• Other Style (please explain)

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • Couldn't Do It

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4b hair and I wore weaves, braid extensions and twist extensions. I also learned to do two-strand twists and twists-outs. I found it hard to survive without heat.

I would also like to add that 4b hair is not NEARLY as difficult as many of you all are making it. Towards the end of my natural journey I found products and ways to style my hair that made it perfect every single day. I did wash-n-gos, too, just like everyone else and never looked unkempt. 4b hair really the most versatile when it comes to styling because its stays in its place and retains that thickness that people love about natural african hair.

I'm 3c....If I was a 4a/b I WOULD ROCK IT! My 1st style would be a twist out (Love 4's twist :lick:)

OP I think maybe you should have made it clear with whom you were directing your thread.

:lachen: at the eBangers! "I go hard in the paint" *Waka voice* Ya'll too funny

Another weird thread. Why would someone waste their precious time thinking of what they would do if...when that if, isn't even a possibility? This board used to have such meaningful dialogue but these kind of threads are perplexing? Hmm, what would I do, I have had a larger nose, instead of my small nose, what would I do if I had blue eyes instead of brown....um deal with it. Why would one's mindset be different if their hair happened to be 4a/b?

Uh... I'm not exactly sure of the parameters of who-all this question is directed to, I got confused on that, but I do have 4 a/b hair. I'm texlaxed now. If I went natural, I'd probably do the same styles I do now: twist-outs and braid-outs. My hair can't take heat though, so no more straight styles, ever. :ohwell:

I have 4a/b hair, and I've worn those styles mentioned in the polls. However, now I prefer either just curly twistouts, blowdried fros, or flat-ironed ... can't do twists, box braids, nor wash-n-gos due to uneven lengths and fine strands. If I'm lazy, I'll do buns and puffs but don't really like wearing these styles.

I believe the majority of women on this forum may have type 4 hair because the majority of women I see natural IRL have type 4 hair. The only reason it doesn't seem that way because mostly looser textured women put many updates and hair pics or their updates seem to receive the most attention and hits. I don't know why that is, maybe because type 4s take the longest to show visible length due to shrinkage or blah blah blah. I have type 4 hair. I wear my hair in mainly wash n goes using gel to define my pen spring sized curls. I get alot of compliments, but I am getting tired of this style.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I'm 4B and only encountered "loathing" of that hair type in this country. Growing up in Kenya, everyone around me had my hair--or mostly everyone, and we were natural. We did have a mixed girl living in our neighborhood and I have shared how I tried to style her hair once and it flopped all over the place and wouldn't cooperate and I actually felt sorry for her and wondered secretly if she feels sad that she had such awful hair--type 3-something. (Ironic eh?)

Like a lot of other folks that have posted, I wear my hair natural more than I wear it straight. To give you a timeline: My last relaxer was in 2001. I was fully natural in August 2002. I straightened at the end of 2004. Then again at the end of 2006. Then in April 2009. And I'm yet to straighten again, just not sure when. (I keep straight hair for only a week coz I get bored with it straight. I do appreciate how quickly I can whip straight hair into a style, but other than that, meh.)

I wear my hair mostly in twists and braids, coz I'm lazy. I feel most beautiful when I have my hair out and in puff styles. :love:

This is the beauty of 4a/4b hair...non floppage :lol:

I tell you all, I have a mix of different textures, mainly 3b and my two strands, twistouts, box braids do this flopping and major tangling and frizzing. I can't leave styles like these in my hair over 2 days :sad:

I believe the majority of women on this forum may have type 4 hair because the majority of women I see natural IRL have type 4 hair. The only reason it doesn't seem that way because mostlt looser textured women put many updates and hair pics or their updates seem to receive the most attention and hits. I don't know why that is, maybe because type 4s take the longest to show visible length due to shrinkage or blah blah blah. I have type 4 hair. I wear my hair in mainly wash n goes using gel to define my pen spring sized curls. I get alot of compliments, but I am getting tired of this style.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I agree with the bolded. I've noticed that too here on LHCF. I mainly see pictures of loosely curled naturals. I must admit, I sometimes feel a bit discouraged with shrinkage, which is why I do not wear wash-n-gos. I prefer length and/or volume. I have those tiny pen spring size coils too, but it's not that way all over. The top front area of my hair is more kinky "straight" (always been, even before using heat), and the rest of my hair is those tiny tight coils. Not a good look and that's not self-hate.

It is so crazy how much power black people give to something that other people largely don't care about. A lot of non black people don't know anything about your hair, which way is natural or that your hair isn't like theirs. If you are black, you are black, and a racist or bigot isn't going to care how curly or kinky your hair is.
It's amazing that people are equating having kinky hair with a struggle. I mean, aside from having a harder time pulling a comb through it, it's hardly something you need "strength" to do I think. So I have a friend who told me that really kinky hair and being tender headed is a bad mix is painful, and but she certainly does not hate her hair or have any issues in her daily life b/c her hair is kinky and not curly or wavy.
I mean, aside from what lower class black men think, what makes this so "hard"? What is your struggle? Pulling a comb through kinks instead of curls?
I mean, if this is your issue, fine, or if you look at people with kinkier hair and feel pity, again, that's on you, but I think that out of all of the things that I think require strength or that would cause me to pity another person, hair is not one of them.
Hyperbole much?

Oh my :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back