How often do you use heat?

I use heat...

• Total voters
Once a week to blowdry and flat iron. I maintain my hair throughout the week with satin rollers and wrapping in a bun at night. When it gets hot, I don't use heat at all, too much trouble/humdity/frizziness, etc.

I have short hair, so air drying doesn't really jive well for me just yet. I'm trying to get away from wrapping becasue it thins my hair one side. And I haven't yet mastered rollersets.

I'm curious....What about using heat once per week on hair that is 75% dry with a ceramic tourmaline blowdryer on the lowest setting??? Then flatironing on a low setting? :lol: If this were the only heat someone used for the entire week, do you all think this would still be too damaging?

I just spent a grip on a new blowdryer and flat iron that I purchased with the intent of only using it once, maybe twice per month. But I'm curious to hear what you all think about using them weekly with leave ins and a great heat protectant.

Really could use some advise on this one!!!:)

I only use heat twice a month when I go to the salon.....I dont use any at home. When my curls fall....I'll throw it up in a bun or phony pony

My fiancee lives an hour away, so i visit him on weekends, and then go from his house to class Monday morning. He's White and I don't like discussing hair with him(or other whites for that matter) so I'll usually do my hair BEFORE I leave town. I wash my hair every 1-2 days, and when I do my hair friday, it has to last 3-4 days I'll usually use heat on Fridays only just to get me through the weekend.

in the spring/summer, I don't use any heat. In the fall, I may use it once every 2-3 weeks. In the winter, every other week.

THIS winter, my mom gave me her CHI flat-iron a conair blowdryer and some hot rollers. I was using those damn things EVERY week for like a month..so you know my hair suffered a little setback.

But I'm not back to no heat again

InnerSoul said:
yea....but I use my hooded dryer to deep condition and or rollerset twice a week. So technically I use heat 2x a week.

I do the same sometimes just one day per week (friday) or two (Wed & friday) it depends if my hair feels like need something extra or I have a new product that I HAVE to try:lol: :)

Im sporadic... I tend to only use heat when I go out..and I rarely go out..hah! If Im pressed for time, Ill blowdry, but I prefer to air dry and then use heat protectant and then flat iron. Generally, Ill blow dry maybe once a month...Ill flat iron about twice a month. The rare occassion when I go out two weekends in a row then its more often.

When I flatiron, Ill leave it straight about 3 days before I wash it...during the week I just wash and go daily or every other day, depending on my mood. I work from home though, so styling is totally optional and my hands arent in my hair much at all. My computer doesnt care what I look like :D

I'm Going Back To Using Heat Every 2-3 Months:) My Hair Started To Thin And Then I Mini Chopped Again:ohwell: So It'll Be Strictly Rollersets Every 2 Weeks:)

I voted other, because I only flatiron maybe once or twice a yr. and that's only when I'm in a challenge and it's comming to an end but I'm so many wks post I can barely see my true length, so I'll flatiron then to get the best length check. But I don't blowdry at all, I only airdry or rollerset.

I use indirect heat (hood dryer or soft bonnet) once or twice a week for 2 hours to dry my rollerset. No damage observed after several years

Indirect heat--once a week under a hooded dryer for my conditioning treatments. I'll use a hooded dryer for a roller set for 15min-30min to set off the drying process quickly and then airdry the rest of the time.

Direct heat-- I'll use a flat iron special occassions when I'm going out.

I've given up on using blowdryers. Even with a heat protectant they are far too drying for me and really suck the moisture out of my hair.

Naturellle said:
Indirect heat--once a week under a hooded dryer for my conditioning treatments. I'll use a hooded dryer for a roller set for 15min-30min to set off the drying process quickly and then airdry the rest of the time.

Direct heat-- I'll use a flat iron special occassions when I'm going out.

I've given up on using blowdryers. Even with a heat protectant they are far too drying for me and really suck the moisture out of my hair.
Cute lil puff hairstyle in your siggy!

I used heat a few months ago and in 1 week of using heat my ends were damaged and I had to cut my ends, my co workers keep telling me how long my hair would look blown out blah blah blah, and I said ok let me get the necessary heat protectants etc, and still my hair broke, after I wrap it at night I would curl the ends with the curling iron every morning for that week I wore it straight I think that really did it, my hair couldn't handle the damn hot curling iron every morning, (it really look pretty though:) I should've taken pics next time I guess, if there's a next time lol.

i havent used direct heat since last august which was 8 months ago. i dont plan on using it again because I notice it makes my hair very dry and rollersets give me a longer lasting curl.

i use indirect heat (sitting under the dryer) every week for DC.

for all of those who want that curl without the heat mayeb you should give caruso or vidal sassoon steam rollers a try. they arent damaging and they gice u a curl in about 10 mins. the vidal sassoon steam rollers are cheaper though.

I don't use heated appliances at all (I don't even own any. :lol: ) But, I use my Ion soft bonnet dryer (indirect heat) on warm or cool every other week for wet sets. Mostly, I air dry it.

I use in-direct heat once a week to deep condition.
And direct heat once every month or two. I would use it to check lenght and to see if I need a trim......

Back