I Achieved SHINY Hair (!!!)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I just can't leave my hair alone!!! :grin: After I worked out yesterday, I rinse my hair in the shower and did an airdried rollerset last night. I was tired of how my hair looked from the braidout I did with just one braid.

Anyway, I applied ElastaQP Penetrating Moisturizer (I bought it yesterday), Silk Elements Glossing Polish, and my oil mixture to each section of my hair before I rolled it up. I rolled my hair up like CaramelHonee's diagram except I have three columns in the back instead of four. I used 4 pink rollers going down both sides and red rollers in the three columns in the back. It took me 45 minutes to rollerset my hair. I let it airdry overnight.

This morning when I took my rollers out, my hair was SHINY! I was so surprised! :shocked: My hair is in loose curls too and it feels VERY moisturized and silky! I may not need a hair cut afterall if I can protect my hair with rollersets! I may need to do rollersets more often. I'll just alternate each week with the bun/phony pony and the wig that I wear. I don't have pictures posted in my album (I don't have anymore space in my album right now). When I edit my album, I'll make sure to post pics!

Just wanted to share! :)

Congrats!!! Also...just open a second fotki account....or get a picture trail. I've seen others do that.

Glad it worked out for you.

How do you like the Elasta moisturizer?

lkg4healthyhair said:
Glad it worked out for you.

How do you like the Elasta moisturizer?
It has a watery consistency and has a funny smell to it, almost like an Aphogee smell :barf: ...but it kept my hair even more moisturized than S-Curl! :yep:

now see I woulda thought about using it or trying it tell i saw this....

aphogee smell??? omg!!! neverrrmind.

i could not hang with that. is it a daily type leave in?

dang whats up with the stinky products...i cant stand M.O.M's smell anymore either, cant believe I even dealt with it this long

glad your hair turned out good though, thats what matters. I wanna see pics too!!!!!!

Poohbear said:
It has a watery consistency and has a funny smell to it, almost like an Aphogee smell :barf: ...but it kept my hair even more moisturized than S-Curl! :yep:

Irresistible said:
now see I woulda thought about using it or trying it tell i saw this....

aphogee smell??? omg!!! neverrrmind.

i could not hang with that. is it a daily type leave in?

dang whats up with the stinky products...i cant stand M.O.M's smell anymore either, cant believe I even dealt with it this long

glad your hair turned out good though, thats what matters. I wanna see pics too!!!!!!
I'm really not sure what it is! :lol: It's just a moisturizer. I heard it's a curl activator, but it's consistency is more like a watery leave-in. I didn't use a whole lot on my hair.
Btw, the smell goes away in seconds after spraying it...or maybe that's because my heavenly smelling oil mixture disguised the smell! :grin:
My oil mixture is mixed with three products: EVOO, Hot 6 Oil, and Motions Salon Herbals Oil Sheen Spray - as an oil sheen spray, it smelled good but was too oily for my hair so I took out the spray thingy and mixed it with the other two oils! :)

glad this worked for you, I can't wait to see pics. I want to try the Elasta product you mentioned. So far I've been using mango butter, Recovery moisturizer and DPR-11 and I'm in love with all of them. And the price is great too!

Back