how to repair split ends

preciousstone

I'd like to try to repair split ends instead of cutting. anyone sucessfully do this without a trim? what products did you use?

TIA

You need to just let them go. I've had hair that has stuck at SL for over 5 years. I have splits all the up the hair shaft. My hair feels rough and my hairstyles always look bad. Cut them off and baby your hair from this point forward.

yeah you can't really repair split ends but you can use products to smooth the split ends together for a few hours. i've used Bed Head pomade stick.

There is no such thing as repair split ends. If you don't cut them they will continue to split up the shaft. Trimming on an as need basis helps to prevent major cuts because of split ends. If you wait, the split will go up and up and up and you'll have to cut that much more off to solve the problem.

I agree with the ladies. I dont believe the split will travel up the hair shaft though. but it causes breakage at the V of the split and thus makes for some raggedy uneven ends. so if ur not ready to do a big trim, just do mini trims every few weeks and keep your hair bunned in the meantime. Thats what i did when i was at SL.

I agree with the ladies. I dont believe the split will travel up the hair shaft though. but it causes breakage at the V of the split and thus makes for some raggedy uneven ends. so if ur not ready to do a big trim, just do mini trims every few weeks and keep your hair bunned in the meantime. Thats what i did when i was at SL.

Oh yes they do :yep:...but they don't make it all the way to the base of the hair. They tear off before they get there; but you better believe it, they do travel up the strand.

Why else would hair that is never protective-styled or trimmed look so thin over time? I shared my pics of my own very skinny ends because of not dusting regularly. If I had done a S&D, I bet a lot of those strands would not appear to be split, but that's because the splits already rode up the shaft and then broke off...leaving single non-split ends that are thin and unhealthy.

I hear catnip tea helps strengthen your hair against them but you'll have the cut the existing splits off. There's alot of stray cats in my neighborhood so I'm too paranoid to try it out.

Back