Hsa anyone used SHORT magnetic rollers for roller setting? Easier? (pics of them)

HoneyDew

Has anyone used SHORT magnetic rollers for roller setting? Easier? (pics of them)

There are 12 rollers in this pack. You can see they are shorter than the normal sized.

Do you think these would be easier to get clipped and stay in tighter than the longer ones?

That is my biggest problem with rollersetting. The rollers will just not stay in tight enough to get my hair straight and it ends of being pointless and a waste of time.

But I really need some less-direct heat way to do my hair.

I know these look old school, but they are being sold http://www.cachebeauty.com/magnetic_rollers.htm

mf_short_roller_aqua.jpg

mf_short_roller_yellow.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hsa anyone used SHORT magnetic rollers for roller setting? Easier? (pics of the

i gave up on the clips and use rollers with snap covers

Re: Hsa anyone used SHORT magnetic rollers for roller setting? Easier? (pics of the

PLEASE do not try these! :nono:

The regular longer ones are easier to use IMO. You are asking to be frustrated with these unless you are a Pro.

And yes, get the ones with the clip that goes over the roller. Until you master the art of the double pronged clip it will save ya life! :yep:
ETA: This is what I am talking about:
Rollerset005.jpg

i gave up on the clips and use rollers with snap covers

Same here.

I use the clips on the front/top of my hair so it will not end up with dents fromt he cover, but once I'm done with the top/front I slap those covers on! It saves time, too. If you saran wrap, blow your roots, or flat iron your roots after you follerset, then i say use the covers all over.

So you're a pro now? :rolleyes:

j/k :lol:

The regular longer ones are easier to use IMO. You are asking to be frustrated with these unless you are a Pro.

And yes, get the ones with the clip that goes over the roller. Until you master the art of the double pronged clip it will save ya life! :yep:
Rollerset005.jpg

Same here.

I use the clips on the front/top of my hair so it will not end up with dents fromt he cover, but once I'm done with the top/front I slap those covers on! It saves time, too. If you saran wrap, blow your roots, or flat iron your roots after you follerset, then i say use the covers all over.
Thats what I did too. I used those clips in the very front and the covers on the rest. :yep: Made it go so much faster!!

Thats what I did too. I used those clips in the very front and the covers on the rest. :yep: Made it go so much faster!!

Yup. Once you get the nag of putting those darn clips in the front, you're too tired to put them in the back :lachen:

Okay, I thought I was done with the BSS for a while! LOL

I am not putting a lot of trust in my new Curlformers, so I am going to pick up some rollers with the snap covers today.

Between Saturday and Sunday, I am going to get SOME KIND OF style without the use of direct heat.

It is on!!!!!!

One benefit of being newly single - more time for your hair! :yep:

I am going to try Curlformers on Saturday and then if that turns out a HOT MESS, I will try the snap covered magnetic rollers on Sunday.

I wash myhair tonight, and although I will not have time to fully experiment, I am going to at least see how my hair takes to the rollers usign a few sections while it is wet.

I find the snap on rollers much easier than using the the two prong clips - I'm forever trying to roll my hair that way.

I am not putting a lot of trust in my new Curlformers, so I am going to pick up some rollers with the snap covers today.

Between Saturday and Sunday, I am going to get SOME KIND OF style without the use of direct heat.

It is on!!!!!!

I am going to try Curlformers on Saturday and then if that turns out a HOT MESS, I will try the snap covered magnetic rollers on Sunday.

I wash myhair tonight, and although I will not have time to fully experiment, I am going to at least see how my hair takes to the rollers usign a few sections while it is wet.
OMG you broke up with dude!!! :eek:

It is on!!!!!!

I'm mad at your siggy!:lachen: I liked reading your blog! :look:

It seems like the shorter rollers would just take up more time.

I've been struggling with those pins having to re-roll, re-tuck, and re-pin.

I guess I'll go out and purchase some rollers with the snap cover when I run to get my 2 year supply of CON poo.

Those short rollers are good for short hair and baby hair on the edges of your head, but it's sooo much trouble to make them stay put! :wallbash: I'd rather just use the bigger ones or snap on rollers

I'm mad at your siggy!:lachen: I liked reading your blog! :look:

I know. I still update it. I just freaked when I saw that some of my coworkers are lurking on the board. I don't really want them in my biz. I don't mind yall, but them! LOL no! Especially since I don't really know who. I just know IP addresses. :rolleyes: I COULD find out who, but that would be some stalker type stuff! LOL

OMG you broke up with dude!!! :eek:

OT, No girl, he broke up with me! Girl, I am too "busy" for him. :look: I always have stuff to do and its like I have to "fit" him in. :rolleyes: He wants to take a break and is not sure what he wants right now - yada yada yads. :rolleyes:

Uh, yeah, okay. Don't get me to moving on - cuz I do - HARD! LOL I am TOO CUTE to be sad for too long. LOL And summer is coming to!? LOL

This is sooo OT, but I miss him. A lot. :nono: But, he is right. I am very busy. I have a lot going on. Enough to keep my mind off of it.

