How Open Are You Talking To Your So About Weaves? - Advice Needed

I was very open. My husband didn't even like weaves and I wore one the first couple years of our relationship. He learned so much lol! When people compliment my eyelashes, I tell them that they too can have them if they visit my girl. I just think you have to be secure in your choices and why you are making them. If someone brings something up, I will share.

So I told him last night!!!

I don't think he fully understood, but at least it's out there and I can explain further when need be

I spotted an opportunity yesterday as I went to the salon to get my hair done - washing of my hair + weave + re-doing and then trimming

He knew I was going 'cos I told him the night before in conversation about what I was doing with my day off as we were meeting later in the day. We were texting while I was at the salon and he asked what I was getting done - if I was getting trim/ cut (lol); I said mainly a trim, but a few other bits as well..

When we met in the evening, he told me my hair was lovely (my hairdresser gave me a nice little blunt clean cut as well); I said thank you and not much else

When we were sat later that evening talking, he strokes my hair.. instead of backing off a bit I blurted out 'my hairdresser put some extensions in' (lol). He's like really?? but it's shorter.. I'm like yes I know, but the extensions are in because i'm reliant on heat and having the extensions with my hair gives it a break and preserves my curl pattern and then explained a bit about heat damage. He nodded and said okay like he understood and that was it. We moved on to some other topic with no awkwardness whatsoever!

Later that evening he tugged at my hair from the top by mistake as he's much taller than me and was reaching for something, and apologised and then made a joke about pulling out my extensions lol, it was funny and we laughed about it with zero awkwardness

I don't think from the conversations afterwards that he understands that it's all extensions though, but I can always educate him more fully with time. At least it's out there now and I don't have to feel nervous about my hair being touched or anything. Freedom at last! :-D haha

Thanks for all the great advice :-*

Back