• Other Style (please explain)

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • Couldn't Do It

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wear twists, twist-outs, braid-outs, buns, and a BAA. I also like the styles that have braids in the front and ends with a huge puff in the back.

When I go natural, I only plan to straighten once a year for a trim.

just wondering, why would it have to be away from your face?:look:

Good point iri9109

@cheryl26, having 4B hair hasn't stopped me from wearing hair over my fivehead:

Braid-out:
Picture204-vi.jpg

Twist-out:
Picture54-vi.jpg

Twists:
NoniesKaiLanHairdoLOL-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I chose all of these and more. Right now I wear my hair under wigs, but now that it has more length I plan to try out all kinds of styles.

Honestly I would let it loc up with no styling at all
My husband has THICK messy locs down to his tailbone they are amazing that's my dream hair. His hair is actually what got me interested in natural black hair care

I tried that with my hair and only got frizzy white people dreads

I can see where you were going with this but this isn't the place to pose this question because you're in an environment where 95% of the people here embrace and find beauty in all hair types (or lie politely and quietly about it).

Are you or aren't you a 4? I got confused in two different posts.

Anyways, I said all of the above though it may make me a hypocrite because I think i'm this hairtype and have been wigging it. Not because of my texture or curl pattern, but because this is the first time i've had short hair in 3 years and I don't like it on me.

Well, you know, it's not a hypothetical question for a lot of us. We do have 4a-4b hair (I'm 4b myself) and we do wear it natural. So if you are curious what we would do with hair like ours, well, you can just see what we are doing now. Not being mean or anything, just saying, if you look at the type 4 inspiration thread and threads for 4a and 4b, there will be lots of natural styles in there.

I wear all those styles you listed except box braids, which I can't get to look right. And I wear a lot of other styles, too. My fotki has a lot of styles if you are curious.

Well, you know, it's not a hypothetical question for a lot of us. We do have 4a-4b hair (I'm 4b myself) and we do wear it natural. So if you are curious what we would do with hair like ours, well, you can just see what we are doing now. Not being mean or anything, just saying, if you look at the type 4 inspiration thread and threads for 4a and 4b, there will be lots of natural styles in there.

I wear all those styles you listed except box braids, which I can't get to look right. And I wear a lot of other styles, too. My fotki has a lot of styles if you are curious.

Ditto. Including the part about box braids. Mine always look a mess. Twists and twist outs happen to be my fav styles.

Twist out
Braid out
Shingled
Wash and go
Puff
Mini twists
Fro hawk
Flat twist or cornrowed updos
Cinnabun updos
Highly textured bun
Big a** Afro
Blown out and roller set or flat ironed

So many options...

Yeah, the OP was weird, because hypothetical questions are typically not actual facts that people deal with on a daily basis. It just would've made more sense to as 4s who don't use heat (me included) what styles we wear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Umm.... I'm not understanding the confusion. This is probably why I don't use hair typing.

I would never claim 3c, but there are some people who would not call it 4a because to some people any hair type in the 4 category does not have distinct ringlets and curls.

It is a hypothetical. If someone used to having hair like mine were to wake up to hair was tighter and coilier type, that person may ask themselves if they would continue on natural, given the typical black American response to this hair type outside of hair boards.

I asked myself this for the same reason why I asked myself why, when I decided to go natural years ago, did I ONLY imagine myself with heat-straightened hair. I had to challenge myself and I didn't like the answers that came to me.

The issue isn't just about styling 4b or 4c hair. I challenged myself and asked if I would continue on IF my hair had no discernible curl pattern. We all know that people have said, "It's easy for you to go natural because of XY&Z." I am thankful for all of our styling options, but it is useful to challenge ourselves to the mental exercise, nonetheless, I think.

I've appreciated everyone's answers.

[USER=301843 said:
Msmchy[/USER] ;13054683]I am still stuck on Gem and the misfits!! She's truly, truly, truly outrageous.
seriously that is the most gorgeous style (your siggy) that I've seen in years...twist out or bantu out?

accomplished that on 4a/4b?:look::look:

jus kidding... i'm seriously blown away ... simply gorgeous

Last edited:
Well this thread is currently my reality and I love it. Ain't no "couldn't do it" goin on round here. And yes, 4a,b,c,d.... hair is manageable, beautiful and has the ability to achieve various hair styles.

Not everyone type 4 hair grew up with a relaxer. I've worn just about every natural style there is - other than wash and go and BAA. When my hair gets to the BAA stage it's in braids or twists all the time and on three occasions I've grown locks.

I'm type 4a. I have worn: TWA, afro puff.
Currently I wear: two strand twists, pin up styles, sometimes a BAA.

huge puffs, huge twists and twistouts... anything big!! I love the type 4 texture b/c 4's can achieve the best twist outs and wash and gos. My friend has this hair type and I envy her ability to leave the house with a wet wash and go that is fluffed out and beautiful. my hair looks so flat and floppy when I leave the house with a fresh WNG. If I could trade textures with her, I would...and I know I'd have dope *** hair everyday.

Well this thread is currently my reality and I love it. Ain't no "couldn't do it" goin on round here. And yes, 4a,b,c,d.... hair is manageable, beautiful and has the ability to achieve various hair styles.
yeah that couldn't do it kinda tickled me a bit:look::lachen:
charlie sean voice... winning:drunk: (or better yet doiiiiiiiiiing it!):lol:

Last edited:
OP, I am not sure the point of this thread, but there are a lot of type 4's on this board (including you...I think? I'm confused after reading your posts) and seeing them style their hair in a variety of ways, should have answered your question pretty accurately.

And since I'm no hypothetical type 4, but an actual one, I don't think I'll answer this question...

4b hair is the hair of Hades. The serpent said, "Woman, biteth of this apple and ye hair shall be straight n silky or curly with waves". Ye woman biteth the apple and hath hair made of wool, "ha ha tricked ya" said the serpent.

Im just joking yall, which it probably wasn't funny anyway but I had to do something random since the boards have been dry lately. Ok well off to bed. Night!

I have type 4 hair. I wear my hair in a wash n' go using conditioner only, no gel; not sure if that matters.

Besides that, I wear my hair in a french braided bun or just clipped up. Very rarely do I wear twists, and I've never worn braids. I'm a horrible braider/twister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back