How often are you using protein?All can answer especially transitioners!

I'm on a long stretch, I use mild/medium protein every wash on the relaxed hair only, I apply it to the NG as needed. I also use the aphogee hardcore treatment every 6-8 weeks. I follow up protein treats with a moisture DC.

I'm natural and double processed {bleach & permanent color overlapp}, so I NEED protein! I use Aphogee 2 min twice a week (I'm about to up it to 3), and their 2-step every 2 months or so. I'm also preparing to relax in a few months [January], so I need to make sure my hair is in tip top shape :)

I NEVER use a moisture DC after the Aphogee 2 min. It's a reconstructor, so it has moisturizing agents as well.

I'm relaxed and I use Aphogee2min reconstructor every week. I follow up w a moisture DC. I also appy MT to my scalp once in a while but I'm going to start doing that more frequently in addtion to my nightly end moisturizing and sealing.

I use ceramides and My hair LOVES protein!!!

I am transitioning and i use Aphogee 2 min protein every time I wash followed by the Aphogee moisturizing con and then I DC. I have found that the protein helps my hair.

I'm transitioning 11 months post. I use a light protein every week and hardcore every 6-8 weeks.

I'll use a protein leave in usually only if I'm using heat which isn't too often.

Currently I don't use protein conditioners. I have been using Aphogee Keratin and Green tea restructurizer spray with every shampoo. I love this stuff! It keeps my hair strong.

I've never done a protein treatment and I was a long-term transitioner (for over 2 years) and now I'm natural...

I use a light protein weekly and a hardcore protein once every 8 weeks or so even though I am fully natural now. My hair is fine textured and appreciates me keeping her fortified just as much as I keep her moisturized:yep:. I have very little to no breakage as a result.

Last edited:
Cosigning with Aggie.

I do hard core ApHogee 6-8 weeks and sometimes the 2 min protein in between.
I try to do a protein treatment either hard core or light before blowdrying.

I'm transitioning(approaching 3 months) and I DC with a light protein weekly. Will incorporate a hard core protein treatment every 6-8 weeks very soon.

Back