• 2" - 2.5" (5.1 - 6.4cm)

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • 2.5" - 3" (6.4 - 7.6cm)

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • More than 3" (more than 7.6 cm)

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I started my HHJ a year ago. Before that, I had 3" cut off...I haven't had a trim since. So it is going on a year since my last trim. I am not sure if I will ever trim. I will examine my ends come December (touch- up time) to see if they could use a trim. I would probably only dust anyway.

Hey I just chopped my hair in March (that was 7 in.), and I don't plan on trimming at all during my first year. I'm doing a little test on myself to see how much hair/length I can obtain without cutting it. I'll post pics in 6 months!!

Hmmm. I used to trim like 3-5 inches a year but I only trimmed an inch this past year. Wow. did I just say an inch. (DSD pats herself on the back and goes to take a look at her new ponytail). Yay me!!

I used to be so scissor happy.

I only got about 2 trims in the last year and my stylist only dusted so maybe "1/2-1" inch a year. My new stylist is not scissor happy and she told me that my ends always look fine so no need to trim. She knows the hard work I have put in to try and retain this length

I used to trim my hair every month. I don't know how much I cut off, but whenever I would flat-iron it, I would trim. But I've stopped trimming and adding heat to my hair 2 months now (aiming for 6 months) to see how much growth I will get. I'm bored of maintaining my now BSL and want WL. :)

I don’t know the exact amount but looking back I trimmed too much this year. It was needed to get some of the relaxed ends and color out. I did a bunch of dusting (oxymoron) 2 or 3 weeks ago and have locked my scissors away until 2010. I’ll see how far I can go without trimming. I know I would be full SL by now and APL by Dec if I hadn’t trimmed so much.

I said 2-3 inches a year. I'm trimming a lot because I'm transitioning and I had some serious damage. I plan on trimming less after I'm 100% natural.

I trimmed 1 inch in January and 1/2 inch in July. I'll be sticking to this schedule, so no more than 1-1/2 inches per year.

For my BC I clipped about 5 in of neglected and abused relaxed hair in April. Now that I'm approaching my first 6 mos as a natural---I have clipped less than 1/2 an inch. There has not been a need to clip more i.e split ends or heat damage. I hope it stays that way :bouncegre

For this year, I got a trim in July 2009 but I am planning that I will not be getting anymore trims until February 2010. I am trying to keep the trims to every 6 months. She trimmed a 1.5 inches.

I haven’t trimmed in over a year; currently transitioning to natural and I’m yet to do a BC. I shall probably start cutting in a couple of years or may wait until I reach my goal (still undecided).

Trim? :look: I haven't done one in a year and my hair is the healthiest it's ever been.:yep:

I'm totally surprised at how many people don't trim at all.

Dusters: Would you say that your yearly dusting is still less than 1/2"?

I only dust, and before last night, the last time was about a year ago. So I would say maybe .25 of an inch every year.

I've only had 2 trims in my whole life....:look:
The first one was over 5 years ago and the other was in October 2008.
I don't even look at my ends closely to search for split ends.
I wan't to get to MBL, then trim off a considerable amount. As I'm transitioning, the relaxed ends will have to go eventually anyway.

I cut off 4" back in March because it was very uneven. That was probably my last real haircut until I reach MBL and maintain there.

Not much at all. I'd say anywhere between 1/2"-1" a year, throughout the entire year. My hair grows in full and pretty evenly all around so it's really not mandatory to trim for aesthetics and I don't have any damaged areas.

Mostly single strand knots or the occasional split when I see them.

Back