HOWWWWWWWWW???????

GodMadeMePretty

Here I go again with my style-challenged self. For those of you who do it, HOW do you part so LITTLE and with CURVES and stuff.

I am so not pleased and QUITE jealous that I can't do what seems to be so simple as to make a PART! This is why my daughter wears only an afro puff now and if anything else, you can believe that it's only 3 or 4 parts with ponytails.

HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?

I just needed to vent. I know you all are laughing at me but I don't care. I'm seriously frustrated!!!

my parts always come perfect...I think its natural. Is it becasue you dont have a steady hand? My mother sucked at doing my hair when I was little. I used to have to draw on a piece of paper how I wanted my hair to be parted. I wish I could help
frown.gif

girl i feel your pain! i am bad at parts too. i just learned to not go crazy over it. i find that a rat tail comb with fine teeth works the best. i know it's an old saying and makes no sense but i remember hearing people talkng about "moving scalp", i believe that about my daughter's scalp. after taking ten minutes to make a part and i put in the holder or rubberband, it looks crooked. it never fails. try not to pay too much attention to it. it takes practice girl and if you keep trying it will get better.

The ONLY way I can make a straight, curved, or any kindof part on my head or anyone else's head is by using the end of a rat-tail comb. That makes it so much easier
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
The ONLY way I can make a straight, curved, or any kindof part on my head or anyone else's head is by using the end of a rat-tail comb. That makes it so much easier
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

I use the end of a rat tail comb for the zigzag parts my daughter loves. I purchased a kit that had different stencils to help make parts for my god daughter's mother. She is also part challenged, hell she can't even put on the barrettes with the balls on the end.

I pretend that I meant to do it that way when my daughter asks why her parts are crooked!
wink.gif

OK, I need the stencil. Where did you find that? I am fur-real part challenged because even with the rat-tail comb, it just ain't happening.

@ ayeshia - you are the person that I love to hate.
grin.gif
**leaving muttering "perfect parts" **

You can buy stencils in CVS and Duane Reade. They're made by the same company that makes Hairagami. It's in the hair accessories aisle (look next to the combs and brushes, etc.)

It's on white and red cardboard, the stencils are black. They have two different sets that come with a bunch of stencils and a comb (I think).

I've been meaning to buy one since forever, so I may break down and get one today.

they have that in duane read? your kidding. i am runnign across the street right now to check. i heard of that and i could never find it. i would have never thought to go to duane reade for it. the rat tail comb does usually help, especially with the zig zag. that's the only way i can make a zig zag is with that comb.

I also want to hear more about the stencils because the only way I can do straight parts is if I'm looking. I can get by with straight hair, even when I'm not looking but with my type 4 natural hair...I find it hard to part straight beyond where my eyes can see in a mirror. And I haven't got the patience to contort myself into shapes that would allow better view with two mirrors. It was easy to disguise crooked lines with micros but I'm finding that not so easy with cornrows. (But that isn't stopping me from wearing them either.
laugh.gif
)

GMMP, the easiest way I find to make parts is to slide the comb tooth along the scalp (no need to press hard) and the longer the tooth the better...so you can slide it through a long way almost to the end of the part, then as you lift the comb from the scalp, let your fingers follow the partition to separate the two parts, holding the hair on one side of that part firmly along where your comb passed so you can separate it from the other half. So you first hold all the hair to be parted together, slide the comb (I used a pick) tooth through the hair along where you want to make the part as far as you can go, and then before pulling it out and the hair apart...let your fingers of the hand not holding the comb follow the path of the comb and get ready to separate the hair with those fingers as you lift the comb through your hair. You can then lay the two parts down to reveal the part and then use the comb to pull out any hairs that are not in the right place. But when you do this, you will have to hold firmly the thicker chunk of hair on either side of the parting or rather the one from which you'll be pulling the stray hair from...so that only the hair you're trying to correct slides out. I forgot to mention that when the fingers follow the comb through the part, they are then to grip the hair on that side of the part tight, so that as you lift the comb, it does the job of separating and smoothing down the other side of hair when you reach the ends of your hair with the comb. I hope that makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
You can buy stencils in CVS and Duane Reade. They're made by the same company that makes Hairagami. It's in the hair accessories aisle (look next to the combs and brushes, etc.)

It's on white and red cardboard, the stencils are black. They have two different sets that come with a bunch of stencils and a comb (I think).

I've been meaning to buy one since forever, so I may break down and get one today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Boadicea! I am intrigued and will go peruse the aisles at CVS this evening. I can't even imagine how a stencil would work, but I'm game.

Back