How short is too short for a ponytail?

If the ornament you are using to secure your ponytail is larger than the ponytail, it's better to just wait. I see so many with more ornament than hair, and it looks terrible.

The pics in this thread are really cute though, they look fine. ;0)

Banana clips are a great tool for this sort of thing. I've recently rediscovered them and love experimenting with them.

If you wear your hair your curly, I think another accessory would be a good option - unfortunately I don't know what it's called nor can I find a pic of it. It's a circular, plastic, flexible/adjustable thingy with teeth. Sort of like a smaller version of a circular headband with teeth/combs. In fact, it could probably be worn as a headband too bc it's adjustable. When I have thoughts about BCing, I always think of this accessory bc it seems like it would be the perfect way to create a neat puff and doesn't require long hair because it has a wide opening and can be "anchored" in the hair. Anyone know what I'm talking about? :drunk:

eta: started a spin-off thread. It's called a stretch-comb.
images

Last edited:
I think that nape length and above is too short for a ponytail.
Like, if you have to struggle to force the hair into the holder and need like 50-11 bobby pins to keep it there, then you probably should just leave the ponytail alone for a few more months.

But that said, IMO, the condition of the hair also has alot to do with how good it looks in a ponytail. Not just the length. I've definitely seen girls with short, thick ponytails that look really cute. And I've seen girls with long, scraggly, thin ponytails that look a HAM.
:yep: Totally agree with the bolded. As long as the hair is healthy and the ponytail is full-looking then the length doesnt matter at all to me. I actually think it's adorable when women with bobs put their hair in a TWP - teenie weenie pony :giggle:

My hair is probably shorter than yours and I wear a ponytail most of the time. I'm sure the long hair ladies would probably frown upon my itty bitty pony, but I don't care. I still look cute :giggle:

I attached some pics. I don't always wear the tendrils. Sorry for the pic quality. I took the pics with my webcam.

You do look cute. My hair too is too too short for a pigs tail, but I keep my face bright and eyebrows neat. A little lip stick/gloss and your good to go.

India

I like ponytails on short hair, especially if there is a little side swept bang for a cute no muss, no fuss look.

Try a banana clip instead of the ponytail for now. I'm about two inches from APL as well and while I don't have an impressive ponytail yet, my hair looks AWESOME in a banana clip!!!!:drunk::drunk::yep:

Photo+on+2010-03-01+at+13.01+%232.jpg

Thank you for this! I must do this. I am SO lemming a Banana Clip now. I love your puff and your nails! :yep::yep::yep:

Back