How would this make you feel?

Shell4624

If you had no evidnece or reason to suspect cheating... but you overhead your SO siblings girlfriend say "he (insert your SO's name) cheats on her (insert your name)...

would that bother you? How would that make you feel? what would be your reaction....

Just happend to me.. adn I don't talk to this chic...but she's dating my SO's brother so why would she say that? What does she know that I don't? You know how things come out during pillow talk.

My thought was, my SO has told me about incidents of his friends cheating (IMO) on their SO so I just felt like, damn the table has turned... someone knows something that my SO has done.

Thoughts?

How'd you overhear it and do you know how the topic even came up?

To answer your question it wouldnt make me feel nice at all.

It would make me feel like it is time to play the question game. Time to question myself first. Am I ready to handle what I am possibly about to find out and to make a decision in my best interest?

The fact that she wasn't saying it SO you could hear it intentionally (you said it was pillow talk) makes me wonder. Not like she was saying it to be spiteful to you in that case, intentionally saying it while knowing you'd hear.

But why would this girl be telling your boyfriend's brother about what HE'S doing to his own brother (wouldn't his brother know? How does she know this?)

So many questions to ask and wonder.

If I heard it, I would be shell shocked, honestly. Like "WHAT?" Especially since you seem to have no suspicions on your s.o. Find out what you know first before reacting.

By all means, please ask. You already stated that he has friends that cheat, so he probably knows how to play the cheating game quite well, by watching and listening to them. I'm not saying that he is cheating, but for your own peace of mind, you need to address this, with her. She may not want to say anything, esp. now that the moment has passed, but you will want to see this through. Good luck.
(and let us know what's going on, cause we nosy :p)

Girl,

It would make me feel like he is cheating on me. Why would she just be saying that to someone else? Obviously, she knows something. Ask her. Tell her you overheard her talking. Tell her you just need to know so that you can make your own decision and that you won't bring her up... but that if she were in your position, she'd want to know too.

Girl,

It would make me feel like he is cheating on me. Why would she just be saying that to someone else? Obviously, she knows something. Ask her. Tell her you overheard her talking. Tell her you just need to know so that you can make your own decision and that you won't bring her up... but that if she were in your position, she'd want to know too.

Agree! This is what I would do.

Ms. D I don't think she was saying that she heard their pillow talk. I think she meant that her SO's sibling might have been talking to his gf in bed and told her about his siblings relationship. Then she overheard the gf telling someone else.

But please don't leave us in the dark, what happened?

It would make me feel like it is time to play the question game. Time to question myself first. Am I ready to handle what I am possibly about to find out and to make a decision in my best interest?

dont pull out an e-gun on me but...I would have pulled her aside and asked her to repeat what she said.

Kayex---My advice to others is always ask yourself if you really want to know the answer before you ask anyone a question...

That said....It would make me feel like I need to have a conversation with all parties involved, SO and SO's DB's GF. But I'm just that kind of person, two things would make me want to do this, 1. In the midst of speaking with the SO's DB's GF she needs to know you can't just speak about me and mine in earshot with others and think that's ok. and 2. I hate games and I hate liars. If you get folks in a room together you can always find the liar in the situation, if one exists.

OP good luck in this situation, but do what works for you.

Back