership on two notch ;)

Back