How Weaves Severely Damaged My Hair

If it looks this bad, I can only imagine how her scalp was feeling. Mercy

She claims she didn’t feel anything. I watched the follow up video, and she says that her head had been like that for at least a year unbeknownst to her. She says that the woman who did the weave gave her painkillers before she started. The next day she realized the problem when she stuck her hands into her head and there was blood on her fingers. She kept that weave in for 2 months though. :spinning:

She claims she didn’t feel anything. I watched the follow up video, and she says that her head had been like that for at least a year unbeknownst to her. She says that the woman who did the weave gave her painkillers before she started. The next day she realized the problem when she stuck her hands into her head and there was blood on her fingers. She kept that weave in for 2 months though. :spinning:
Aw hell naw

W.T.F.!!! was that?!?!?! OMG....why was she mashin n squeezin n whatnot on that head like that tawkin bout some "Dats Bae"....nawww dats disgusting..

How do you date with all of those lumps n bumps on ur head. HOW?!?

So many questions. So with all of that make up, does she apply foundation to her head now? how does that work? a beat face and a lumpy head....

And kudos to those scared little hairs tryna come out ...omg...

My head hurts now. Weaves didn't damage her hair. She did...omg... her condition has exceed traction alopecia....i don't know what da hell u call that. maybe the medical
field will come up with something because I am just beyond words right now.....

Exactly what I was saying it wasn't the weaves it was her.

No no no no!!! But I’m sure she isn’t alone in this world.

This is how her hair looks now.

View attachment 426189
It actually looks decent. I wonder if there is any hope to shrink that huge pore so she doesn't have stuck short hairs in the middle. I seriously thought the damage was permanent with how lumpy and scarred her head looked.

She said a few times in the video that she made stupid mistakes so I'm hoping she realizes that it was not just getting the weave itself but everything she did and didn't do that contributed. At one point she said something stupid and I frowned at my screen and her next line was "I know right stupid mistake". Lol

I hope things go better this time and if she keeps wearing wigs that she's taking care of her edges too.

It actually looks decent. I wonder if there is any hope to shrink that huge pore so she doesn't have stuck short hairs in the middle. I seriously thought the damage was permanent with how lumpy and scarred her head looked.

She said a few times in the video that she made stupid mistakes so I'm hoping she realizes that it was not just getting the weave itself but everything she did and didn't do that contributed. At one point she said something stupid and I frowned at my screen and her next line was "I know right stupid mistake". Lol

I hope things go better this time and if she keeps wearing wigs that she's taking care of her edges too.

It looks better than I thought it would too. But you can see that she still has areas of tufted hair, some balding, and the divides are still there. Actually, it’s exactly the same, just with a layer of hair over it. She stated in the follow up video that she did go to a dermatologist and they said that she will be fine. However, she made no mention of any treatment, only some regular hair products she’s been using.

I still think the damage is likely permanent and once she starts to grow her hair back she’ll experience the same thing that lead her to shave it off: severely stunted growth at the crown. That’s why I mentioned in an above post that she planned to use oil her hair and take a hair vitamin, and now she’s added some Carol’s Daughter products... That’s seems okay for the hair, but I don’t see what her current regimen is going to do to correct what looks like something similar to Pili Multigemini in the crown area.

It looks better than I thought it would too. But you can see that she still has areas of tufted hair, some balding, and the divides are still there. Actually, it’s exactly the same, just with a layer of hair over it. She stated in the follow up video that she did go to a dermatologist and they said that she will be fine. However, she made no mention of any treatment, only some regular hair products she’s been using.

I still think the damage is likely permanent and once she starts to grow her hair back she’ll experience the same thing that lead her to shave it off: severely stunted growth at the crown. That’s why I mentioned in an above post that she planned to use oil her hair and take a hair vitamin, and now she’s added some Carol’s Daughter products... That’s seems okay for the hair, but I don’t see what her current regimen is going to do to correct what looks like something similar to Pili Multigemini in the crown area.
I'm trying to figure out what exactly made her scalp like that. Was it that the cornrows were too tight along with the weave? I just don't understand how she allowed it to get this bad.

This is just bizarre to me. Being given medication prior to a hair service in this manner should be a red flag. I hope she has also educated herself on basic hair practices coz this is extreme.

The Human body is a wonder. She is very lucky her body healed itself.

I hope she stops using weaves, wigs and even braids, with hair added.

Her thinking about her natural hair makes me think she won’t change much. She was very “ oh well” about it cause she had the weaves and wigs to fall back on. She said at one point she didn’t care what her natural hair was doing cause she had a weave.

I personally know a couple of women that have that philosophy. They wear wigs and weaves constantly, every day, all day and the edges are gone. They don’t care for the natural hair because they love the look of the fake hair. I know women that have braids in for 2-3 months and never wash their hair.

All that to say there are a lot of women that have her philosophy. Despite the heavy makeup it seems like she has a pretty face. I’m sure she would look very nice sporting that shirt growing out hair and she should massage that scalp nightly and get some meds from her dermatologist to help her hair grow back strong & healthy and le her natural hair fly free.

Her thinking about her natural hair makes me think she won’t change much. She was very “ oh well” about it cause she had the weaves and wigs to fall back on. She said at one point she didn’t care what her natural hair was doing cause she had a weave.

I personally know a couple of women that have that philosophy. They wear wigs and weaves constantly, every day, all day and the edges are gone. They don’t care for the natural hair because they love the look of the fake hair. I know women that have braids in for 2-3 months and never wash their hair.

All that to say there are a lot of women that have her philosophy. Despite the heavy makeup it seems like she has a pretty face. I’m sure she would look very nice sporting that shirt growing out hair and she should massage that scalp nightly and get some meds from her dermatologist to help her hair grow back strong & healthy and le her natural hair fly free.

As I said the human body is a wonder, but it can only take so much abuse. I don't think her scalp, can take any more abuse.

I really think this dependence on weaves, wigs, braids, crochet braids, is a mental illness. There is no way I'm sacrificing my health just for a hairstyle.

The sad thing is that several ppl will view this video and continue with their poor hair and scalp practices.

Last edited:
This is just bizarre to me. Being given medication prior to a hair service in this manner should be a red flag. I hope she has also educated herself on basic hair practices coz this is extreme.
I know! I just cannot fathom going through that much pain for a hairstyle. It's like, where are the priorities?
Poor thing but I am glad I am tender headed. Or maybe just aware of pain and not willing to tolerate it for a hair style?
I had some crochet braids in and I was allergic to the hair. I had painful swollen lymph nodes and my head was itching like crazy after a couple of days. I took those suckas right out.

This thread is interesting. Those pics are nightmare inducing and she did cause her own problems. What I don’t get from this thread is the makeup shaming. I don’t think her makeup is that heavy. Even if it was, she’s rocking it beautifully! No need to question her beauty or your own.

I just seen another one of her videos (Freshed Faced) and she IS beautiful, Not to offend anyone, I just truly thought her real face was better than the made up one. That is a compliment. IMO.

That is all I'm am going to say about it.
Yeah, the bolded was weird. Very weird.
I mean well. I just don't understand drag queen makeup on real women (especially pretty ones). I know....its her choice *shrug*

I'm done.:hugxplode:

I don’t think anyone was makeup shaming. I personally love makeup always have.I’m already trying to figure out how and what makeup I’m gonna rock when I get older.

Her makeup is a lot IMHO. I know someone like this personally. She’s a pretty young woman but she wears tons of makeup plus fake lashes, weave, colored contacts and fake nails. To me dis tew much!

Perhaps weave damage lady was extra made up for the video. Her face , her choice.

Back