How to not be stubborn?

Plenty

I have been this way since I was a small child. I am so stubborn. I feel like my brain is so dense. I just do get it...

If I go along with someone else’s idea I always feel like they are screwing me over.

I cannot live like this anymore. Please pray for me to be more receptive and less stubborn.

I feel so sad. I am not sure what to do.

Any advice on how to be more receptive?

I can be quite stubborn if you ask my hubby:D At the root of stubborness is pride because I'm saying I want to be right.

Start with releasing that into God's hand through prayer. Renew your mind. Look at what the bible says about pride and the fruit of it in our lives. Align your thinking with what God says about being humble. Admitting you're wrong or going along with someone else's plan sometimes is not a sign of weakness it's a sign of strength!!

How much quality time do you spend with God? You can't help but be transformed as you worship and pray and meditate on what's He speaking to your heart.:)

alexstin said:
I can be quite stubborn if you ask my hubby:D At the root of stubborness is pride because I'm saying I want to be right.

Start with releasing that into God's hand through prayer. Renew your mind. Look at what the bible says about pride and the fruit of it in our lives. Align your thinking with what God says about being humble. Admitting you're wrong or going along with someone else's plan sometimes is not a sign of weakness it's a sign of strength!!

How much quality time do you spend with God? You can't help but be transformed as you worship and pray and meditate on what's He speaking to your heart.:)

What if someone else's plan is to take advantage of me?

Plenty706 said:
What if someone else's plan is to take advantage of me?

I think it would be good to pray for a sense of God's desernment (sp?). If you really feel that someone is trying to take advantage of you, then I don't see it as being stubborn. I think everyone has boundaries and things that they will or won't put up with. God has not made us doormats. Just try to pray about the situation and see what the root of the situation is. Maybe try ot let the person know how you feel, and that you feel used. Just a suggestion, although it is hard to give a true suggestion becuase I am not familiar with the exact situation.

Back