How Weaves Severely Damaged My Hair

She needs to watch 'what lies beneath the weave'. I think her problem is lack of maintenance underneath the weave. Some women start to think their weave is their hair and care more for the weave than their own hair.

This is why some people become anti-weave. It is the obsession and 'self- care be damned' attitude that many heavy weave wearers exhibit. I cannot imagine being so negligent to let my scalp get this bad for fake hair.

You don't get there over a measly few months this is years of abuse. Hope she has learned a valuable lesson.

Last edited:
Some women start to think their weave is their hair and care more for the weave than their own hair.
I know some women like that. One of them has no edges at all. I thought it was post-partum shedding at first so I started to tell her how to grow her edges back if she wants. She stopped me in my tracks and told me that she doesn’t care about her real hair at all cuz she prefers weaves. I was speechless. Oh well.

I know some women like that. One of them has no edges at all. I thought it was post-partum shedding at first so I started to tell her how to grow her edges back if she wants. She stopped me in my tracks and told me that she doesn’t care about her real hair at all cuz she prefers weaves. I was speechless. Oh well.

giphy.gif

It’s so many that think like that. It’s an epidemic.

that's crazy and that pic you showed is embarrassing only because she is clearly neglecting her self. your hair is apart of you.

These gifs :lachen::lachen:

Her edges ARE looking like this y’all:
View attachment 426600

No lie

Do people really see themselves wearing wigs and weaves in their 60's, 70's, and 80's? I mean as you gets older ppl hair tend to naturally thin out. How are these ppl hair going to look like?

I just can't. The edges in the picture are horrifying. Why would anyone neglect any part of their body like that?

Last edited:
It seems like the natural hair movement hasn't resulted in less weave and wig wearers at all. If it's just a give your real hair a break/protective style thing, I can understand that. I don't understand neglecting your real hair and scalp...how can you care more about the weave nvm smh.

Back