How Often Do You Wash Your Hair??? (Poll)

Meeting Date

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wash about every other day. Sometimes I use shampoo and conditioner, other times I use just conditioner. Just depends on the mood I'm in and the condition of my hair at the time.

I wash three times a week and don't go any longer than three days w/o washing. After my next retouch I want to start clarifying. Once a week I use a clarifying, moisturizing or a fortifier shampoo. The other two days I CO wash. I pretreat with EVOO, Dabur Vatika and Dabur Amla Oil. Shampoo, rinse out CO, cholesterol, ORS mayo, leave-in CO. Like a lot of other ladies, I feel having a clean scalp encourages more growth. Plus I like being able to scratch my head w/o build-up in my fingernails
perplexed.gif
. As long as I moisturize washing more often isn't a problem.

[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
Since joining the site I've gone from washing once every two weeks (ewh!) to once every week! Until I find the superb poo for my 4b hair, I'll stick to the once/wk rountine. I can't stand to go any longer now!

[/ QUOTE ]

What shampoo do you use?

I aint EVEN tryin to go through the drama of washing hair more than once every two weeks , and alot of times thats with conditioner....my hair does better that way
smile.gif

I tend to wash my hair, every other week,or every two weeks, but I rinse twice a day and do conditioning washes nearly day.

Once a week for me, but my routine is quite relaxed, so it could be every 4-10 days max. My regimen is in the link in my sig.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I co wash daily and wash with poo once or twice a week depending on how much product is on my hair. I use a mild protein at least once a week and I also do pre poo treatments at least once a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much follow the same routine now that the warmer weather is here. My hair and scalp love moisture!!
smile.gif
bath.gif

I wash my hair every 3 days and alternate between a protein treatment with Motions silk protein and a moisturizing treat with elasta qp dpr-11.

I've only just started washing my hair weekly, so i'm not sure to the benefits just yet. Tonight will be my first proper wash since becoming educated.

I'll be using apoghee (sp) evening primrose shampoo, then the keratin reconstructor, followed by lekair or lustrasilk deep conditioner (cholesterol) wish me luck!

x

I wash my hair at least twice a week sometimes three times. I alternate between Mizan Botanifying Shampoo and Redken. Once a week I use Emergencee, I always add EVOO to my conditioner and I use Mizana Mosturefuse or Redken conditioner and when I use Emergencee in the routine, I use Motions Silk Conditioner.

I notice my is much shinier and seems to be growing faster.

I'm surprised so many only wash once a week. I was sure the majority did about 2x. Interesting.
For myself it varies. For the first 6 weeks after a touchup a do it 3x a week, only 1x with shampoo. next 2-3 weeks twice, and the last 4 weeks or so before a relaxer retouch I wash once a week and wear cornrows to minimize manipulation.

I was washing once weekly and condition washing on all the other days. Being natural I find that daily washing is just to much manipulation. I now wash and deep condition once weekly.

I DETEST washing and detangling my hair because of breakage/shedding issues and my tightly coiled dense new growth. Tangles are more bearable when I condition wash than when I shampoo and deep condition with heat.

The entire process takes over an hour, so I will not do it daily. Washing it every 1-2 weeks will do this summer. The shampoo girl at the salon gets through it all rather easily.

I CO daily with either VO5 Oasis or Motion CPR and then I wash and deep conditon once a week following Carolyn Grey's regimin but using Optium shampoo instead of Motion

I rinse my hair almost daily and wash every other day with black soap.

Since using black soap, I'm no longer worrying about that dry stripped feeling that I used to get with shampoos, so I do it more regularly.

Wetting my hair daily makes it so much easier to style and tightens my locs.

[ QUOTE ]
MyNameIsCiara said:
I shampoo once a month and I conditioner wash daily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same I clarify wash once a month and condition wash every 3 days following a deep conditioner. This has helped my hair tremendously and my hair feels very soft. Growth has increased and everything.

Every 3 days
But recently I have been going through a rough period in my life...I have not washed in 12 days !!!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I know I should be shot for not even rinsing- but who has time for the detangling and drying when you are stressed.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I wash my hair once a week. I tried washing it 2 times a week years back when I first heard about more frequent shampooing. However, t I like to blowdry my hair after washing it, so doing that twice a week would cause too much damage and would take too long if I have a lot of new growth.

I just recently started washing once a week. I use either Motions neutralizing shampoo, or whatever samples I have on hand. I am really loving some Breck's samples I have. I condition with either Pantene Hydrating Curls, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, or Lekair cholesterol. I leave it on for however long is feasible, rinse, and begin styling.

Depending on the style that I plan on wearing that week, I will rinse my hair and condition mid week. I usually only do this if I plan on going from a wrap look to a braid out or from braid out to braid out. I find that rinsing mid week adds some more moisture to my hair.

I wash once a week with KeraCare Hydrating Shampoo and Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner... it's really working for me, because my hair doesn't feel damaged beyond repair when I use this, its' so soft and it works well with the Surge!

I voted 2x a week; usually every 3-4 days. I use a conditioner each time and try to use a protein deep conditioner (like UBH or GPB) 1x a week. As I get nearer to touch up, I wash it more often; about 3 - 4 times a week and a couple of those would be conditioner washes for manageability.

Back