huh? when did my hair become yours??

chelleypie810

So i was talking to one of my friends on skype and some of our other friends came in and asked y i don't get my hair cut in a rihanna style..or a short cut so it would grow..HUH? first of all i hate my hair cut at this point and just waiting for my front to grow out, second it annoys me when people suggest things for my style. i'll just stay weaved or wigged up until my hair grows out if i don't like a style. like my mom says hair grows, and theirs no doubt in my mind that mine will grow. so i dun understand why they think their suggestions would be heeded by me.. I probably sound like a b**** but i've been having frustrations about this cut since I got it cuz this was def. not how I wanted it in the first place, but ok i'm done venting! thanks for listening ya'll.

I like that saying

when did my hair become yours?

will use that in the future!

but cheer up, you know what your doing and why, let the unwanted 'input' pass you by

it has nothing to do with what you want and how your going to get it

It's jealousy. You know what that reminds me of is on Real Housewives of Atlanta when Lisa (the one who's half Chinese) met Sheree's friend the ex-model for the first time. The ex-model has a Halle Berry cut, and she grabs Lisa's long mid-back length hair and says to her you need to cut "all of this". I love Lisa's response, she was like "you wish you had my hair".

Keep doing what you are doing. They probably don't know nothing about hair care and like some one else said they probably are jealous.

It's jealousy. You know what that reminds me of is on Real Housewives of Atlanta when Lisa (the one who's half Chinese) met Sheree's friend the ex-model for the first time. The ex-model has a Halle Berry cut, and she grabs Lisa's long mid-back length hair and says to her you need to cut "all of this". I love Lisa's response, she was like "you wish you had my hair".

^Exactly. You just have to use your instinct in order to decipher whether the person is hating on you or honestly giving u his/her heartfelt opinion without malice and jealousy...Sadly its usually hate :nono:

Thanks yall for the support! This advice is coming from one girl that hardly does her hair and greases it up with sulfur 8. dont get me wrong she grew from a short cut to about neck length but its still not cute. and the other girl has had the same length for about 3 yrs..with no cutting. sssooo yuh the nerve to really tell me how to do my hair and obvs my hair can grow and has been a tad bit longer as u can tell from siggy. I just have to wait it out. Why cut when it when i'm trying to grow it out..does that make sense???!!

I don't think it's jealousy. I think this person just thought it was a good idea and thinks it would look good.

It's ridiculous to assume every time someone sticks their foot in their mouth that it's a jealousy thing.

I don't think it's jealousy. I think this person just thought it was a good idea and thinks it would look good.

It's ridiculous to assume every time someone sticks their foot in their mouth that it's a jealousy thing.

I agree, I don't think it's jealousy. People offer unsolicited advice all the time. It is annoying, because at the end of the day, I never asked for your opinion about my hair. But it doesn't always qualify as jealousy or hating.

I never understood that, even when I didn't know anything about hair...

...how is me cutting it all off from the ENDS going to make it grow from my SCALP?

Back