And now I have this curlforming and rollersetting to learn. :lol: I really won't have time. LOL

I picked up the snap cover rollers at the BSS today. I am READY and excited about my weekend plans! LOL

I really wanted those short rollers to work. Oh well.

Rollerset005.jpg
Hmm...I've never used these kind of magnetic rollers with covers. Do these covers cause stress on the hair? Do they leave marks or dents in the hair?

It is on!!!!!!

Newly single?
WTH Happened. Are you ok?
ETA I read above.

Sucker! He will come crying back!! TRUST!
KIM Spring is here and the menses will be buzzing around you like bees to honey!

Hmm...I've never used these kind of magnetic rollers with covers. Do these covers cause stress on the hair? Do they leave marks or dents in the hair?
They will leave that annoying dent. I make sure not to use the covers where the dent will be seen. I dont use them on the very front edges of the hair. No they dont cause any stress to the hair at all.

Newly single?
WTH Happened. Are you ok?
ETA I read above.

Sucker! He will come crying back!! TRUST!
KIM Spring is here and the menses will be buzzing around you like bees to honey!

Exactly! And you know what, it seems that for the past few weeks, I am getting all kinds of attention. Maybe I am just noticing it now.

A mildly cute :)rolleyes:) guy on Saturday at the grocery told me that I look like I work out. :rolleyes: Okay, I need to lose 15 pounds. :rolleyes: But, that's alright! LOL I was feelin the compliment.

They will leave that annoying dent. I make sure not to use the covers where the dent will be seen. I dont use them on the very front edges of the hair. No they dont cause any stress to the hair at all.

This is how I am going to try it this weekend.

I can actually do the front with the clips, but as I get to the back it just does not work! :perplexed

I am so excited to do it this weekend! LOL

I bought more snap on rollers the other day. I am trying to use less heat so I can finally be APL.

I bought more snap on rollers the other day. I am trying to use less heat so I can finally be APL.

That is why I am trying to rollerset.

I can tell that my hair has been getting too much heat. :nono:

It is serious. My hair just isn't the same and I know it is because I need to lay off the heat.

I MUST learn to rollerset or braid out or something!

This is how I am going to try it this weekend.

I can actually do the front with the clips, but as I get to the back it just does not work! :perplexed

I am so excited to do it this weekend! LOL

I have some of the short rollers. I don't use them for my whole head, but I use them for those tight areas where a regular size roller just won't fit for example on the hair behind my ears and the pieces above my sideburns areas

Yeah I want to get to BSL and I hope that rollersetting will allow me to get there. I was using too much heat too and it was causing my ends to break and split.

Thank you StillALady. As long as I've been rollersetting, I was wondering why I wasn't using the ones with covers. I may get some just to see the difference.

OP - No, I've never used short magnetic rollers. I would imagine rollersetting would be harder using the short ones.

I could not wait until the weekend. I am rollersetting now! I have been under my dryer (I have the space alien one :lol:) for about 45 min.

I just check a roller and it is not dry :ohwell:

I have a feeling that is is NOT GOING TO BE CUTE. LOL I out this rollers in all over the place. Not much order.

I must be feeling really confident today because not only am I trying a rollerset, but I tried a new conditioner, too.

I have a meeting first in the morning, too. This is going to be interesting. LOL

rollerset1.JPG

I must just be a weirdo or something, because I find the rollers with the covers harder to use then the roller clips. :ohwell:

But then I again I do find rollersetting fun! So, I got some deeper issues to deal with.:grin:

It is on!!!!!!

that is the TRUTH right there! the 1st weekend after me and my ex bf broke up, i went hair crazy! invented a whole bunch of new styles... it's AMAZING how much time you have to sit under the dryer when you don't have a boo blowin up your phone! lol

I could not wait until the weekend. I am rollersetting now! I have been under my dryer (I have the space alien one :lol:) for about 45 min.

I just check a roller and it is not dry :ohwell:

I have a feeling that is is NOT GOING TO BE CUTE. LOL I out this rollers in all over the place. Not much order.

I must be feeling really confident today because not only am I trying a rollerset, but I tried a new conditioner, too.

I have a meeting first in the morning, too. This is going to be interesting. LOL

rollerset1.JPG
I always feel that way too HD. I'll bet its gonna be PURTY!!!
You better post some pics too, girl!! :grin:

I must just be a weirdo or something, because I find the rollers with the covers harder to use then the roller clips. :ohwell:

But then I again I do find rollersetting fun! So, I got some deeper issues to deal with.:grin:

Well, this was fun tonight. But, only because it actually worked! LOL

Should it take and hour to dry shoulder length hair? That is how long it is taking. :look:

Well, I got most of it dry but the very front is still a little damp.

But, I do like the straightness of the sections I did check and have dried. My hair feels moist, too!

I did not even use a lot of product.

There are going to be some of my underprocessed section that are going to need to a low run with a flatiron, but I may get better with this.

I am going to do it again this weekend.

Back