Husband Away (Kinda Long)

Krymsonkween

My husband is over seas working as a civilian contractor, and we have started alittle support group with some of the other ladies. Well one of the ladies came to group and was in tears. Her husband has been gone for 1 year. They have had problems. When he left he left her $6,000 behind in mortage, $3,000 behind in 1 car, $1,000 behind in another car, he had borrowed from his mom and dad the sum of $15,000 and owes them, he has 1 loan in his moms name $5,000, loan in his $9,000 and had tried to get one in her name he also has $1,000 lona in dads name. She almost lost her home for the second time they lost their first home about 4 years ago. He has the man is the head mentalility and he takes or was suppose to take care of everything and did not.

Well she has worked really hard and has filed bankrupcy to get herself back on track. He does send his check home but they had to close their jont account becasue he owes $22,000 in back taxes so the government would not take her money. So far he is a good man he is just really bad with money.

She has been having an affair. She cries because she wants to do right but she has been under so much stress with all of the financila woes he put her through. She almost had a nervous breakdown last year under the pressure. They both have been married 2x his first wife told her he was not good with money but she thought the ex was just trying to keep her from a good thing.

She is a beautiful woman and has a heart of gold. She is one of those people that u meet and instantly like. She loves her husband but says she is tired and wants out, but is scared. The man she is seeing is good. They are not really getting into anything because she has alot of issues from what her ex has done to her. He never beat her or anything just made bad choices. I remember he was doing debt to wellness classes and now I find out he could not even pay his bills.

What do yall think I should say. I told her she needs to stop having the affair and try and make it work. They have no children 2gether. So what do yall tink.

Oh yea he likes thick women and she is 5'9 about 140lbs. She is trying so hard to gain weight because she lost weight and is scared he is not going to like her becasue she is thin.

Oh yea he likes thick women and she is 5'9 about 140lbs. She is trying so hard to gain weight because she lost weight and is scared he is not going to like her becasue she is thin.

What does ^^^ have to do with her bad money managing husband? So he is doing all of this because she isn't thicky thick?

She needs to do what is best for her, she was warned but didn't take heed. Also she should steer clear of any new relationships until she takes care of her current relationship. Major NO NO.

She is also trying to eat all of this food to gain weight and is having emotional problems becasue she can' gain the weight. It's was just an additive to her emotional stress.

She should stop the affair ASAP. Cheating on him is not fair and it's not the answer. If he's that bad with money and has tried to take classes....:scratchch Hard to say....she would have to talk this out with him and see if he would be willing to let her handle the money in the household since he doesn't have self control.

What does he do with the money? Is he a gambler or ????

The key thing for her to do is figure out the source of his money handling problem. Cheating is only adding to her stress.

She has promised to stop the affair she says she was so emotional she just needed let's just say to release.:grin: He did not take classes:lachen:he was teaching people how to get out of debt. I don't know she says she feels so much better when he is away and feels free. When he comes home she is stressed becasue all he wants to do is spend money.

By the time she saves he comes home and spends it all. She does handle the money now becasue he is over seas that's why they are doing better. I just try to listen and b a friend.

I would stop giving her advice and just be a listening ear and a shoulder for her to cry from. When you give people advice, you become responsible for the outcome.

A woman gave me advice, which I naively followed (thinking she was older and grey haired so of course she knew what she was talking about :rolleyes:), which resulted in my being several thousand dollars in debt. I truly want to punch her in the mouth every time I see her...

Wow. They have a lot of problems.

First of all, you said he was a good man--but in my book a good man doesn't leave his wife, alone, with that kind of financial stress, that she didn't know about until after he was gone:nono:

My DH is retired military and when he went on extended leaves, he never left me (us) in a bind. He handled his business to make sure that things went as smoothly as possible while he was away.

He also sends her no money home:nono:. Thank goodness there are no children involved.

What does he say when they talk?

Her affair is definitely not going to help matters, just make a bad situation worse.

I would lend her a shoulder to cry on, but the decision as to what she has to do is hers.

Honestly, I am not one to advocate divorce, but there are times when you have to admit you made a mistake by marrying that person.

This man has chronic habits of being terrible at managing money coupled with wanting to run the show solo. Unless he is willing and committed to doing some serious classes/counseling and meanwhile let her manage all the money....

I would say she should cut and run as they have no children.

If she decides to stay because he is REALLY getting help, she shouldn't have kids with him.

That's just me....

I would just listen if i were you, to avoid being blamed.

hell nah----:ohwell:

spending all the money putting me your wife under financial stress--there is alot goin on here underlying and as another poster--said this may be oen of those times when you have to realize--you married a **** who just wasnt the one for you

She has promised to stop the affair she says she was so emotional she just needed let's just say to release.:grin: He did not take classes:lachen:he was teaching people how to get out of debt. I don't know she says she feels so much better when he is away and feels free. When he comes home she is stressed becasue all he wants to do is spend money.

By the time she saves he comes home and spends it all. She does handle the money now becasue he is over seas that's why they are doing better. I just try to listen and b a friend.

I do try to just listen. I spoke with her a little while ago to make sure she is okay. She said he called and said he was sending $2,000 home but he usually send $3,000. They both made pretty good money when he was home, but he messed up the job here he had been on for 15 years by forging the dr signature to try and get this job over seas. Now even if he comes home he can't go back to his old job.

he does send the money by making sure it goes into the bank account. I feel so sorry for her, but as I said she is doing better and the finances are okay. Because he took out so many loans the bulk of their income goes to paying off the bills. I know most people go over seas for the money but for what he is making he could have stayed on the job he had. His parents have filed bankrupcy 2x and their credit is messed up and now she is in bankrupcy plus he filed bankrupcy. Her youngest is 16 so it's not like she has babies.

Back