How Weaves Severely Damaged My Hair

I posted this in the "Random thoughts" thread, but I'm glad you posted it. keep the message out there that some weaves and/or styles come to steal and destroy. I hate weaves with a passion. When most of us started going natural why didn't we also put weaves down too? They are tedious to put in, they are most of the time too tight, they are dirty, and they are from someone else's DNA! they are ugly too.

I feel bad for her also, and hope she heals well. This is why you should always treat your scalp gently and always avoid stylists that put you in pain. That includes when you get slick ponytails, braids, twists, etc done. Don't "give it time to loosen up" either. A style should be comfortable feeling from the moment it is installed. Extremely tight styles can cause scalp damage and permanent hair loss (traction alopecia) from follicle trauma.

I feel bad for her also, and hope she heals well. This is why you should always treat your scalp gently and always avoid stylists that put you in pain. That includes when you get slick ponytails, braids, twists, etc done. Don't "give it time to loosen up" either. A style should be comfortable feeling from the moment it is installed. Extremely tight styles can cause scalp damage and permanent hair loss (traction alopecia) from follicle trauma.
Exactly, i dont understand the tight styles. Why? And then the sew on weave on already tight braids, Why? Don't you feel the pain while laying in your bed at night?! Oh no, just sit there like an idiot with your roots being pulled. I am sorry this happens to her. Still it was not a smart move.

I'm speechless.

Watching her video was kind of difficult because as she explained all of the things she did to her hair it's almost like she doesn't understand it's her fault as well. All of those different things she did to her poor hair and the video clip of her scalp looks terrible. Me personally I would literally be in tears. Even if you don't wear your real hair out (which I don't either and i'm near BSL) it's truly important to take care of your real hair.

The way her head was split like that was really fascinating. Her head looks so painful but I don't think she was feeling anything because she said she felt the separation but not pain or anything. In the end she has a good attitude about it. Nothing else she can do but learn from her mistakes like she said.

P.S. I like the way she talks. If all youtubers spoke like that I probably would be on youtube all day. Sometimes I can't watch a video from all the lip smacking and mispronouncing words.

The way her head was split like that was really fascinating. Her head looks so painful but I don't think she was feeling anything because she said she felt the separation but not pain or anything. In the end she has a good attitude about it. Nothing else she can do but learn from her mistakes like she said.

P.S. I like the way she talks. If all youtubers spoke like that I probably would be on youtube all day. Sometimes I can't watch a video from all the lip smacking and mispronouncing words.

I agree with the bolded.

She has a beautiful face.

I could feel sorry for her but even with all of her trauma she will probably reach APL before me :lol:

She has a great attitude. I hope she recovers her hair.
She does have a cool attitude, which is a very good way to be.

W.T.F.!!! was that?!?!?! OMG....why was she mashin n squeezin n whatnot on that head like that tawkin bout some "Dats Bae"....nawww dats disgusting..

How do you date with all of those lumps n bumps on ur head. HOW?!?

So many questions. So with all of that make up, does she apply foundation to her head now? how does that work? a beat face and a lumpy head....

And kudos to those scared little hairs tryna come out ...omg...

My head hurts now. Weaves didn't damage her hair. She did...omg... her condition has exceed traction alopecia....i don't know what da hell u call that. maybe the medical
field will come up with something because I am just beyond words right now.....

W.T.F.!!! was that?!?!?! OMG....why was she mashin n squeezin n whatnot on that head like that tawkin bout some "Dats Bae"....nawww dats disgusting..

So many questions. So with all of that make up, does she apply foundation to her head now? how does that work? a beat face and a lumpy head....

My head hurts now. Weaves didn't damage her hair. She did...omg... her condition has exceed traction alopecia....i don't know what da hell u call that. maybe the medical
Lol well she had hair before this so she snagged bae before this happened. I liked that her gf was being supportive because I'm sure she was feeling ugly for a minute. And I think she said she's going to still wear wigs with got 2 b glued now. I also think she said the name of what happened to her head or maybe it didn't have a name? I can't remember. But she said she googled and that's how she figured it was one big pore back there. It looks so painful.

Lol well she had hair before this so she snagged bae before this happened. I liked that her gf was being supportive because I'm sure she was feeling ugly for a minute. And I think she said she's going to still wear wigs with got 2 b glued now. I also think she said the name of what happened to her head or maybe it didn't have a name? I can't remember. But she said she googled and that's how she figured it was one big pore back there. It looks so painful.

Oh. I see. Ok. So glue is a better option. Wow. More chemicals on a damaged scalp? Thank you for explaining because honestly, all I did was fast forward to the pictures and listened to just a little of her commentary.

Seriously, my scalp hurts. I am an avid weave wearer and I have never had a weave so tight that I couldn't bear it and not do anything about it all in the name of Vanity. Ain't no way. My stylist knows not to braid my hair tight, otherwise there would be a serious problem. That is sickening.

Meanwhile, I still wanna know if she applies foundation to her head to match her face. I guess not if she is wearing wigs. I'm still in awe...

Oh. I see. Ok. So glue is a better option. Wow. More chemicals on a damaged scalp? Thank you for explaining because honestly, all I did was fast forward to the pictures and listened to just a little of her commentary.

Seriously, my scalp hurts. I am an avid weave wearer and I have never had a weave so tight that I couldn't bear it and not do anything about it all in the name of Vanity. Ain't no way. My stylist knows not to braid my hair tight, otherwise there would be a serious problem. That is sickening.

Meanwhile, I still wanna know if she applies foundation to her head to match her face. I guess not if she is wearing wigs. I'm still in awe...
Got 2 b glue is a gel not a glue. That's just the name of it. It's a super sticky gel but still gel. It lifts right up with water (or your sweat :look: lol)

:lachen::lachen:Oh wow! You've got me here sounding crazy. I just love your font lol
I'm usually game but I can't bring myself to watch the vid. A quick flash of that thumbnail:hide: and descriptions alone have me cringing in disgust but I keep coming back to read more...the one big pore thing...just sounds awful.

Last edited:
Tight braids Weaves damaged my hair

Weaves did not damage her hair.. she and anyone else involved with her hair care practices damaged her hair..

She said in her video that she was ripping frontals off of her hair because she did not care if she had edges or not.. ? Strange logic.

Good luck to her during her scalp's recovery journey. Hopefully it grows back because that lumpy scalp is not the business.

I feel bad for her, but then I don’t. :look: She was asking for scalp damage. Begging for it. You get a sew and it damages your hair. Then you get another sew in and your scalp starts to bleed and you have clumps of hair coming out at the root during take down... But you get another and another sew in, until you have no edges. And this continues until she has no choice but to get a bald fade, because I’m sure she was looking like Fire Marshall Bill.

I know that most of us have not always cared for our hair properly, myself included. But I truly don’t understand neglecting your hair and scalp—a part of your body!— to the point that it bleeds and parts like the Red Sea, simply because “no one will see it”. She actually said that. She would rip glued down frontals off her edges and didn’t care that it was balding because she was going to keep wearing the frontals. o_O

I truly wish her a full recovery, but I don’t see how her plan of taking Hairfinity and oiling her scalp is going to fix this. She has a good attitude, but still sounds a bit ignorant and like she doesn’t understand that this could very well be permanent and irreparable damage... Or she just doesn’t care that much cause she’ll be wearing wigs anyway. :look:

Last edited:
Back